Page 606 of 827 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656706 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aww...

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Aww...

I'm sure she'll only have powers for one episode .

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'm sure she'll only have powers for one episode .
    I seem to remember Iris having a brief fling with superspeed and a superhero costume early in the New 52.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I seem to remember Iris having a brief fling with superspeed and a superhero costume early in the New 52.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yep.

She kept complaining about how tight the costume was .

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

It was nice to see Axel again and back in his Trickster duds. He was pretty much overshadowed by his dad in his debut episode and hasn't been seen since season 1, so it was good to see him get to be the main antagonist for Team Flash (with his mom in tow), especially since he's the modern Trickster.

It was awesome that they got Connie Bohrer back as Prank and, once again, referenced the 90's Flash show (right down to bringing back the Trickster theme). Not only is she as fun as she was back then, but she has aged phenomenally .

Prank going off the rails after she stopped taking her meds reminded me of that scene in "Flash and Substance" from Justice League Unlimited where Flash points out to Trickster (voiced, of course, by Mark Hamill) that he's off his meds and wearing the suit again.

Speaking of, so James Jesse has been on the lam since last year and we're only learning about it now? Hopefully after this episode he can make a comeback next season and we can have a full Trickster family reunion.
    I so wanted a Stars Wars joke on what happened to James Jesse. Like he got arrested at Lucas Ranch.

Astonishing Member

Y'know something occurs to me. Given he has essentially omniscience or at the very least some level of cosmic awareness to a degree. I wonder if DeVoe knows about/who the mysterious future girl is in relation to Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Y'know something occurs to me. Given he has essentially omniscience or at the very least some level of cosmic awareness to a degree. I wonder if DeVoe knows about/who the mysterious future girl is in relation to Barry.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

I don't know if there's anything DeVoe doesn't know.

Retired

A new rule of the universe seems to be that women gain metahuman abilities during pregnancy. Probably is useful when a woman is carrying a baby that has super-powers of his or her own--helps protect the mother and the baby both.

But I don't want to spoil the reveal of Iris West's new outfit by clicking the link. I'm sure it will be spoiled for me soon enough. Those thumbnails that come up on Youtube give away a lot of spoilers even when you don't cllick the video.

There was a tweet from Mark Hamill on Prank's appearance on THE FLASH https://twitter.com/HamillHimself
    Such a TREAT to see my deliciously demented TRICKSTER FAMILY spreading their merry mayhem on @CW_TheFlash- LOVED @CorinneBohrer as my precious PRANK- #DevonGraye as my sinister son TRIXTER-2 & @chelseahamill's cameo as baby Axel made me one #ProudPop!!!😜❤️

And I'm sure I saw another tweet from him last night, saying that Pank was the original Harley Qunn--but I haven't been able to find it. Such a classy guy.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man mystery girl was just such a spot on XS in the way she talked and acted I am going to be pissed if she is Dawn instead of Jenni. I know she is going to be Dawn but I still hate it. Jenni Ognats is just such a good character to use all the character bit about her and then call her someone else is just wrong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man mystery girl was just such a spot on XS in the way she talked and acted I am going to be pissed if she is Dawn instead of Jenni. I know she is going to be Dawn but I still hate it. Jenni Ognats is just such a good character to use all the character bit about her and then call her someone else is just wrong to me.

I dunno, I'm kind of leaning more towards Jenni with the Interlac (or some variant) she's using.

Retired

Arrowverse mashes several characters together into one (Atom) or else splits them apart into several (Black Canary). So That Girl could be a mash up of several kid speedsters. I see some Impulse in her, too. I never really expect them to be faithful to the comics. And it would be too difficult to explain XS the way she is in the comics. The Legion is on a whole other Earth--how is that supposed to work out? Can't she be a competely separate character?

With Eongated Man's costume compact, I wonder if finally Cisco is going to further develop the technology and have a Flash ring ready for Barry when he gets released from prison.

DeVoe is a Wisenheimer. A guy like that is bound to make some mistake. It's just too bad if the original actor doesn't return for the finale. The payback won't be as sweet if it's pretty-face Brainstorm eating humble pie.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Personally the joke manages to be cringy and hilarious at the same time and that's what makes it great. It's VERY fourth wall leaning.

Sure the team might know what Kryptonite is. But it makes no sense for it to be a phrase used like we do in real life unless it's quickly become some kind of in joke to the team. At which point it'd have to be used almost exclusively to joke about Kara having a weaksauce weakness which...might work for Cisco and possibly Caitlin but not really Barry or Iris.
    they seem to be randomly adding comic book subject jokes for a while. To the point that they used Spider-man twice and Hulk once.

I was hoping for another earth where Iris got superpowers but I'll settle for this and my Gods and Monsters fanfic.

I guess the Legion could just have a version on Earth-1.

The episode was decent but pretty forgetable. I'm wondering if they escape to the 25th century would they meet a younger Eobard there?

Elongated Man is the poor man's Ace Ventura, in a sense.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Elongated Man is the poor man's Ace Ventura, in a sense.
    I was thinking of Jim Carrey a lot, but more of the Mask than Ace Ventura.