Page 801 of 827 FirstFirst ... 301701751791797798799800801802803804805811 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,015 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Blockbuster a Nightwing villain? Why was he used in The Flash and not Batwoman?
    Roland Desmond was a Nightwing villain. Mark Desmond (who they used here) was a Batman villain or a general DCU villain.

It wouldn't be the first time the show's poached another franchises' villain for a one-off.

I don't like using the term "filler" for a show like this, but this episode felt more like...a breather episode that's light on budget? It was mostly about everyone dealing with their grief and they barely showed the villain doing anything.

They may have dropped a major hint as to who the next Big Bad will be...Condiment King.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Team Flash is still reeling from Frost's death, which has to be the first major death they've dealt with since...the Wells'? Nora? HR? So I guess it makes sense that it would impact them so hard.
    Did they ever properly mourn Harry and Jesse? I feel like with so much going on at the time, that was glossed over.

Oh hey, they mentioned Rene/Wild Dog! It was nice to hear his name. They even mentioned Ollie.
    That was fun.

Isn't Blockbuster a Nightwing villain? Why was he used in The Flash and not Batwoman?
    They needed a one-off villain for this episode, picked up Who's Who In The DCU to look for one and stopped when they got to the "B"s?

True about them needing disguises. That reporter at the Citizen is on to them and suggested to Iris that they should investigate Flash's new allies. Does she realise one of them was Allegra, her colleague who she wanted to destroy?

About the eating contest, you're right, Barry could've actually made it less of a close call too. He'll probably let her win next time.

Cisco must be watching the news and thinking "what the hell guys, if I was still there you'd have some awesome suits made by yours truly".
    Or Diggle. I mean, early Arrow sort of used the excuse that it's dark and that Diggle isn't always out in the field, but they eventually had to address it and give him a disguise and a separate identity. It seems dumb Team Flash wouldn't apply the same logic to anyone who helps Flash out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Did they ever properly mourn Harry and Jesse? I feel like with so much going on at the time, that was glossed over.
    I think they came up maybe once Post-Crisis during the Mirror Monarch arc, but I might be thinking of when Nash was channeling Harry.
    They needed a one-off villain for this episode, picked up Who's Who In The DCU to look for one and stopped when they got to the "B"s?
    This show's villain-of-the-week logic at its finest.

"Max?"

Max?

As in Max Mercury?

Mighty Member

I liked the way Barry contacted Nora for help.

I don't know what the point of that episode. Flash as Neo in the Matrix? Iris is OK? Wha?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Don't you just hate it when you try to surprise your wife at the office with breakfast only to find out she's vanished?

I see Tinya has gone from attempted murder to stealing food. Like, what was Barry expecting? Why would she help them save the woman she tried to kill because she blames her for what happened to her mom? An attempted murder she feels absolutely no guilt over? Barry should've led with the idea that they would've tried to find Tinya's mom too if he really wanted to get her cooperation.

I'm glad Mark is having none of Caitlin's nonsense about reviving Frost...at least until he did because he's that desperate. But I mean...she's not telling Team Flash because she knows they would be against it, she's planning to exhume her corpse for samples, and honestly no matter her scientific certainty this feels like another Deathstorm. And she never really answered the question of whether they could properly bring back Frosts' soul. Honestly her sheer certainty that it will work only makes it more likely it's going to fail, because that's how it is almost 100% of the time in fiction.

I get that Joe is naturally suspicious, but they really didn't have any option other than to trust Dion who is literally their only connection to the Still Force and has been helping them for a while now.

No other Forces? Thank goodness!

Are they going to try to spin Kramer as a Native American Superhero?

Right when Allegra was lecturing Chester about the dangers of revealing proprietary technology to his online followers, one of them ends up accidentally taking a building out. Only this time now Allegra is lecturing Chester about how he should be doing this for his followers, although I guess now he's going to be more active with them to make sure this doesn't happen again. But I guess because the persons' intentions were pure we're just going to ignore them destroying a building and making some people homeless...?

Zoom and Godspeed teaming-up? Somehow? That would actually be pretty interesting.

I admire Barry's dedication to rescuing another woman trapped in the Still Force to the point of focusing on that instead of his wife. I guess he can at least tell Tinya her mom's not dead.

To the surprise of no one, Taylor is going to try to out Allegra for working with Team Flash...even though she's a good guy. Well, I guess it's Allegra's fault for not wearing a mask in the field.

