Page 785 of 827 FirstFirst ... 285685735775781782783784785786787788789795 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,775 of 12392
    Incredible Member

Thoughts on the episode.

It felt as the setup show for the rest of the series. That can have its own value, but so many
    things were set in motion without a conclusion.

Blackouts were a common theme. Flash was engaging in action, then everything skipped forward,
    with him having to catch up. It created a sense for the viewer as to whether it was real or not. Who has
    it right Flash or his friends, lovers who are saying why can't you remember? Is someone screwing with the
    timeline or has Flash really lost it? I hope to see Joe West again.

I know that lots of people like a supervillain that they can sink their teeth into. I like the actor, but the Despero
    character is already annoying me. I don't know why whatever he says is immediately believed. His good intentions
    are also bought into a little too easily.

The ending of the STAR labs was done well. Although it seems a bit odd moving their operation into someone's house.
    At least they didn't pretend it was all going to be perfect. I found Chester's (or I guess Chuck) claim of this is how
    I became a pacifist a little lame. Let's be honest. If Flash needs a weapon from him, it will be designed.

One thing that felt missing to me was Barry and Iris really talking all this out. She seemed to be cut out of the rush
    to the Hall of Heroes bit. I mean she is his wife. You would think that there would be a conversation, just between the
    two of them. Their intimacy as a couple is often on the show implied, without really being shown.

I also wonder when Barry will get his footing as the Flash. In the first two episodes Despero's tactics have left him
    flatfooted several times. Does that only occur in episode 5? But perhaps next week our favorite speedster will start to get
    his footing. So far at least it doesn't feel like much of a crossover, just an occasional guest star.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 11-24-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You are the fastest man alive, so make sure you don't run down the bad guy too fast to see, you first should stand in front of them and tell them to give themselves up. It has worked so many times before.
    I know they can't have Flash just end all threats in the blink of an eye all the time, but the fact that he did that twice this ep makes him look a bit silly.

There were hints that Joe was dead and I had been thinking to myself "I know last season was bad, but was it so forgettable it didn't register to me that he died?" I guess not. It'll be interesting if it's actually true and Barry is in some kind of traumatic denial. But I'm guessing it won't be true - CW seems too in love with their characters to actually do anything bad to them without really padding it with a lot of build-up or drama. (and I hadn't heard anything about Jesse L Martin being off the show)

The CGI Despero looks pretty decent when they choose to use him, but I'd honestly prefer that they just put the guy in makeup and a fake fin. Despero doesn't need to be a giant hulking guy - he wasn't drawn as such in the silver age.

I'm surprised to hear Allegra question Despero's desire to save earth even though he's an alien. The others should have replied, "Superman... Kara... J'onn... Brainy..."
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-24-2021 at 11:06 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know they can't have Flash just end all threats in the blink of an eye all the time, but the fact that he did that twice this ep makes him look a bit silly.
    Of course it's silly, but the Flashes are just too powerful. Unless they are ambushed or speedsters themselves, Barry, Wally, Jay, etc. should be able to deal with any baddie in a blink of an eye. If we dissect all of the stories going all the way back to Jay's debut, how many of them would pass the intelligence test?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I know that lots of people like a supervillain that they can sink their teeth into. I like the actor, but the Despero
    character is already annoying me. I don't know why whatever he says is immediately believed. His good intentions
    are also bought into a little too easily.
    I was wondering how believable it will be that Team Flash might turn on Barry and think Despero is right.
    The ending of the STAR labs was done well. Although it seems a bit odd moving their operation into someone's house.
    At least they didn't pretend it was all going to be perfect. I found Chester's (or I guess Chuck) claim of this is how
    I became a pacifist a little lame. Let's be honest. If Flash needs a weapon from him, it will be designed.
    I could have sworn he had designed them weapons before.
    One thing that felt missing to me was Barry and Iris really talking all this out. She seemed to be cut out of the rush
    to the Hall of Heroes bit. I mean she is his wife. You would think that there would be a conversation, just between the
    two of them. Their intimacy as a couple is often on the show implied, without really being shown.
    Maybe that's by design to make it harder for Barry to keep it together.
    I also wonder when Barry will get his footing as the Flash. In the first two episodes Despero's tactics have left him
    flatfooted several times. Does that only occur in episode 5? But perhaps next week our favorite speedster will start to get
    his footing. So far at least it doesn't feel like much of a crossover, just an occasional guest star.
    He's at least stopped the villain of the weeks on his own.

Although I guess it's kind of funny to think of crossovers when all the guest stars are from shows that just ended or they're not on anymore.
    But at least he managed to resolve the threat on his own without help, so I take that as a win.
    There were hints that Joe was dead and I had been thinking to myself "I know last season was bad, but was it so forgettable it didn't register to me that he died?" I guess not. It'll be interesting if it's actually true and Barry is in some kind of traumatic denial. But I'm guessing it won't be true - CW seems too in love with their characters to actually do anything bad to them without really padding it with a lot of build-up or drama. (and I hadn't heard anything about Jesse L Martin being off the show)
    I mean, all this stuff built together and Barry not knowing Joe is dead...it feels like it's leading to a reveal that someone (Cough)Thawne(Cough) is messing with things to deliberately break Barry.
    The CGI Despero looks pretty decent when they choose to use him, but I'd honestly prefer that they just put the guy in makeup and a fake fin. Despero doesn't need to be a giant hulking guy - he wasn't drawn as such in the silver age.
    I don't think they have the budget to make the makeup and fin look as convincing as the CGI version.
    I'm surprised to hear Allegra question Despero's desire to save earth even though he's an alien. The others should have replied, "Superman... Kara... J'onn... Brainy..."
    Characters acting like National City doesn't exist as a haven for aliens when the plot demands it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they have the budget to make the makeup and fin look as convincing as the CGI version.
    I'm talking about just giving him Magenta skin and putting on a fake fin on this head - Star Trek level stuff. Nothing super fancy. That way he can just look like himself the whole time. There's no real reason he has two looks, especially when people can't see him most of the time so there's no reason for him to adopt a human appearance. (not that he blends in anyway with that outfit)

I'm talking about just giving him Magenta skin and putting on a fake fin on this head - Star Trek level stuff. Nothing super fancy. That way he can just look like himself the whole time. There's no real reason he has two looks, especially when people can't see him most of the time so there's no reason for him to adopt a human appearance. (not that he blends in anyway with that outfit)
    I think it's to look more intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If the writers actually wrote any of the speedsters correctly in the comics or live action, the stories would be over in a minute.
    Flash would take out his villains super quick in the comics, compared to the show he does that way more often. But then again a comic only has 22 pages.

Also, in the comics the villains would at least come up with an effective plan to stop the Flash (Computron trapping him in a computer game, Heatwave building an anti-speed suit, Digger's boomerangs can travel almost as fast as lightning etc...), you can at least nod at your head and suspend your disbelief.

The show fails at that mightily. I felt they were trying to go for that with the Thinker and Cicada but the execution were awful.

This felt like a bit of a step down from last week when it comes to Flash's skills and capability. He thinks that a telepath is what messed with him in Despero's prediction, so he just confronts that telepath without any further plan or precaution? Also it's kind of messed up the rest of Team Flash didn't think it was his contact with Xotar that made him act differently. Iris said something about how Barry's second episode couldn't have been Xotar because her powers had already been neutralized, but that doesn't mean there couldn't have been some sort of residual thing affecting him.

