Page 499 of 827 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    I wonder if this is the first episode Barry I've been asking about for nearly three years. Or an alternate created due to Flashpoint.
    It can't be any other Barry than 'our' Barry. Those alternate Barries wouldn't have the first hand knowledge that Savitar displayed of the scenes in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It can't be any other Barry than 'our' Barry. Those alternate Barries wouldn't have the first hand knowledge that Savitar displayed of the scenes in this episode.
    Seems that way. That said, couldn't the speed force(which Barry seemingly imprisoned Barry/Savitar in) potentially provide a window into any version of Barry's life?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Seems that way. That said, couldn't the speed force(which Barry seemingly imprisoned Barry/Savitar in) potentially provide a window into any version of Barry's life?
    Theorethically, but he wouldn't have to be any Barry at all to make use of that. The writers clearly intend this to be the real Barry Allen.

Theorethically, but he wouldn't have to be any Barry at all to make use of that. The writers clearly intend this to be the real Barry Allen.
    That is certainly possible. That said, would there be a version of Barry that would make some markedly different calls?

There's also that, let's say ninety percent, of "Barry"s veer off at a specific point. That doesn't seem like an impossibility.

BANNED

That is certainly possible. That said, would there be a version of Barry that would make some markedly different calls?
    In a world of infinite universes and timelines, there are bound to be serial killer Barries, Barries who never got speed and became a Robin instead, Barries who are from Krypton, Barries who are daytime soap opera stars...

BANNED

Anyway, I loved this.

They dropped enough but not too many hints over the course of the season, and now they paid it off instead of backpaddling and Monarching him.

Also, ice slide. Eat your heart out, X-Men movies.

Did they actually go back to "Infinite"? I thought that they fixed it at "52".

BANNED

Did they actually go back to "Infinite"? I thought that they fixed it at "52".
    Different multiverse altogether. I don't recall the number 52 ever being dropped on these shows in relation to the number of possible universes. Plus, time travel makes it effectively infinite with just the one earth.

Anyway, I loved this.

They dropped enough but not too many hints over the course of the season, and now they paid it off instead of backpaddling and Monarching him.

Also, ice slide. Eat your heart out, X-Men movies.
    It was a tough one.

While I didn't mind it(Shout out to "New52"!), I am a little bit uneasy with what you do with three remaining episodes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Flash Showrunners,

This is not you. You're better than this.

Are they really better than this? I can't agree. At this point in time... I predicted this and hope they can tie it together. However Berlanti/Kreisberg/Guggenheim and company have shown a certain level of writing. That is one of the reasons why Flash may be the last Berlantiverse show that I watch. I probably won't even watch the first episode of Black Lightning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Are they really better than this? I can't agree. At this point in time... I predicted this and hope they can tie it together. However Berlanti/Kreisberg/Guggenheim and company have shown a certain level of writing. That is one of the reasons why Flash may be the last Berlantiverse show that I watch. I probably won't even watch the first episode of Black Lightning.
    You must not have watched any of Legends this season

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    You must not have watched any of Legends this season
    I did... and wasn't impressed.

Well, I guess in the end...it's all still Barry's fault .

But it all fits more or less. "The first Speedster" chosen by the Speed Force, knows everything about the team, was "created" by Barry but also "created" himself, feels Barry stole everything from him, knows what Barry will do and what will hurt him the most...the God of Speed is still the "Fastest Man Alive." Now who's the villain, Flash?

The glowing blue armor aspect of Savitar's live-action design now makes a lot more sense, since they're basically adapting the New 52 Future Flash storyline. Though you just really have to wonder what happened that stuck Barry in this time-loop where his evil future self goes back in time and kills Iris, breaking Barry and setting him on the path of becoming Savitar (and then rinse and repeat)?

Like, how did the time loop start in the first place? What happened to future!Barry's face? What broke the future version of Barry so much that he would go to such great lengths to hurt his past self, right down to killing Iris? What changed him?

It's also interesting to note that apparently future Barry is so fast that he can't run without the armor to contain and control his speed. Where did he get that kind of boost in power? Was it related to the Crisis? Or his efforts to get faster to stop Savitar unknowingly made him fast enough to become Savitar? Did it lead to his face becoming like that?

At least Savitar is only "one-step ahead" instead of "ten," because we wouldn't want the Arrowverse writers ripping each other off...

I wonder if Barry going into the future and inspiring his past self changed the timeline so that version of Barry didn't become Savitar? Or did it still happen? Is there any way for Barry to break the loop, beyond saving Iris?

As tough as it is to see Caitlin as a villain, she looks great in her new Killer Frost costume. She really rocks that minidress + longcoat combo, plus the white hair and thigh-high boots. Sexy, yet elegant, befitting Caitlin as a Supervillain .

And that fight between Killer Frost and Flash was spectacular. That ice slide .

Can they really cure Caitlin of her Meta-gene? At best I could see them suppressing Killer Frost again, but can they permanently remove her powers? At least they still seem to be avoiding her getting identified so Caitlin Snow doesn't get associated with Killer Frost or viewed as a criminal by the police. But if they can't find a way to bring Caitlin back, I'm not sure if they can keep that up.

HR's constant flirting with and support of Tracy was cute, but shouldn't she be half his age? I mean, I don't think they've ever given any of the Harrison Wells' explicit ages, but I always assumed they were middle-aged all around, while Tracy seems to be about Barry's age or a little younger. Granted, HR does have the enthusiasm of a young college student...

So Jitters has a "Zoom" on their "secret menu?" It kind of feels in bad taste in-light of what he's done, but I guess it's possible it was a generic, speed-themed, drink that existed before Zoom came to Earth-1.

I don't know what Cisco was so worried about, since he'd been using his powers non-lethally just fine in the past few episodes. I guess he's still inexperienced enough with his abilities to worry about what he would do under duress, but I don't think it should've been that much of an issue.

Hey, Cecille was the first one Joe told about the Pipeline way back when, she was probably bound to find out about his involvement with Team Flash eventually. But, really, Cecille is really sweet and it's great seeing Joe find love again with everything going on and with how things ended with Francine.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It's also interesting to note that apparently future Barry is so fast that he can't run without the armor to contain and control his speed. Where did he get that kind of boost in power? Was it related to the Crisis? Or his efforts to get faster to stop Savitar unknowingly made him fast enough to become Savitar? Did it lead to his face becoming like that?
    Wait... I missed that. Where was that stated or implied?