Page 15 of 827 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Why yes gobSides we are excited about the new flash series. That's why we have a 14 page thread talking about it.
    To be fair, they might be new to the way things might go here, and at times, threads, either about manga, of Superman films, or even the new Ninja Turtles, get started up not simply to discuss it, but also to criticise and disect it.

So, it's not automatically a given that people like it because there's a thread, or a long lasting thread about it. Just look at the various different arguments, or discussions, in the Fantastic Four thread; it's gone on a very long while, and despite dashes of apathy or positivity, negativty mixed in, of course, as with everything.

So, please, try to be a bit more understanding of them saul, as I'd say it would make a difference for them.

I for one am looking forward to seeing the new Flash TV series. I think I will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    I for one am looking forward to seeing the new Flash TV series. I think I will enjoy it.
    How do you think it'll compare to the 90s' series, with Barrys' Dad from this, John Wesley Shipp, as the Scarlet Speedster?

Or, have you seen that?

I am in the currently in the process of watching the pilot. The dialogue is a little cringe worthy and the performances are all over the place, but so far I can see some potential.

I may not get heavily into the show but I feel like I will check out episodes for specific characters/events.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

I'm expecting the same level of "quality" as Arrow but hopefully with much less attempt at grimdark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Good to see you gave it a chance. I never asked you but from your past comments it did seem like Gustin's performance on Arrow was forming you opinion. Gustin definitely settled into the role with this pilot. The talkative nervousness from Arrow was gone... which in all honesty was my biggest worry. That would have gotten old fast...
    Well I thought that if I am going to criticize it I should do so on it’s entire merits (now that the pilot is un-officially available) than for just what I didn’t like on Arrow. Otherwise I would just be a MB crank who should be ignored .

Like I mentioned above, I take the show for what it is. A drama action flick aimed at teens/20 somethings’. I don’t expect for this to be Hamlet. As long as I like the characters and it has coherent plot I’ll at least give it a chance and treat it as 45 minutes as escapism from life. I am just glad that they tweaked the Barry characterisation, because apart from it being annoying. I just can’t see that sort of character holding the attention of tv audiences. But from what I’ve seen I am glad that not only did they give him more gravitas. They also showed his character.
    I first found the scene where he apologizes for almost knocks over that guy while in pursuit of the thief of Iris’s bag a bit strange. Until I remembered that he’s a very considerate person with a big heart. That’s the way he operates and that’s his foundation. It makes his decision to become a superhero or use his powers for good a bit more believable, than just some forced plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    And Barry spent his whole life growing up claiming that his father, who every person involved in the education was convinced he was guilty as sin, was framed by magic transparent man who was hardly visible running around in a lightning storm inside his living room. And then he's coming at him with this story about how one of their recently deceased colleagues was a alive, and a criminal, who could control the weather.
    Blowing up at Barry and telling him that it’s time to stop living in fantasy land and he should get with reality is one thing. But the stuff he said about his Dad being guilty etc. Was just unnecessarily harsh. Even it’s true, he should just left it un-said. Because he more or less told Barry that his Dad is a piece of ****. You don’t say something like that to someone about their parents (unless of course the child was a victim of abuse etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

Blowing up at Barry and telling him that it’s time to stop living in fantasy land and he should get with reality is one thing. But the stuff he said about his Dad being guilty etc. Was just unnecessarily harsh. Even it’s true, he should just left it un-said. Because he more or less told Barry that his Dad is a piece of ****. You don’t say something like that to someone about their parents (unless of course the child was a victim of abuse etc.).
    I have to agree with you there. That felt really uncalled for and out of place.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Ultimate Member

Except that his dad was accused of murdering his own wife and all of the evidence SEEMS to point to him. So no, calling him "a piece of S***" and confronting Barry about believe a fantasy (from everyone who wasn't actually there's perspective) is NOT uncalled for at all. Barry's an adult, he should be treated like one, period.

BANNED

wow

this is still a thing

...anyway, interested to see what other Rogues show up

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I

Mia i completely am with you 110% and i said the same exact thing on another Flash thread here and i got yelled at and talked down too.

I'm just glad i'm not the only one who feels that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I have to agree with you there. That felt really uncalled for and out of place.
    He could have handled it a lot more tactfully for sure if he was gonna say such things at all.

To be honest it makes him seem uncaring and possibly jealous that his adopted son is still chasing this thing even after he has done so much for Barry.

Almost forgot to watch the flash pilot today. That would have been tragic.

BANNED

feelings...woooaaoooooo feelings

BANNED

wow, still?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    Mia i completely am with you 110% and i said the same exact thing on another Flash thread here and i got yelled at and talked down too.
    this is ridiculous. some of us gave our viewpoint and disagreed with you (actually, you responded to my post to Mia), so how does that equal yelling and talking down to you?

if anything, we should be having a problem as you keep accusing us of something we didn't do. instead you're once again playing victim to us mean, mean posters

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    wow, still?

this is ridiculous. some of us gave our viewpoint and disagreed with you (actually, you responded to my post to Mia), so how does that equal yelling and talking down to you?

if anything, we should be having a problem as you keep accusing us of something we didn't do. instead you're once again playing victim to us mean, mean posters
    It was basic brow beating "were right and your wrong so shut up and kowtow to what we believe"

BANNED

no it wasn't. not even close.

y'know what? forget it. smdh