Page 740 of 827 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744750790 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 12392
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah, writing him out with Eva's and Sue's plot being obviously unfinished will be....awkward.

Then again, maybe it will be undone, see James Gunn. I for one think that Hartley too just wanted to be an edgy moron. I mean, it was 8 years ago.
    The actor will need overwhelming fan and industry support to be able to make a comeback like James Gunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted, Ralph can alter his face and looks so they could recast if they wanted to.
    It wouldn't be too much of a stretch.😂

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It wouldn't be too much of a stretch.��
    Booooh!

That would be an interesting way though. Maybe force him to permanently take on a different identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Booooh!

That would be an interesting way though. Maybe force him to permanently take on a different identity.
    Maybe Eva framed him and Sue together.

wow. I haven't been watching the show in recent years, so I don't have the biggest investment in his portrayal of Ralph. But just-- geez.

I don't know how old this guy is. But my general outlook is that "edgelord" style humor can come back to bite you. Obviously it happened to other people. He's not the first.

Find another actor, find another "Earth", whatever the case.

BANNED

Happy that fuckin racist is gone. Hope they can weed out more of them.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

M3h, Sue and Ralph are off investigating......whatever you wanna throw in. Off the show...smaller cast at least by a couple people and its a win.

Damn, Ralph was basically carrying the show for the last couple of seasons. Those tweets are messed up. Not sure if they’re worse than what James Gunn tweeted. But back when that happened I was a little more sympathetic to Disney’s initial decision than most. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think making edgelord tweets years ago necessarily means you’re a bad person, but you can see why employers wouldn’t want that kind of bad publicity representing your business.
    Not sure if I’m going to continue following these shows though. I sorta only caught myself back up because I was exited for Crisis, and with this Batwoman/Elongated man business kinda bums me out. I’m still interested in the Superman reboot, but I don’t know if I’m gonna bother with the rest of them.

Didn't he get in trouble for something more recent, an Instagram post or something?

That I can understand. But I'm starting to hate that, if you ever said anything bad, even if it was years ago, then you are instantly a pariah and must be destroyed. I said a lot of stuff when I was a kid, and I regret all of it. I've learned from those mistakes, and have grown from them. Shouldn't we give others the same chance?

That being said, if he is a racist than good riddance.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Didn't he get in trouble for something more recent, an Instagram post or something?

That I can understand. But I'm starting to hate that, if you ever said anything bad, even if it was years ago, then you are instantly a pariah and must be destroyed. I said a lot of stuff when I was a kid, and I regret all of it. I've learned from those mistakes, and have grown from them. Shouldn't we give others the same chance?

That being said, if he is a racist than good riddance.
    Im of a few minds on it. On the one hand, as you said I don't think one stupid thing you say should not define you or get you a scarlet letter, but if there is a pattern of consistent ish than that's different. Don't know that is there with Sawyer. I was watching Undisputed this morning and they were talking about Mark Whalberg's history as a kid (which Mark has copped to when asked about it and even served some jail time behind some of the stuff he did) I love me some Marky Mark. I never knew about any of his past til this morning. Far as I know he has been and is a good dude and not a racist d-bag for stuff he did in his teens and far as I know, he loves us black folk these days as well as all minorities and people. Now a grown ass man to me does not exactly get the same kinda consideration. But...you don't want them to be held down for one stupid mistake either....it can get messy.

Very disappointing. How people don't think before they tweet. Or think saying crap like this is okay, I just don't know.

As for Flash and the RM, they should just "Rhodey" the character.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All-New Member

This is why you should be careful about what you share online. It goes without saying that nothing you post on the Internet ever really goes away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Im of a few minds on it. On the one hand, as you said I don't think one stupid thing you say should not define you or get you a scarlet letter, but if there is a pattern of consistent ish than that's different. Don't know that is there with Sawyer. I was watching Undisputed this morning and they were talking about Mark Whalberg's history as a kid (which Mark has copped to when asked about it and even served some jail time behind some of the stuff he did) I love me some Marky Mark. I never knew about any of his past til this morning. Far as I know he has been and is a good dude and not a racist d-bag for stuff he did in his teens and far as I know, he loves us black folk these days as well as all minorities and people. Now a grown ass man to me does not exactly get the same kinda consideration. But...you don't want them to be held down for one stupid mistake either....it can get messy.
    Yeah there's no excuse for the tweets granted. But, maybe when he was confronted with them he didn't react satisfactorily? Maybe they had more recent relevant info?

I don't know him I dont follow his social media. Maybe if he had explained himself as learning from the stupid things he said in the past and growing in 8 years? But, honestly some stuff like this will come back to haunt you. Saying stuff like this in public to be edgy and funny will have consequences. Unless you are trump and then its just "locker room talk"

Amazing Member

This is disappointing and to be honest with everything that's going on I forgot about this situation. I agree with others to just hire another actor however, those are some big shoes to fill Ralph has really carried the weight of the show when the other characters were having low points.

BANNED

this is a problem when you constantly have predominantly white and male programs. studios are afraid of putting more than 2 or 3 non white characters in tv show. who cares about pasty ass sue and ralph when they could introduce non white characters to replace them which would be far more interesting.