I did like the raiding of STAR Labs and the Joe reveal, though, those felt like a huge kick to the gut. And Jefferson appearing at the end was great. Is this event going to be the Atom episode, the Alex episode, the Black Lightning episode, etc. or are we going to see them all team-up int he final part?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It sounds like they are painting Despero a a kind of tragic hero, which instantly makes me think he's the one messing with Barry's mind. And since Thawne will be a part of this crossover, I'm guessing Despero's parterning with Thawne to drive Barry mad, and thus paint him as a villain and destroy his legacy. And probably that Joe will be back by the end of this crossover due to time travel hijinx.
    That could be it. If Despero really is genuine, though, it could just be Thawne going around disguised as Flash and ruining his good name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Chester is a pacifist? Did that come up before? Although becoming one because you made a ray gun at age 10 that ended up burning your best friends' house down because you saw a Marvin the Martian cartoon (shameless WB plug) was...something. It does differentiate him from Cisco at least.
    I think Chester's expressed aversion to violence before, but I can't remember him outright saying he's a pacifist. For a second I was worried they were going to pull a Jimmy Olsen and make Chester's pacifism have something to do with him experiencing racism when he was a kid. I think I prefer the Martian raygun backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    This felt like a bit of a step down from last week when it comes to Flash's skills and capability. He thinks that a telepath is what messed with him in Despero's prediction, so he just confronts that telepath without any further plan or precaution? Also it's kind of messed up the rest of Team Flash didn't think it was his contact with Xotar that made him act differently. Iris said something about how Barry's second episode couldn't have been Xotar because her powers had already been neutralized, but that doesn't mean there couldn't have been some sort of residual thing affecting him.
    I'm surprised they don't have anti-telepathy tech installed in the cowl by this point. Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th time Barry's been brainwashed (or believed to be brainwashed)?
    I did like the raiding of STAR Labs and the Joe reveal, though, those felt like a huge kick to the gut. And Jefferson appearing at the end was great. Is this event going to be the Atom episode, the Alex episode, the Black Lightning episode, etc. or are we going to see them all team-up int he final part?
    I think it's the latter, at least for some of the heroes, but for now it's one guest star per episode like it's Brave and the Bold.
    That could be it. If Despero really is genuine, though, it could just be Thawne going around disguised as Flash and ruining his good name.
    In before this was the Return of Barry Allen adaption we never thought we'd get starring the actual Barry Allen.
    I think Chester's expressed aversion to violence before, but I can't remember him outright saying he's a pacifist. For a second I was worried they were going to pull a Jimmy Olsen and make Chester's pacifism have something to do with him experiencing racism when he was a kid. I think I prefer the Martian raygun backstory.
    Thinking back on it, pretty much all of Jimmy's major episodes in Supergirl involved dealing with some kind of emotional trauma he experienced as a child, some of which involved racism. I guess that was true for both Olsen kids.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Interesting....sorta...I never really cared for him

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Flash would take out his villains super quick in the comics, compared to the show he does that way more often. But then again a comic only has 22 pages.

Also, in the comics the villains would at least come up with an effective plan to stop the Flash (Computron trapping him in a computer game, Heatwave building an anti-speed suit, Digger's boomerangs can travel almost as fast as lightning etc...), you can at least nod at your head and suspend your disbelief.

The show fails at that mightily. I felt they were trying to go for that with the Thinker and Cicada but the execution were awful.
    God...Cicada just triggers my anger...

Someone: We need to get the dagger away from Cicada.

*Knock Cicada down and get the dagger away them in fight

Also someone: hey lets sit here and have a five minute conversation about our feelings

*Cicada recovers dagger and gets away.

Someone: Darn that Cicada got away again.

I mean I know it was not exactly like that but I swear it's how it felt every single time just to pad things out.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 11-30-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Drinking game. Every time Flash stands in front of the villain and talks instead of using super speed to subdue them, take a shot.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Drinking game. Every time Flash stands in front of the villain and talks instead of using super speed to subdue them, take a shot.
    I don't think anyone is prepared for that amount of alcohol poisoning
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Could he finally get to wear the Firestorm suit? It's not like Legends is ever going to use it again.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

Flash should have no problem with any supervillain with normal mental and physical speed in the comics. I mean, Captain Boomerang wouldn't be able to use any of his boomerangs if he's already tied up in a bow.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?