So if that's not the real Dion, who is it? Some kind of Still Force monster created from Iris' time-sickness?

Oh hey, baby Jenna! In a picture! She does exist! We even got a Wally mention!

The Flash has mastered the Still Force! And in doing so he has has access to the past, present, and future...and the way he talked about everyone, Harry, Jesse, and even Frost and Cisco...was that him following the timeline starting from the past or talking like they'll all be together in the future? Like with Bart and Nora's futures? And even Max Mercury!

Nora has a wife in the future? Is that the first time they've explicitly addressed her sexuality? I think they pretty heavily indicated she was into girls in season 5, but I think this is the most legit confirmation of it.

So who hacked Chesters' files? I'm guessing it's going to be Meena Dhawan, who I assume is already working for Fastrack Labs.

Wait, they mentioned Max Mercury? Is there any other speedster the show hasn't used yet except for ginger Wally and his kids and the Tornado Twins (who'll never appear due to the way the West-Allen family tree was altered for the show)?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wait, they mentioned Max Mercury? Is there any other speedster the show hasn't used yet except for ginger Wally and his kids and the Tornado Twins (who'll never appear due to the way the West-Allen family tree was altered for the show)?
    As far as I know Max is the biggest character who hasn't shown up yet.

Incredible Member

Is a resurrected “Killer” Frost being setup to be the final big bad of the season? It sure seems that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Is a resurrected “Killer” Frost being setup to be the final big bad of the season? It sure seems that way.
    I have definitely seen a lot of speculation that what Caitlin and Mark end up bringing back isn't Frost but the legitimate Killer Frost.

I don't know if she'll be the final Big Bad, I think that's going to be Fasttrack Labs.

I guess there is more to Deon going bad. But I wonder who is hacking Chester's PC.

Is Dione genuinely bad or has the sickness gotten to his head?

I liked the team-up between Flash and XS. It is weird to think that the Nora we knew from when she was first introduced doesn't exist anymore. Bart sat this one out, but I would like to see a team-up that's just between Flash and Impulse.

I'm surprised they mentioned Max Mercury (and may or may not introduce him) since Wally seemed to be filling his role. Although I guess they could go with the fact that he's from a bygone era and kept inadvertently traveling decades into the future until he stopped somewhere.

Joe has been a lot angrier these days. I don't like it, and if that's the direction they're going with him, I'm glad he's not going to be a full time cast member next season.

I admire Barry's dedication to rescuing another woman trapped in the Still Force to the point of focusing on that instead of his wife. I guess he can at least tell Tinya her mom's not dead.
    That was nice, and hopefully Tinya will appreciate it. I feel like she's not supposed to be a villain even though she has been acting villainous.

Johnny Quick, but that's probably out now. Oh, John Fox could make for a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Is Dione genuinely bad or has the sickness gotten to his head?
    Seems like there's two Dion's. Maybe positive and negative?
    I liked the team-up between Flash and XS. It is weird to think that the Nora we knew from when she was first introduced doesn't exist anymore. Bart sat this one out, but I would like to see a team-up that's just between Flash and Impulse.
    Now I do want a Barry and Bart team-up...also I hope Nora tries to be fair and balanced when reporting herself.
    I'm surprised they mentioned Max Mercury (and may or may not introduce him) since Wally seemed to be filling his role. Although I guess they could go with the fact that he's from a bygone era and kept inadvertently traveling decades into the future until he stopped somewhere.
    Maybe he knows more about the Speed Force than even Wally does. I wonder if Jay will know him?
    Joe has been a lot angrier these days. I don't like it, and if that's the direction they're going with him, I'm glad he's not going to be a full time cast member next season.
    This reminded me of him threatening to disown Barry and Iris if they didn't help Thawne, which wasn't a good memory.
    That was nice, and hopefully Tinya will appreciate it. I feel like she's not supposed to be a villain even though she has been acting villainous.
    She's now committed two on-screen crimes.
    Johnny Quick, but that's probably out now. Oh, John Fox could make for a good story.
    I was always wondering if they'd retcon a Post-Crisis Jesse that had her Johnny Chambers origin and needed the Speed Formula but they probably wouldn't erase a connection to Harry.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

How was Max Mercury mentioned? I totally missed that.
    Was it early in the episode? Somewhere give me an idea where? I'd go back just to catch that moment if it could be narrowed down.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime