Page 730 of 827 FirstFirst ... 230630680720726727728729730731732733734740780 ... LastLast
Results 10,936 to 10,950 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    1322 times and she never discovered she had those powers or had the thought to try liquid nitrogen?
    Even when it happened in the first Mirror Master episode, as I recall, it was just a last minute attempt by Frost to free Barry so she might never have had an idea that something like liquid nitrogen could effect the Mirror Dimension.
    Liked that the episode focused heavily on Iris and Ralph over everyone else; we saw Cecile and Nash in brief moments , Joe and Barry had a little sub plot, Frost and Cisco don’t appear at all. Ralph has a big heart but I wish he wasn’t so ditzy. I like that Iris can be an inherent leader and look to alleviate hectic situations but she comes off bitter sometimes, and I can’t tell if that’s how they write her or if that’s how she’s being portrayed. It gets annoying when it feels like Barry always has something to learn, but also Iris constantly feeling she has something to teach people which can make integral relationships seem one-sided in my eyes. I’m intrigued to see where they’re going with this mirror dimension despite how undefined it is. The episode was entertaining despite the dialogue, which is usually the case. Could not care less about this Sue sub plot.
    I don't think Ralph would be Ralph if he wasn't a little ditzy.

I'm not seeing where Iris comes off as bitter? Unless it's Mirror!Iris.

I am not very thrilled about Sue becoming this show's version of Catwoman. I think this constant back and forth between Hero and Anti-Villain with a Heart of Gold is a totally overplayed cliche.

But still a decent enough episode. And next episode will have Grodd, which is always an instant win.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I am not very thrilled about Sue becoming this show's version of Catwoman. I think this constant back and forth between Hero and Anti-Villain with a Heart of Gold is a totally overplayed cliche.

But still a decent enough episode. And next episode will have Grodd, which is always an instant win.
    To be honest I don't think the Catwoman shtick is going to stick as we find out more about her and she becomes Ralph's endgame. I'm not sure if they could keep it going for future seasons.

Maybe she'll keep the catsuit though .

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Iris and Eva are trapped on Ventarra it seems eh?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even when it happened in the first Mirror Master episode, as I recall, it was just a last minute attempt by Frost to free Barry so she might never have had an idea that something like liquid nitrogen could effect the Mirror Dimension.

I don't think Ralph would be Ralph if he wasn't a little ditzy.

I'm not seeing where Iris comes off as bitter? Unless it's Mirror!Iris.
    Okay that's great

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Iris and Eva are trapped on Ventarra it seems eh?
    ...Is this a Kamen Rider Dragon Knight reference?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

...Is this a Kamen Rider Dragon Knight reference?
    That it is

To be honest I don't think the Catwoman shtick is going to stick as we find out more about her and she becomes Ralph's endgame. I'm not sure if they could keep it going for future seasons.

Maybe she'll keep the catsuit though .
    I agree. Sue's story isn't over so I doubt "Catwoman Lite" will be her status quo. (especially now that we know Batman et al actually exist in the Arrowverse) Sue seems to be a jack-of-all-trades "Pretender" type of character. She'll likely display a different skillset based on another genre the next time we see her and perhaps she'll end up at "private eye" by the time she settles into a real life.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-20-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Mighty Member

I agree she just made me want to see her do a perp walk in handcuffs and leg irons. She really annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I agree she just made me want to see her do a perp walk in handcuffs and leg irons. She really annoyed me.
    Likewise. I was also thinking how much I really miss Izzy (The Fiddler). Her and Ralph's chemistry was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Likewise. I was also thinking how much I really miss Izzy (The Fiddler). Her and Ralph's chemistry was great.
    And what about Lisa Snart (Golden Glider) and Cisco?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ohhh yeah, I agree.

All the Bus Metas were pretty much wasted, but Izzy was definitely the most tragic case. She would've made an excellent addition to the Team, honestly.

Ohhh yeah, I agree.

All the Bus Metas were pretty much wasted, but Izzy was definitely the most tragic case. She would've made an excellent addition to the Team, honestly.
    I remember at the time saying just make her Sue, like its her middle name or something.

Okay, they did a great job with casting Sue. She's fun, she's cute, and she and Ralph have great chemistry. I knew there had to be some twist with her, but I didn't see her being a full on crook coming. And neither did Cecile, for some reason? I wonder if Cecile did read her true intentions but wanted Ralph to stick close to her because she knew Ralph would be able to help her out of whatever trouble she is in and that Sue isn't really all that bad.

Maybe swap out the gold for a pyrite* alloy combo? A 60/40 mix so it still appears gold and still conducts well (radio signals, etc.).

*= also known as fool's gold
    That would only pave way for the next season's Big Bad, Pyriteface.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Ralph cannot handle a single thug what bs is this?
    I wasn't a fan of that, but I guess you can say Ralph needs to give his body a conscious command to go into stretchy mode or else he's just as vulnerable to a sneak attach as any normal person.

I'm wondering how Eva ends up becoming a villain, otherwise I don't see the point of basing her on Evan McCulloch. She seems like an innocent philanthropic scientist caught up in an accident courtesy of the Particle Accelerator explosion, but could there be more to it? I imagine it will connect back to Black Hole, or maybe the Mirror Dimensions has messed with her mind more then Iris has seen. If Iris was replaced by a mirror doppelganger, then what about Eva? And where does Carver fit in?
    She did seem a little off balanced...years in solitude will do that to someone. Between Eva, Dr. Light, and Ultraviolet, I get the feeling the finale is going to involve some kind of light-based battle with different forces. Naturally, the Flash is going to be the only one fast enough to stop it.

Cecile suggested Ralph find himself a Watson, when in reality he found himself an Irene Adler (Sherloque taught Ralph well). I thought something was up with Sue, but I wasn't expecting them to turn her into a criminal who would betray Ralph. I guess their relationship can't be as simple as Ralph meets her, solves a case, and they immediately get hitched like it was in the comics. Although I wonder how long they might carry this will they/won't they Batman/Catwoman dynamic (will Batwoman ever get her own Catwoman?).
    Batwoman still has a few romantic plot points to get through first. Sophie needs to discover her identity, then Tyler has to die, then Kate and Sophie have to get together, then they have to break up, and then Kate can meet a Catwoman-like character to have as her rebound.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wow, they really did a great job casting Sue. Natalie Dreyfus was fantastic. I'm sure she won't stay a thief for long but even based on her one appearance, I can easily watch a show with her and Ralph solving mysteries.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.