Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
They could do that, too, but would Barry's parents still look exactly like them?

My preference is Jay being a retired mentor, but then I prefer Wally to Barry, too. I was a Flash reader during the 90s...

(That said, pretty much every depiction of live-action Barry has been an amalgam of him and Wally's characteristics.)
And my insane preference is a merged single Earth with a new history that has Jay as a part of the 1940's JSA alongside with those introduced in Legends of Tomorrow and maybe have them stuck in some Ragnarok pocket dimension so that Infinity Inc (made up of some of the wasted characters like Atom Smasher) could fill the void in the 80's and then have Tyler Hoechlin's Superman emerge in the 00's (giving him the same history as Tom Welling's Clark Kent). Then Jay can emerge in present day with limited powers to serve as Barry's mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
The Flash writers can't not self-sabotage, though, so they've obviously thrown in another awful Big Bad. I already don't give a damn about Bloodwork (whoever the hell that is) and I was super duper irritated with the basic idea that the dude basically found a cure for cancer and Caitlyn dismissed him because the cure might make that person a metahuman and they wouldn't have a choice for some unknown reason. How bloody stupid is that?
Because of December's Crisis, I feel like going light on the Big Bad may be a smart idea. Actually, assuming Bloodwork will be around all season, they could have waited to introduce him in January.