Page 788 of 827 FirstFirst ... 288688738778784785786787788789790791792798 ... LastLast
Results 11,806 to 11,820 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As much as I liked this episode, and this mini series in general (probably because most of the seasons could have been done better in 5 or six episodes)
    I tire of this.

No, Kirby101. WE tire of this.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Finally we get some payoff after a few lackluster episodes in this Armageddon event.

Choi's Atom suit, nice.

I thought the same thing as Frontier. Does Barry know Ryan? I'd think perhaps only as Batwoman but not Ryan?

Allegra really had a full grasp on her powers. Maybe they can do something more with that going forward for the rest of the season. Her and Chunk in the future, now make that in the correct timeline a reality.

Interesting that Despero was indeed right about Barry "destroying" the world. However, now that we know for sure Thrawne has been the engineer, is Despero involved with him or that is legitimately an unrelated matter of Despero wanting to show up to save his adopted world??

Do we finally see Joe next episode?

What does this finale look like?? Cause after next week Flash is on hiatus till Feb or March right? Making way for Superman & Lois in January.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Thoughts.

It felt that after setting things up, we were really into the core of the problem this week.

The major premise is that Barry has become Reverse Flash, with the Reverse Flash sliding into Barry's boots.
    We got then a screwed up timeline, a few relationships that seemed either off-kilter or wishing it were like that.
    This felt to me at least that it wasn't really a multiverse, but simply an inversion of the natural flow of time.
    Meant to shock on one level or another, but then on the margins to suggest what might be possible.
    Of course, it couldn't last, with Barry ultimately setting it right.

It was interesting to see Barry (at least for a few minutes) embrace the role of Reverse Flash.
    But despite all of this Iris still wants to believe in Barry. That ultimately proves to be the key to everything being reversed.
    That the Iris-Barry relationship is hardwired or hardcoded that can overcome everything else that can be changed.
    I liked that. It makes it interesting to think about. What other relationships work that way? Lois-Clark, Bruce-Selina (maybe),
    Diana-Steve (maybe). But it gets hard to think of other superhero relationships that are just unmovable.

The final confrontation was framed very well. I'm not fast enough, Barry yells, but you knew somehow that he would find that extra speed.
    The montage of Iris-Barry was done so well, including Iris' whisper that she still believes in Barry. The Power of Love, indeed. Everything
    gets reset. But of course while feeling like it is over, well it is not.

I expect on the last episode we will get a lot more about the timeline. I'm so ready to see Despero kicked to the curb. But that doesn't seem
    to be how these episodes are working. Despero has become like the Watcher or the Guardians of Oa. What fresh hell is this? Just go slithering
    back to your hole, leave us all alone.

I do hope we haven't seen the last of Joe. I also want in the last episode we get a better sense of what reset time actually looks like in reality.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    No, Kirby101. WE tire of this.
    Yeah, I'm tired of it on every CW DC show myself. I think Superman and Lois is the only one that hasn't had some variation of it yet, though it's only a matter of time.

With that said, fine episode and I love the shorter story format.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I will say, compared to past instances, the "Power of Love" felt more justified. Especially compared to last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will say, compared to past instances, the "Power of Love" felt more justified. Especially compared to last season.
    True. I didn't really cringe this time, but I steeled myself just in case.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

person in red a gender swapped Red Death? We can speculate all we want since we will never see it.

The only thing about alternate timelines is when it present us with things I just don't care about. Didn't care for Ryan Choi in Crisis and I don't here when he is a douche or when he comes around to the power of love later. Was cool to see waaaay better Atom suit, but we only have the time and budget for him to make something really heavy...yay for that.

Did not care for Chester/Alegra's post hook up drama either.

Ryan n Sophie married and talking babies...ugh

Barry trying to be Thawne gave me a chuckle.

Dark is so OP. Like he could force choke/neck snap and kill anyone at any time and just doesn't because reasons.

All in all this is Thawne's coup de grace really. And I maintain this should either be the end of Thawne or he is gone until the series finale (which i hope is season 9)

Curious to see how Mia come in the next episode.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

BTW, does anybody actually age ten years from now or is the Fountain of Youth only around in that alternate timeline?

Great episode. Hope everybody who had a Cameo comes back for the finale though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    BTW, does anybody actually age ten years from now or is the Fountain of Youth only around in that alternate timeline?
    Remember how Iris looked during the future scenes in Season 5? Or really anybody from Team Arrow, in the flashforwards of Season 7?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Did not care for Chester/Alegra's post hook up drama either.
    The only point I can see to this is if they develop the relationship in the present-day. Not that that means anyone actually cares about the relationship, but I guess we need to give them something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Remember how Iris looked during the future scenes in Season 5? Or really anybody from Team Arrow, in the flashforwards of Season 7?
    The wigs. The wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Great episode. Hope everybody who had a Cameo comes back for the finale though.

was she rocking the spray in grey hair? I can't remember and lord knows I don't wanna relive past seasons

The only point I can see to this is if they develop the relationship in the present-day. Not that that means anyone actually cares about the relationship, but I guess we need to give them something to do.

The wigs. The wigs.
    To be fair, they rarely are able to put actors into GOOD wigs, for flashbacks or flash forwards. The only ones that I can remember being good were Laurel and Thea in flashback scenes, and Felicity in the flash forward (they also did a pretty good job with the old age makeup.) Otherwise, you get Carol Ann (Sara flashbacks), serial killer (Oliver flashbacks) or a dead animal (Quentin Lance flashbacks).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    To be fair, they rarely are able to put actors into GOOD wigs, for flashbacks or flash forwards. The only ones that I can remember being good were Laurel and Thea in flashback scenes, and Felicity in the flash forward (they also did a pretty good job with the old age makeup.) Otherwise, you get Carol Ann (Sara flashbacks), serial killer (Oliver flashbacks) or a dead animal (Quentin Lance flashbacks).
    Let's not forget Rene and Merlyn's wigs .

Let's not forget Rene and Merlyn's wigs .
    Good lord the Rene wig was a special special kind of terrible

The CW in general seems to be very afraid to cast older actors to portray older versions of characters.