Page 718 of 827 FirstFirst ... 218618668708714715716717718719720721722728768818 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    RIP Elongated Man?????
    Why do you say that?

I thought tonight was fun. Barry is awful undercover. Why did they not use their powers to fight at the end. I get going onstage as normals, but there was a bomb about to hit CC. Shouldn't Barry have raced over to the controls, or Ralph stretch.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Nash is probably in for a rude awakening once he "exposes" The Monitor. It's like...everyone is so focused on him, that they have no idea about The Anti-Monitor coming for them .

Chester is such a bundle of joy. That scene of him having the time of his life at STAR Labs was great. Natalie really doesn't know what she's missing. I hope he joins the team .

Man, what a shame about Jitters. At least it's gone mobile, I guess?

I'm only realizing this now, but if Cecile's powers got revealed she would probably be disbarred, right?

It's nice of Barry to appoint Ralph his successor, but...you'd think Wally would be the more natural choice. At the same time, I guess Barry trained or worked with Ralph longer then he did Wally.

I wonder what Allegra is going to do with all the information Nash gave her. Is she going to confront Iris about the Multiverse and Barry being The Flash? Is she going to self-publish an article revealing everything to the public?

Yeah, it's no surprise Barry is terrible at being undercover. He's not a natural liar (secret identity notwithstanding).

It was nice to see the show emphasize that the heroes' civilian identity can be just as valid and important as their Superhero identity. I think I can count on one hand the number of times Barry's CSI skills proved integral to stopping a bad guy or saving the day, if at all. It's usually just a surface-level element at best. But here we see Barry Allen saving the day for once (even if it didn't require any CSI skills).

Even fake drunk Barry is a fun Barry.

I love how Barry brought up how Ultraviolet looks straight out of a Mortal Kombat game. I remember thinking that the first time she showed up.

What was the point of showing January Galore being one of the few people to just sit there and enjoy watching the fight? Did she sit there so long they caught her too? Is she part of the trafficking of Metahumans as enforcers? Will she play into the Sue case? Just an excuse to show off the actress more?

Elongated Man finally gets his logo! And Barry Allen gets a Medal of Honor. I like that Ralph and Joe had their own secret plan to honor Barry for all he's done .

Does Allegra remind Nash of his Jesse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I thought tonight was fun. Barry is awful undercover. Why did they not use their powers to fight at the end. I get going onstage as normals, but there was a bomb about to hit CC. Shouldn't Barry have raced over to the controls, or Ralph stretch.
    I thought I heard Ralph stretch to avoid a hit during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    RIP Elongated Man?????
    There's no way they're going to just cut off the Sue storyline by getting rid of Ralph. It'd be a great feint, making us think they're going a certain way with EM, but this isn't "Game of Thrones" - and while it'd be shocking, that wouldn't make it a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Allegra remind Nash of his Jesse?
    I figured that too. But then I thought, "could this actually be Earth-2 Wells??"(it's Earth-2 right? I can't keep track) The "Nash" identity is just a mask and he's hiding behind it because of grief over Jesse and he's out for either revenge or to bring back his earth?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-20-2019 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There's no way they're going to just cut off the Sue storyline by getting rid of Ralph. It'd be a great feint, making us think they're going a certain way with EM, but this isn't "Game of Thrones" - and while it'd be shocking, that wouldn't make it a good story.
    Especially not after they just cast Natalie Dreyfuss to play Sue.
    I figured that too. But then I thought, "could this actually be Earth-2 Wells??"(it's Earth-2 right? I can't keep track) The "Nash" identity is just a mask and he's hiding behind it because of grief over Jesse and he's out for either revenge or to bring back his earth?
    It just doesn't make sense to me that Harry would pretend to be someone else to Team Flash and not tell them what happened to Earth-2.

Not to mention the complete personality change. I mean, he's still kind of abrasive, but not the same kind of abrasive.

Does that mean J'onn and Nate are next?

