Page 722 of 723 FirstFirst ... 222622672712718719720721722723 LastLast
Results 10,816 to 10,830 of 10844

Thread: The FLASH

  1. #10816
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,718

    Default

    So. A Flash vanished in Crisis. But not THE Flash. Cool plotting or cop out?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  2. #10817
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Yep, without a doubt Lex Luthor is the smartest person in the whole universe.
    I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but last night, Lois and Iris sure outsmarted him.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  3. #10818
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    503

    Default

    I'm gonna miss old man Flash.

  4. #10819
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So. A Flash vanished in Crisis. But not THE Flash. Cool plotting or cop out?
    I don't see it as a cop out. Was honestly expecting it like, 80% since Monitor said, "Flash has to die."

  5. #10820
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    I loved that they showed a scene from the classic series. That was a nice touch.

  6. #10821
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I loved that they showed a scene from the classic series. That was a nice touch.
    Agreed, especially because it made me remember how luscious Amanda Pays was in the day.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  7. #10822
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So. A Flash vanished in Crisis. But not THE Flash. Cool plotting or cop out?
    I'm going to go with cool plotting. Not unexpected, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  8. #10823
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm going to go with cool plotting. Not unexpected, either.
    Totally expected. It was handled well but i fully expected Earth 90 to be the Flash that died as soon as Crisis was announced.

  9. #10824
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    746

    Default

    So Barry dodged a bullet but barry had to die for it.

  10. #10825
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So. A Flash vanished in Crisis. But not THE Flash. Cool plotting or cop out?
    I think it was probably the most reasonable option of having a Flash die in Crisis and have an impact on the audience without killing off the main Barry.

  11. #10826
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,022

    Default

    I had totally forgotten about the Birds of Prey series from the early 2000's. Nice little throwback. I wish we had seen a little nod to Swamp Thing either the movie version or the TV show though.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 12-11-2019 at 03:50 PM.

  12. #10827
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm going to go with cool plotting. Not unexpected, either.
    Many of us called it months ago.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  13. #10828
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was probably the most reasonable option of having a Flash die in Crisis and have an impact on the audience without killing off the main Barry.
    Only problem is that this makes the headline and other stuff confusing. Even if you assume that the story in the paper was about the Earth-90 Flash it still doesn't explain where Barry was during XS' childhood. The show implied that Earth-1 was the Flash in the article from Episode 1 and this was why XS grew up never knowing him.

    I'd have rather they used Marv Wolfman's plot device and implied our Barry was able to leave the treadmill for the remainder of his show but was always fated to return to this moment to complete the run leading to his death.

  14. #10829
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Only problem is that this makes the headline and other stuff confusing. Even if you assume that the story in the paper was about the Earth-90 Flash it still doesn't explain where Barry was during XS' childhood. The show implied that Earth-1 was the Flash in the article from Episode 1 and this was why XS grew up never knowing him.

    I'd have rather they used Marv Wolfman's plot device and implied our Barry was able to leave the treadmill for the remainder of his show but was always fated to return to this moment to complete the run leading to his death.
    XS came from an alternate future, where Crisis happened several years after it did here (along with other events).

    With XS altering the timeline so much when people kept dying, it altered numerous events. Possibly even hastening the Crisis.

  15. #10830
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed, especially because it made me remember how luscious Amanda Pays was in the day.
    Agreed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I had totally forgotten about the Birds of Prey series from the early 2000's. Nice little throwback. I wish we had seen a little nod to Swamp Thing either the movie version or the TV show though.
    Guggenheim has said there are still more cameos to come. So dare to dream...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •