Page 728 of 827 FirstFirst ... 228628678718724725726727728729730731732738778 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Whaaaaaat and miss out on the fall out drama from Iris being butthurt that he didn't recognize it wasn't her...? This is the CW we are talking about here.
    And Barry really isn't that bright!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I haven’t watched this season at all (last season was a sort of “final straw”).

Having said that, how does this season compare?

I kinda miss the show, when it was good at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

This season is much better, especially leading up to Crisis, ans post-Crisis has been good so far.

Last season suffered from the CW having season long Big Bads.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ok so I am still in the first season. And Doctor Wells is the Reverse Flash? I knew there was something shady with him. But I didnt expect that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I wonder if they'll use Post-Crisis to give us a more comic-accurate Captain Boomerang that actually debuts on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll use Post-Crisis to give us a more comic-accurate Captain Boomerang that actually debuts on this show.
    Can they use Captain Boomerang on The Flash even though he is going to be in the upcoming The Suicide Squad movie? I know Arrow wasn't allowed to use Deathstroke anymore just because Warner Bros. was going to use
    Deathstroke in a movie and Captain Boomerang will actually be in The Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Can they use Captain Boomerang on The Flash even though he is going to be in the upcoming The Suicide Squad movie? I know Arrow wasn't allowed to use Deathstroke anymore just because Warner Bros. was going to use
    Deathstroke in a movie and Captain Boomerang will actually be in The Suicide Squad.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Jai Courney .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

For the first time ever in this show, the first and second halves are disconnected storylines and can essentially be separate seasons. They set up a really interesting big bad in the first half. I thought it was cool how they were able to do a cohesive and self contained storyline that was on the hinge of the big epic crossover. Arrow utterly failed in this respect, almost every episode was Crisis-lite and provided more set up to that event than actual development of their series or any closure for the characters and saga in a ten episode season, so none of the emotional moments in the end of that season landed for me because they spent way too much time on the cosmic side of things and Oliver’s mysterious role in the Crisis. In the Flash there is only the looming reality of Barry’s coming future, and the newspaper headline saying he disappears. They use the Crisis and the team’s knowledge of the Crisis as a way to naturally enforce the familial aspect of the show; Barry has never felt more powerless and hopeless here and the only thing keeping him going is his love for his family. While Arrow deviated to make Crisis as seamless as possible, Flash stayed true to its tone and characters and used the Crisis as a threading storyline in the background

So, I watched the Valentine's Day episode and I have to ask: HOW DID THIS SHOW GET SO BAD?
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    For the first time ever in this show, the first and second halves are disconnected storylines and can essentially be separate seasons. They set up a really interesting big bad in the first half. I thought it was cool how they were able to do a cohesive and self contained storyline that was on the hinge of the big epic crossover. Arrow utterly failed in this respect, almost every episode was Crisis-lite and provided more set up to that event than actual development of their series or any closure for the characters and saga in a ten episode season, so none of the emotional moments in the end of that season landed for me because they spent way too much time on the cosmic side of things and Oliver’s mysterious role in the Crisis. In the Flash there is only the looming reality of Barry’s coming future, and the newspaper headline saying he disappears. They use the Crisis and the team’s knowledge of the Crisis as a way to naturally enforce the familial aspect of the show; Barry has never felt more powerless and hopeless here and the only thing keeping him going is his love for his family. While Arrow deviated to make Crisis as seamless as possible, Flash stayed true to its tone and characters and used the Crisis as a threading storyline in the background
    But that was the whole point of Arrow this season- both setting up the Crisis, while also setting up the spin-off. And it had to be- while Flash also tied into Crisis because of Barry's looming death, Supergirl only marginally tied in with Malefak, and even that only tied in at the end when the Monitor approached J'onn. Batwoman was all about setting up it's new show and new and didn't tie into the Crisis at all. Legends wasn't even on the air, and Black Lightning was in it's own world up until right before the Crisis. And I remember reading somewhere that the producers considered Season 7 to be the final 'season' of Arrow that pretty much wrapped up the characters. So it was up to Arrow to largely set up the Crisis in it's first 7 episodes; with the 8th episode being part of the crossover, the 9th being the backdoor pilot for the spin-off, and the 10th putting the button on all of the characters. And meanwhile, even while doing all of that, each episode was a love letter to past seasons of the show, bringing back dead or forgotten characters (sorry, Evelyn!) and basically being a highlight real for the greatest hits.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But that was the whole point of Arrow this season- both setting up the Crisis, while also setting up the spin-off. And it had to be- while Flash also tied into Crisis because of Barry's looming death, Supergirl only marginally tied in with Malefak, and even that only tied in at the end when the Monitor approached J'onn. Batwoman was all about setting up it's new show and new and didn't tie into the Crisis at all. Legends wasn't even on the air, and Black Lightning was in it's own world up until right before the Crisis. And I remember reading somewhere that the producers considered Season 7 to be the final 'season' of Arrow that pretty much wrapped up the characters. So it was up to Arrow to largely set up the Crisis in it's first 7 episodes; with the 8th episode being part of the crossover, the 9th being the backdoor pilot for the spin-off, and the 10th putting the button on all of the characters. And meanwhile, even while doing all of that, each episode was a love letter to past seasons of the show, bringing back dead or forgotten characters (sorry, Evelyn!) and basically being a highlight real for the greatest hits.
    Kind of off-topic, but the Ninth Circle were kind of bad for "final season" villains, although I guess Emiko fulfilled some of the requirements.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Didn’t work for me. Not all of the characters got their proper send off in my opinion. Thea for example was only there to serve Roy’s storyline and we didn’t get to see her reaction and her process in dealing with Oliver’s death. That’s only one example— my point was I thought Flash handled it much better, Arrow rode the Crisis like a raging bull and Flash used it as a nice warm blanket that framed their separate storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Didn’t work for me. Not all of the characters got their proper send off in my opinion. Thea for example was only there to serve Roy’s storyline and we didn’t get to see her reaction and her process in dealing with Oliver’s death. That’s only one example— my point was I thought Flash handled it much better, Arrow rode the Crisis like a raging bull and Flash used it as a nice warm blanket that framed their separate storyline.
    They already did Thea's "sendoff" with the League of Assassins episode. Bringing her relationship with Roy to a proper conclusion was just the cherry on top by that point.

Considering Arrow had to balance handling the bulk of setting up Crisis for the crossover while also bringing the entire series to a close...I think they brought things together as cohesively as they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Didn't Captain Boomerang appear in Arrow (although they dropped the Captain, I think)?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Didn't Captain Boomerang appear in Arrow (although they dropped the Captain, I think)?
    Yes, but I believe Frontier was saying that Crisis gives the shows an opportunity to reboot a lot of characters who didn't really get a good showing first time around.

random thoughts:
    -- I was disappointed that Amunet had the gauntlet on the whole time this ep. I actually liked how she used to carry around her metal shards in a big bucket/bag - there's just something unique and goofy about it that appeals to me.
    -- I had totally forgotten that Iris was taken by the mirror ... I'm hoping that "Mirror Iris" actually has some of Iris in her, because it would be a shame if the character stuff that was the point of the episode was made irrelevant by her being a fake.
    -- So, what was the deal with all the random Godspeeds running around? Was that a Crisis, parallel dimensions incursions thing?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-17-2020 at 08:18 PM.