Page 814 of 827 FirstFirst ... 314714764804810811812813814815816817818824 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Nora had a Groundhog Day episode bro
    Season 5 kind of blurs together for me .

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Season 5 kind of blurs together for me .
    Yeah that tends to happen across a few of the Arrowverse shows over the years.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Mighty Member

So far I'm enjoying how Red-Death is recruiting new Flash Rogues and giving them upgrades.

"That's not Caitlin." Really? The blue highlights were that dead a giveaway?

Was anyone asking for a third Caitlin personality? Especially one that's functionally barely different from Caitlin. I guess crank up the innocence and childishness up a little, but what's the appeal of that? And apparently we're just going to write off Caitlin for dead 100%? And accept that? All for...this? Do the writers have absolutely no idea what to do with Caitlin? They're doing her such a massive disservice.

Joe seems numb to main characters dying at this point, but not numb at the prospect of his wife getting hurt because she feels like she has to become a crime-fighter...for some reason. Cecile talks about the "greater good" but she barely does anything. Nobody is asking you to become a Superhero, Cecile.

Does anyone care for Chester and Allegra being awkward adults in relationships? I kind of doubt it. They're going to carry this on the whole season, aren't they?

Hartley is running a nightclub? That just reminds me of when that used to be Oliver Queens' dayjob back in the day.

Pied Piper vs The Fiddler. Battle of the sonic-based Supervillains.

The Fiddler is still a woman, just more villainous and without the thick Texas accent. Or Ralph. Honestly I was confused how she was teleporting or vibrating herself but it seems like she was just vibrating herself out of phase like she did with Hartley's people.

Red Death feels like if Reverse-Flash and Zoom had a baby.

I get Barry feels responsible and he was probably a little too excessive with Caitlin, but are we just going to forget how Caitlin was trying to play God? Or is that meant to justify basically writing her off for for dead?

They were really planning to bring Frost back if they could? Really? After all that focus on their grief over losing her, accepting her death, and moving on? They would've undone all of that if they could? And then they just naturally accept Caitlin's death like it's a typical Wednesday. And then they were debating bringing back the already dead woman with someone who was alive before a lab accident? Seriously?

Okay, let's be honest, Caitlin was not planning to go in there and create a completely separate personality. Her plan was to bring Frost back and separate their bodies again. Stop treating it like this is what Caitlin wanted. Maybe she brought it onto herself, but this is one of your closest friends and you're treating it like this was something she chose to happen? Come off it Team Flash.

I had a feeling they were going to let the new personality just be her own person, but like...who cares? We have no reason to care about this person over Caitlin, a character we've known for years. Even Frost has more reason to be around than this version of Caitlin does. And it's like none of them care about Caitlin any more.

Man, they're really using the Canary Cry VFX a lot here. And it's being treated as a given that these individuals can do it. When could Pied Piper do sonic attacks like that? Everyone just treated it like it was normal.

I'm glad Barry was able to figure out the solution to the problem thanks to his mad phasing and vibration skills.

Andrea has a very unflattering mugshot.

Gotta be honest, I don't really blame Mark there. I mean, it's one thing to not accept the new Caitlin personality or that Frost isn't coming back, but the way Hartley just came in and wrecked the thing and they pretty much dismissed his feelings and grief...dude has every reason to go back to being a Supervillain at this point. Hartley is still pretty much a dick to everybody he's not already friends/lovers with.

Caitlin, someone they've known for years, who has been with the show all these seasons, is now being regarded as dead...and Team Flash is going out clubbing? With the new Snow personality? CAITLIN IS DEAD!!! How in Grodd's name are they being so blase about this!? Nothing felt natural in that scene.

So Red Death was out of phase with this reality or timeline which is why they had to use the sonic devices to phase her back in or temporally set her in place? How did The Flash disrespect her? Didn't they mention Red Death in a future flashforward? Is she from the future, somehow?

Incredible Member

Pero que porquería fue eso?

They killed Caitlin off screen, took a moment of silence, and That's all? She is the oldest Flash character who was still on the show, next to Barry. She has been here since Day —1 (her debut was on Arrow), and they just said "oh well, who wants to dance?". I don't even want to talk about the right tonlife of the new personality, I'm angry.

This could have been just a boring episode featuring Hartley and Fiddler 2, but they chose to do this hot garbage.

Remove this episode from continuity alongside Caitlin's death and just use it to save the Legends.

Nice way of doing your final season.

As stated, the handling of Caitlin's "death" was .. I can't even fathom what they were thinking. Even if this is just a setup for all three Caitlins roaring back and becoming something, it doesn't change how badly this episode was written.

I have so many problems with how the main storyline was written, I'll skip all that and mention how Joe's being a bit of a hypocrite, trying to move Cecile out of town because he's worried about her. His "son", his son and his daughter all live that superhero lifestyle, and he went out every day as a cop putting his life on the line. Now his concern for his wife trumps her own decision to be a hero? Bad form, Joe...

Btw, I forgot to mention that Kara and CatCo being name-dropped last ep makes me hopeful we'll have a Supergirl (or Kara) cameo before the season's out. Hopefully it'll be a full-blown one episode team-up, but that's wishful thinking.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-17-2023 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    As stated, the handling of Caitlin's "death" was .. I can't even fathom what they were thinking. Even if this is just a setup for all three Caitlins roaring back and becoming something, it doesn't change how badly this episode was written.

I have so many problems with how the main storyline was written, I'll skip all that and mention how Joe's being a bit of a hypocrite, trying to move Cecile out of town because he's worried about her. His "son", his son and his daughter all live that superhero lifestyle, and he went out every day as a cop putting his life on the line. Now his concern for his wife trumps her own decision to be a hero? Bad form, Joe...

Btw, I forgot to mention that Kara and CatCo being name-dropped last ep makes me hopeful we'll have a Supergirl (or Kara) cameo before the season's out. Hopefully it'll be a full-blown one episode team-up, but that's wishful thinking.
    Honestly I am so over the multiple versions of Caitlin. It's just degraded the character over time. This was just the icing on the cake.

And, I mean, if we were going to get a third personality she should've either A. be based on one of the other Killer Frosts' and B. stand out more from Caitlin or even Frost. As it is she's just Caitlin with her innocence and empathy turned up a notch, but nothing in this episode was something Caitlin couldn't have done. Heck, a full-blown Killer Frost would've stood out more. Unless they're setting up she's more dangerous than she appears which is why Cecile can't read her.

In fairness to Joe I think he's also thinking that Cecile is the mother of their child, though he was also a working dad as a police officer. But I guess now that he's retired it's putting things into perspective for him.

Of course I'm on his side just because I think Superhero Cecile is utterly dumb and I hate how the writers are pushing for it.

I also gotta say, two episodes in, this doesn't quite have the final season vibe quite yet, just because it feels like the show is still spinning it's wheels on plots/character arcs.

I'm with the rest of you. This was such a sloppy episode. Caitlin's death has pretty much no impact on anyone? Maybe they're all in the "denial" stage of grief. Joe feels out of character too, but it also seems like they just need to set up some kind of motivation for the finale to make sense.

It was cool seeing Hartley again, but am I misremembering something? Barry changed time and he was never a villain, right? So why does it seem like he has a past as a villain.

I like these Next Gen Rogues. I'd love to see a Heatwave 2.0 (because at this point we've gotten legacies for Weather Wizard, Trickster, Boomerang, Mirror Master, and Cold sort of, so Heatwave would make sense).

Does anyone care for Chester and Allegra being awkward adults in relationships? I kind of doubt it. They're going to carry this on the whole season, aren't they?
    Catering to the CW audience, I'm guessing. But they feel like Nia and Brainy over on Supergirl. I don't get where all the awkwardness and drama is coming from that keeps them from just getting together.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm with the rest of you. This was such a sloppy episode. Caitlin's death has pretty much no impact on anyone? Maybe they're all in the "denial" stage of grief. Joe feels out of character too, but it also seems like they just need to set up some kind of motivation for the finale to make sense.
    And nobody even thought to call Cisco.
    It was cool seeing Hartley again, but am I misremembering something? Barry changed time and he was never a villain, right? So why does it seem like he has a past as a villain.
    That was the first time Barry changed the timeline in season 2. Post-Crisis Hartley was a criminal again until Barry saved his boyfriend.

Alright so, yeah.....Team Flash, one of your founding members just died (as far as you know) and you just....go dancing with the new gal?

Seemed kinda odd.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Alright so, yeah.....Team Flash, one of your founding members just died (as far as you know) and you just....go dancing with the new gal?

Seemed kinda odd.
    To be fair, the whole Snow situation has been and still is odd. Mainly because it doesn't "feel" like she is dead, just gone or changed.

I'm sure there is still more to this storyline as the season progresses. But for now, I really don't have an issue with just going with the flow of the new Snow (rhyme intended).

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    To be fair, the whole Snow situation has been and still is odd. Mainly because it doesn't "feel" like she is dead, just gone or changed.

I'm sure there is still more to this storyline as the season progresses. But for now, I really don't have an issue with just going with the flow of the new Snow (rhyme intended).
    That's the thing. It doesn't feel that way but the characters are saying it is, which makes their behavior even more jarring.

And I just don't see the point of a new personality. We're going to waste screentime in the final season, with it's shortened runtime, on a new character that isn't even that different from normal Caitlin? What is the point?

That was the first time Barry changed the timeline in season 2. Post-Crisis Hartley was a criminal again until Barry saved his boyfriend.
    Oh right. Man, poor Hartley. He's the timestream's chewing toy.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Khione reminds me of when Fred became Illyria on Angel. Maybe it's the blue hair.

That's the thing. It doesn't feel that way but the characters are saying it is, which makes their behavior even more jarring.

And I just don't see the point of a new personality. We're going to waste screentime in the final season, with it's shortened runtime, on a new character that isn't even that different from normal Caitlin? What is the point?
    This is Caitlin but without the usefulness of her scientific background, which the writers probably just didn't want to have to bother researching/writing. (or maybe the actress wanted more time away with her baby?)

But yeah, the characters saying they believe Caitlin's dead doesn't fit their behavior. Why not just write that her personality might come back but they don't know?

Mighty Member

I'll take a guess Ryan's possessed.