At least she's still with the DC "family" so-to-speak...
    Nate is Nathaneal who si citizen steel in the comics. The steel from JL detroit was his cousin Hank the third. Different character. Nate was a meta Hank was given a steel skeleton and servo motors

When will the CW finally stop trying to make americans speak horrendous german?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    When will the CW finally stop trying to make americans speak horrendous german?
    Never. (10 char)

Pretty fun episode. Loved the Bond references (villains' names, bowtie, etc), the Vicki Vale reference (Victoria Vale), the Mortal Kombat reference, and the use of Muse's Bond-esque song Supremacy was great. I liked seeing more of Runk, but since Cisco is coming back next week guess we won't see him again until Cisco is gone again.

So this was Danielle Panabaker's SECOND episode where she's directing. Somehow I missed that she directed "Godspeed".

I didn't think Ralph was killed, just...infected by Bloodwork to be used as a spy or a soldier. Guess we'll find out next week in "The Last Temptation of Barry Allen part 1" (a two parter before Crisis? Neat).

BANNED

A amusing interlude to the looming crisis. I felt the passing of baton was rather a tame affair with no tough questions being asked or hard angles being explored. It seems that Ralph always gets taken out whenever he has a epiphany. Drunken Barry making a return( albeit faking it) was the highlight. I almost excepted him to shout out he was THE FLASH! aloud and no one taking him at his word again. Wonder if the MK mention is part of cross promotion as the Joker is debuting next soon after Sindel and would explain why Esperanza looks so much like a Milena palette swap. The sister duo does remind me of Kitana and Milena. Meanwhile another addition to the cast who knows now that Barry is the flash. At this point it's seemingly one of the most poorly guarded secret ID and it wouldn't be surprising if the whole central city learns about it during the Crisis.

Efat Dor will be playing Eva McCulloch (named after the 2nd Mirror Master Evan McCulloch).

A quantum engineer and co-founder of McCulloch Technologies, Eva McCulloch is a scientific genius who works on the bleeding edge. Eva has been away from Central City for many years. But a chance meeting with Iris West-Allen results in a surprising alliance that pushes the boundaries of sanity, while also uncovering a vast conspiracy to take down Team Flash and its allies.”

The Bond stuff was pretty funny in a self aware kind of way. I liked Ralph being the competent one, although they could've at least used fake names.

Elongated Man and Joe presenting Barry with a medal of honor was a nice moment, but aren't all those cops going "Great, the new captain is giving an award to his adopted son"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why did they not use their powers to fight at the end. I get going onstage as normals, but there was a bomb about to hit CC. Shouldn't Barry have raced over to the controls, or Ralph stretch.
    When Barry first used his speed, he triggered the meta power dampeners. Maybe they left them on and extended them to the whole building?

I'm only realizing this now, but if Cecile's powers got revealed she would probably be disbarred, right?
    Most likely, although she could always say something like they just revealed themselves. You can't prove she was using them in the past.

Why would having powers get a lawyer disbarred? Jennifer Walters has powers and still works as a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The Bond stuff was pretty funny in a self aware kind of way. I liked Ralph being the competent one, although they could've at least used fake names.
    Well..."Allen Barry" .
    Elongated Man and Joe presenting Barry with a medal of honor was a nice moment, but aren't all those cops going "Great, the new captain is giving an award to his adopted son"?
    I wonder how public that is, but I guess it was probably in the news that Joe West took in an accused murderer's son. But I guess if they reported on it they would have to mention Joe was Barry's legal guardian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Why would having powers get a lawyer disbarred? Jennifer Walters has powers and still works as a lawyer.
    She-Hulk's powers don't let her "cheat" at law. Cecile can read minds or feelings and know whether people are guilty or not, but she doesn't tell anyone about it, and it kind of bucks the legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's different if you can read minds and obtain evidence in a way that may be considered unlawful.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It's different if you can read minds and obtain evidence in a way that may be considered unlawful.
    Well, it is only empathy, and her track record tends to be not-so-good. A person could probably do better with reading facial expressions. And whatever she gains she would still need to prove.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier