Page 806 of 827 FirstFirst ... 306706756796802803804805806807808809810816 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,090 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Cavanagh-Thawne. Ugh.

So the goodbye ep he did a while back was to him ever playing a Wells again, he's basically otherwise gonna be with the show till the show ends? Great! for fans, great -_- for me I guess.

Meena's gonna be in both parts of the two part finale, but Letscher-Thawne is only in part 1. Bad feeling about this. But someone unexpected (well, depending on the viewer's perspective) is gonna be in part 2 to make up for it I guess. Cautiously optimistic cause this person, is someone I like seeing even more than Letscher.
    I wonder if the Thawne's could somehow fuse or something. It feels weird that Thawne still wears Wells' face because it's not like it has any effect on Barry any more, so unless he's stuck like that...

Yeah, honestly, Prime-Thawne still wearing Well's face makes no sense whatsoever. It's just for Cavanagh to keep his job, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I kind of assumed that he would replace Supergirl as Metropolis' protector as Green Lantern. But I guess sadly not.
    Supergirl protected National City, not Metropolis. Though with Clark back in Smallville the city does need a new protector.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

*rubs temples in frustration* so like...is this how folks felt about Malcolm Merlyn on Arrow? Tobias Whale on Black Lightning?

His resurrection was some pure Hellraiser stuff though, I'll give it that.

Mighty Member

A good title for this episode could've been Reverse-Flash Rebirth.

So if Joe had never guilted Barry into finding a way to save Eobard's life and Barry had just let him die, the Negative Forces wouldn't have lost their mother, Iris wouldn't have gotten sick, and both Iris and reformed Eobard would still be alive. At this point, JOE is the worst character on the show, and I'm glad he won't be around much anymore.

Sucks we lose the Eobard that we want (and in the classic, GOOD looking suit), only to get Cavanagh again. And yes, this is EXACTLY how we felt about Malcolm Merlyn. The difference here being that they finally DID kill him off in Season 5, and he only ever appeared in the show as alternate versions of Malcolm from other realities. With Thawne, they KEEP killing him off in definitive ways, only to bring him back again and again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Sucks we lose the Eobard that we want (and in the classic, GOOD looking suit), only to get Cavanagh again. And yes, this is EXACTLY how we felt about Malcolm Merlyn. The difference here being that they finally DID kill him off in Season 5, and he only ever appeared in the show as alternate versions of Malcolm from other realities. With Thawne, they KEEP killing him off in definitive ways, only to bring him back again and again.
    Everyone doesn't want the Letscher-Thawne. When it come to evil and sinister, Cavanagh-Thawne just works. The classic suit is a better look though.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Everyone doesn't want the Letscher-Thawne. When it come to evil and sinister, Cavanagh-Thawne just works. The classic suit is a better look though.
    Cavanagh-Thawne makes no damn sense. That was Thawne posing as Harrison Wells. Well, the gig is well and truly up.

That and the fact that Cavanagh doesn't even feel like he's trying anymore. All he does is talk in a gravelly whisper and glare.

I see the future has really leaned hard into VR.

All the episodes of not worrying about Iris because she was alive and well in the future (and has aged phenomenally) only for her to vanish and present-day Iris to appear in her stead. This is what you get for ignoring problems, guys.

I will never get enough of Joan Garrick's crazy hair.

Meena is finally wearing her comic-accurate costume, which she fills out very nicely, although when The Flash tells you to slow down...you better slow down.

I guess it was only a matter of time before Barry unmasked to Meena, but it was a nice scene between the two of them. And Meena gets her own codename (that she doesn't have in the comics, I believe) called Fasttrack. Naming yourself after your own lab, huh?

Was not expecting Thawne to get unceremoniously turned into a skeleton courtesy of the Negative Still Force, but there you go.

The villains are...The Forces again? Seriously? Only now it's the Negative Forces. Well, better villains than "family" I guess, and at least they're not bothering with CG Fuerza any more. We don't really need to see Negative Nora that Barry supposedly killed because that would probably just be a redux of Speed Force Nora last season.

So Mark and Caitlin are going full on mad scientist to bring Frost back is totally going to blow up in their faces, right? Like there's no way I see this actually bringing Frost back in the way they're expecting it too, especially when they're already talking about giving her a body.

Does anyone care about this Cecile plot? And letting The Top, a dangerous and known criminal, into their house like she's a neighbor and not someone who has tried to kill their family in the past? Is Cecile gaining Despero's psychic power somehow? Is she going to just continue to wear black leather while hanging around Team Flash? Do we really need this?

I know they were desperate, but any plan that involves giving Eobard Thawne, any Eobard Thawne, speed is doomed to fail.

So the team to hold off the Forces is Allegra, Cecile, and...Chester. Yeah, no wonder they thought they were the B-Team, but at least they made no allusions they actually stood a chance in the long run.

I'm not sure what I expected from Flash and two rookie Speedsters versus The Forces, but Barry basically carried that fight.

So the Forces' big plan was to have Barry pull a Savitar and kill Iris, and then somehow inject Flashpoint!Thawne with the residual energy from his lightning throw mixed in with the Still Force to give Prime!Thawne his speed back?

Letscher-Thawne ripping off his face and costume to reveal Cavanagh-Thawne in his Armageddon suit has got to be one of the most pure comic book @#$% I have ever seen and I love it. Shame about Matt Letscher though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    To be honest the new suit is more comic-accurate and "classic" compared to the old Reverse-Flash suit even if it doesn't quite fight Cavanagh's physique.

And Thawne continually coming back from death is basically his whole sthick in the comics other than hating Barry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Yeah, some of us would actually be happy with NO Thawne (though the heroic guy was a nice, if brief, addition). I'm sick of Cavanagh-Thawne as the Big Bad. If they'd have left him depowered until they pulled this type of resurrection in the series finale (be that next year or further down the line) I'd pry feel different. But I'm "Reverse-Flash"-ed out at this point.

I really cannot think of any other explanation at this point than the showrunners really hating Matt Letscher. I completely agree with Cavanagh-Thawne now being on Malcolm Merlyn levels of annoying.

Cecile becoming this uber-powerful Telepath also didn't seem to do much against these Negative Forces.....which are pretty lame, tbh, just a recycling from last year. Though at least Fuerza doesn't transform.

Not sure where they are going with the Caitlin stuff too, it literally had only 1 scene.

Also, yeah, good job on getting your daughter killed there Joe.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 06-23-2022 at 02:09 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Yeah, some of us would actually be happy with NO Thawne (though the heroic guy was a nice, if brief, addition). I'm sick of Cavanagh-Thawne as the Big Bad. If they'd have left him depowered until they pulled this type of resurrection in the series finale (be that next year or further down the line) I'd pry feel different. But I'm "Reverse-Flash"-ed out at this point.
    Yeah, no Thawne would be better...lol.

Possible this "Negative" story was written to be a potential series finale, since it wasn't known the show would get another season. One way or another, the final storyline for Flash will involve Thawne.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest the new suit is more comic-accurate and "classic" compared to the old Reverse-Flash suit even if it doesn't quite fight Cavanagh's physique.

And Thawne continually coming back from death is basically his whole sthick in the comics other than hating Barry.
    I would take a suit that looks better in live action over a comic-accurate suit that doesn't any day.

I get that Thawne coming back from the dead again and again is straight from the comics, and I have no real problem with that. My problem is the actor they keep using because either the producers are in love with him, Matt's schedule is too full for him to come back more often, or both.

And personally, I think the better story would be to have Matt's reformed Thawne back for a long period of time- like a full season- watch as he proves himself to Barry, maybe even gains speed... and all the while wondering if he can stay a good person, or if he'll fall back into his old habits again and turn evil. That interests me more than trying to cram all of that into two episodes, only for Cavanaugh to bust out of Letscher Freddy Kruger style and growl in a whisper 'I'm back!'

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Facts. Long since said he should have been gone after last season, gone this whole season and only back for the 2 part series finale. Talk about fatigue.....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Supergirl protected National City, not Metropolis. Though with Clark back in Smallville the city does need a new protector.
    Yeah, National City. Like I never expected him to headline a show as Green Lantern just because the CGI would be to expensive, but for like if they start doing yearly crossovers again he'd make an appearance or such.

Guess not...

On the newest episode, I enjoyed most of it, but the whole last minute Iris pull to kill her off by Barry lightning felt so cliche and forced.
    Seeing Thawne tear off his face to reveal evil Thawne was kinda cool and shocking though.