Page 260 of 827 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360760 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    Time travel solves all problems. Ugh.
    Except, it didn't solve anything. In fact, it's the root of all their problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'm confused as to why Eddie Thawne shooting himself, thus negating the existence of the Reverse Flash/Eobard Thawne, didn't completely rewrite the timeline in a similar way as Barry saving his mom. Without RF, the mom would be alive also.
    The appearance of the singularity is most likely a consequence of the timeline being rewritten, a sort of universal course correction meant to deal with a no longer "relevant" divergent timeline. It remains to be seen what changes actually take place before Barry (presumably) stops the vortex.

This kind of stuff is exactly why I groan every time the producers give an interview where they talk excitedly about time travel and the "multiverse."

BANNED

RIP Eddie Thawne

Flashpoint here we come. Is arrow gonna be tied into this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Yup, she was there. Also the Flash museum and Barry in handcuffs

So is barry arrested in this timeline?

I'm confused as to why Eddie Thawne shooting himself, thus negating the existence of the Reverse Flash/Eobard Thawne, didn't completely rewrite the timeline in a similar way as Barry saving his mom. Without RF, the mom would be alive also.
    But, what if RF did exist..up until that point of time, he did. In that case, his death won't affect the past versions of him (consider his life in a straight line..doesn't matter where he is living...). The one that died now is the most ''recent' version..so it doesn't have to affect any of the past events.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Is anyone bothered by the fact that pied piper never reappeared before Reverse Flash's demise? He tried it kill him then let him live to his wheelchair. It's obvious finding out he's the reverse flash interested piper. So what will be his story in season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Astronaut View Post
    Episode 23 "Fast Enough" Without a metahuman of the week to stop they spent way too much time in this episode just talking. I did like the foreshadowing to Cisco becoming Vibe. Barry unmasking in front of Nora was actually pretty touching and I was surprised by his choice not to save her. Great seeing Jay Garrick's helmet show up and I wonder if he'll be from the past or from Earth 2. Was not expecting Eddie to shoot himself to stop Reverse Flash. I will miss Tom Cavanagh as his performances this season have been fantastic. I thought the CGI at the end looked great. Awesome cliff hanger and I'm really looking forward to season 2!
    I was sooo expecting Ronnie to die tonight, and the one character that I was SURE was safe- Eddie- kills himself to stop Eobard. I'm kind of angry with myself that I didn't see it coming. As for Wells- I guess, since Thawne didn't exist to kill him and take his place, he can come back for Season 2 as the actual Harrison Wells. Of course, if Eobard didn't exist thatn the accelerator is still 2-4 years in the future... and Nora would still be alive... and Barry would grow up normally... and he probably would never had MET Wells, Cisco and Caitlin... and oh my god,m I've gone cross-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Yeah, not a fan of the hair.
    But I AM loving she got Sara's old corset!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Someone needs to do a more evil sounding cover of that for her.
    Taylor Momsen should do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Without RF, there is no anything. No hero to come back fom the future to fight RF, no nothin'.
    That's not necessarily true. Barry becoming the Flash originally had nothing to do with Thawne. He became the Flash before Thawne came back and killed his mom. If he hadn't, then Thawne wouldn't have had any reason to come back in the first place. Thawne didn't "create" the Flash so much as altered the circumstances of the Flash's creation. Basically, this entire season has been an alternate timeline, diverged from Thawne's original one. So Thawne having never existed could simply reset the timeline back to its original state and restore the Flash's "original" origin (whatever that was).

give me season 2 NOW!!

Not so sure. If RF is never born, I'm not so sure I can but "alters" vs. "this stops existing".

It will be interesting to see.

The can do whatever they want. You see most people think of time linearly, as in cause and effect. But you see it's more full of wobbly, timey-wimey things...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    But, what if RF did exist..up until that point of time, he did. In that case, his death won't affect the past versions of him (consider his life in a straight line..doesn't matter where he is living...). The one that died now is the most ''recent' version..so it doesn't have to affect any of the past events.
    That works.

Got a little theory. Without Eobard the time line would have been thrown into chaos since he's the catalyst for almost every event on the show. Eddie being sucked into the singularity is the universe righting itself. Eddie will now become Zoom and possibly cause all sorts of problems for Barry throughout time.
    I remember a Booster Gold story where he went back in time in an attempt to fix some tragic events, like Joker shooting Barbara Gordon. No matter what he did the universe would correct itself. At the end Rip Hunter told him that some events just can't be changed.
    Eddie could fill the void left by Eobard and cause events that create the reality that they have now.

Professor Zoom killing Nora Allen is a relatively new addition to the Flash mythos. Barry becoming the Flash isn't reliant on Thawne existing.

LOVED the reveal that Cisco has been a meta this whole time!
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-19-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Huh. He did say "There is no such thing as a coincidence." or something along that line, right?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

WOW!

This whole season was pretty much perfect from start to finish!

Damn, it's going to be hard to wait for Season 2!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--