Page 761 of 827 FirstFirst ... 261661711751757758759760761762763764765771811 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 12392

Admittedly, I'm all about the 90's nostalgia, but they could've done a bit more with the references. Maybe it's the music I was expecting? Love the clothes and the attempts Cisco and Chester made to blend in. It ended up being a good outing for Chester, but unfortunately, they didn't solve the problem, they just delayed it.

Looks like Iris finally has a mother in law. No more living vicariously through her girlfriends!

The costume transformations were a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    Was interested in checking out the show again (loved the first season, liked seasons 2 and 3 for the most part), and was wondering what people think of the show's recent quality. Are it's best days behind it, or is it still worth checking out?

Also curious - what would your season rankings be?
    It's tough to tell without rewatches and seeing the show's trajectory, but I think seasons 1 and 2 were the strongest and by 3 and 4 the Big Bads stopped having as much an impact. I feel like the current cast with Chester and Allegra does inject new life into the show, but I wish they were able to have Wally and Ralph stick around. It's hard to rank seasons for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't believe we saw Frost in fishnet stockings before we ever saw any of the Black Canary's in them.
    To be fair, very early on in Arrow, they did establish that Laurel wore fishnets once at a Halloween party.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Admittedly, I'm all about the 90's nostalgia, but they could've done a bit more with the references. Maybe it's the music I was expecting? Love the clothes and the attempts Cisco and Chester made to blend in. It ended up being a good outing for Chester, but unfortunately, they didn't solve the problem, they just delayed it.
    It's weird for me to have them do a 90's episode and not have John Wesley Shipp show up. Y'know, the 90's Flash?
    To be fair, very early on in Arrow, they did establish that Laurel wore fishnets once at a Halloween party.
    Never on-screen though .

It's weird for me to have them do a 90's episode and not have John Wesley Shipp show up. Y'know, the 90's Flash?

Never on-screen though .
    I bet if Covid hadn't happend, he probably would have. As it is, he's filming Stargirl, so maybe they don't want to risk cross-contamination between the shows.

Nice focus on Chester, but the Speedforce acting like a person just didn't feel right for a cosmic force.

Mighty Member

Poor Killer Frost.

I feel like the people in his life took way longer than they should have to realize how unnerved Barry is by Speed Force Nora and the fact that they refer to it by his mother's name. Like, how is that not freaky and kind of creepy? You could see him visibly cringe when Iris called her Nora in front of him. And now we just accept it because her taking on the form of his dead mother is the "new normal?" And now he's calling her Nora? It's just a really weird storyline they're doing with the Speed Force here.

Okay, when they point out and flash back to all the crimes Killer Frost has committed and how CCPD was willing to overlook it while the state won't, this plotline suddenly makes sense. Frost's problem was with the government the whole time. And it is kind of funny that someone who used to call themselves Killer Frost never actually killed anybody. Heck, technically some of those crimes were committed when she was still ostensibly Caitlin, although Caitlin still gets arrested.

I see Chester is there to basically fulfill Cisco's role whenever he can't be in an episode.

Why is Kramer so gung-ho about this? Is it a misplaced sense of justice? Does she have a thing against Metas? She seems to genuinely respect Joe and Barry, but what's driving her to target Frost so fervently?

I see them mention Leonard and I still miss Captain Cold. Especially in an episode where they use discount Captain Cold.

There's tension between Barry and Kristen Kramer, it's just a completely different kind of tension compared to the comics.

This is probably the most in-depth forensic work we've seen from Barry in years and he still needs the Speed Force and Chester to help him along.

It's kind of funny that they make a point of showing off how hot a guy Chillblaine is. Also, Frost's luck with men is as bad as Caitlin's. Actually, does she have any relationship experience that isn't Caitlin's?

I thought the whole split storyline was for Caitlin to avoid getting arrested, but so much for that idea. It was kind of funny to see them use Meta-Cuffs on her when she doesn't even have powers anymore, although biologically would she still read as a Meta since she technically was one? Did the split from Frost effectively "cure" her?

I do like how the Speed Force doesn't just run like a normal Speedster, but practically teleports. Kind of like how Savitar was when he was stuck in the Speed Force. I guess she's the "real" God of Speed.

So if the Speedsters are Power Rangers, Barry's the Red Ranger, Wally's the Yellow Ranger, Jesse's the Pink Ranger (as the first girl), Nora's White or Blue, and Jay's...I dunno, silver or blue? The 2nd Red? Thawne, Savitar, and Zoom are the Psycho Rangers.

Chillblaine being kind of stalker-y towards Caitlin/Frost reminds me how Golden Glider acted towards him (or all the Chillblaine's she fooled around with) in the comics. Ironically his backstory involves skating which was also Glider's thing. And instead of a cold gun he has cold gauntlets like Mr. Freeze from The Batman cartoon.

Y'know, usually in this kind of media someone who has committed numerous crimes and turned hero get absolved of having to take responsibility and own up to their crimes, so it was kind of interesting to see Frost give herself up and face justice for what she's done in the past rather than use her hero work as a "get out of jail free" card. I mean, I don't want to see her in prison, but from a moral standpoint I can see where she's coming from. Although Barry probably could have sped her out of there without anyone knowing.

Can Allegra get a costume? I don't feel like her wearing Nash's jacket, while poignant from a character perspective, is enough.

What happens if you "cure" Frost when so much of her biology is made up of her Meta-Gene?

So Killer Frost is going on trial in 3 weeks. Wonder what will come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So Killer Frost is going on trial in 3 weeks. Wonder what will come of it.
    Cecile finally redeeming her poor attempt to defend Barry?

Fat chance of that though .

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I bet if Covid hadn't happend, he probably would have. As it is, he's filming Stargirl, so maybe they don't want to risk cross-contamination between the shows.
    So apparently John Wesley Shipp, along with Jessica Parker Kennedy, are in Vancouver, in quarantine right now to film the 150th episode of The Flash.

Okay, when they point out and flash back to all the crimes Killer Frost has committed and how CCPD was willing to overlook it while the state won't, this plotline suddenly makes sense. Frost's problem was with the government the whole time. And it is kind of funny that someone who used to call themselves Killer Frost never actually killed anybody. Heck, technically some of those crimes were committed when she was still ostensibly Caitlin, although Caitlin still gets arrested.

Why is Kramer so gung-ho about this? Is it a misplaced sense of justice? Does she have a thing against Metas? She seems to genuinely respect Joe and Barry, but what's driving her to target Frost so fervently?

What happens if you "cure" Frost when so much of her biology is made up of her Meta-Gene?
    It makes sense, except for the fact that Frost has been actively working with the Flash for a few years at this point, and at any time the Government could have stepped in and ordered her arrest. But they didn't, so why now?

My bet is she's involved with Chillblane.

Here's my problem- wasn't one of Cisco's big things when he created the Meta Cure that it not be used against Meta's against their will? Or that it be used to harm Metas in any way? It seems to me that by 'curing' Frost, you're killing her. So why would he provide the state with the cure in the first place? My bet is he destroys the cure and all of his research to prevent that from happening, or maybe (god I hope) finds a way to undo the cure, uses it on himself, and then lies and tells the state that the cure doesn't work and it would be pointless. Kind of like him taking the cure was.

So apparently John Wesley Shipp, along with Jessica Parker Kennedy, are in Vancouver, in quarantine right now to film the 150th episode of The Flash.
    That's good to hear. I hope they go big for it.
    It makes sense, except for the fact that Frost has been actively working with the Flash for a few years at this point, and at any time the Government could have stepped in and ordered her arrest. But they didn't, so why now?
    Well, they said why the CCPD didn't. I guess it just fell into the governments lap and they realized it was something that still needed to be addressed.

Or maybe Kramer pushed for it.
    My bet is she's involved with Chillblane.
    I wonder if we'll see him again.
    Here's my problem- wasn't one of Cisco's big things when he created the Meta Cure that it not be used against Meta's against their will? Or that it be used to harm Metas in any way? It seems to me that by 'curing' Frost, you're killing her. So why would he provide the state with the cure in the first place? My bet is he destroys the cure and all of his research to prevent that from happening, or maybe (god I hope) finds a way to undo the cure, uses it on himself, and then lies and tells the state that the cure doesn't work and it would be pointless. Kind of like him taking the cure was.
    If they're going to mandate Frost get cured than they may as well just sentence every Meta-Criminal to get cured.

I always love it when we see Barry working forensics and his lab makes an appearance. Chester fit right in! But the Speed Force was...creepy.

I thought Chillblaine would end up as a love interest/partner for Frost, but apparently, they ended up at odds with each other.

I see them mention Leonard and I still miss Captain Cold. Especially in an episode where they use discount Captain Cold.
    Yes! Snart must be respected!

So if the Speedsters are Power Rangers, Barry's the Red Ranger, Wally's the Yellow Ranger, Jesse's the Pink Ranger (as the first girl), Nora's White or Blue, and Jay's...I dunno, silver or blue? The 2nd Red? Thawne, Savitar, and Zoom are the Psycho Rangers.
    Wouldn't Nora be Yellow and Wally be either Black or Blue? I dunno, I'm just going by MMPR, I know they change them by season.

150 already? Seems like episode 100 was just yesterday!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Comes years overdue, but FINALLY Cisco is leaving....cisco out.jpg
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Comes years overdue, but FINALLY Cisco is leaving....cisco out.jpg
    Why is it overdue? I like Cisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why is it overdue? I like Cisco.
    Wasn't he supposed to leave around the same time they introduced Chester?