Page 810 of 827 FirstFirst ... 310710760800806807808809810811812813814820 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 12392
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I've read quite a few posts saying the Flash ending would be the end of the Arrowverse but why exactly is that? Aren't there 2 new shows being developed for next season, one called Gotham Knights with Batman's adopted son and the children of some villains and the other a show with John Diggle training a group of superhero kids/young adults? With the bombshell from Superman & Lois stating that Superman is the only superhero on that Earth it would seem that these new shows have to take place on Arrowverse Earth or a completely new Earth. A whole new Earth would cut off any possibilities of cameos from characters of previous shows unless they create another version of the characters (and make 3 versions of John Diggle running around the multiverse).
    With the other shows gone, there is no longer a connective tissue reason to push Justice U. Honestly, the premise of the show was kinda shakey, IMHO.

If Gotham Knights sees the light of day, it would be fortunate to last one season. Another show with a shaky premise.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My FB feed had those reports of Gotham Knights being cancelled also. Whew, good.

I see no reason Justice U should continue in development as part of the Arrowverse. Now if it is retooled to fit alongside Superman and Lois that would make some sense.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My FB feed had those reports of Gotham Knights being cancelled also. Whew, good.

I see no reason Justice U should continue in development as part of the Arrowverse. Now if it is retooled to fit alongside Superman and Lois that would make some sense.
    I don't know if it makes more sense. The S&L universe isn't crawling with metahumans. They seem to like having Superman as the only superhero around.

I just said *some* sense, not more. Semantics maybe but I agree with the other part of your statement. Hence, me using....some sense. With S&L being a new ground floor, ala Arrow way back in 2012, for a building anchor show for DCU TV development.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just said *some* sense, not more. Semantics maybe but I agree with the other part of your statement. Hence, me using....some sense. With S&L being a new ground floor, ala Arrow way back in 2012, for a building anchor show for DCU TV development.
    Doubtful that S&L goes beyond the next season. Nexstar will likely not want a show with the budget that S&L has. Same with Stargirl.

HBO Max is in flux and also doubtful any other network has interest in DCU TV presently. DC could possibly shop a self-contained series to one network, like Gotham on FOX, but a "universe" of shows is done for now.

This would be the second platform that DCU shows were targeted for that has folded.
    Sad.

Sure, there are folks who think Disney is mishandling things(I think that is a small group), but it is all still in one place with more on the way.
    DC Fandom is once again unsure where its next film & tv projects will come from and characters to expect in those. Meanwhile Marvel is mining the B/C level of characters and has plans into Phase 6 at the cinema.

Given that the previous version of Boomerang in the Arrowverse is dead — or at least was so pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths — it will be interesting to see how The Flash addresses the character, though some are already speculating that the series will bring in the character Owen Mercer, Harkness's son in comics.

Yeah that's who I immediately thought of as well.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

So there is still hope that I will see in Live-Action Flash tied up to a giant boomerang.

Flash124.jpg

Bonus points if they bring back Ralph.

Javicia Leslie is joining the show as:

spoilers:
    Red Death.
    end of spoilers

That's interesting. Parallel World Invasion maybe?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:
    Red Death.
    end of spoilers
    Oh no! Really?!

I did watch the entire Batwoman run and although I wasn't keen on them replacing Kate with a new character instead of recasting, I enjoyed the show much more once Kate was "misplaced." I was disappointed with the cancellation as I was looking forward to seeing where the series would go. I really enjoyed Javicia Leslie in it so I will check out The Flash again after a couple of years of not watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

spoilers:
    Red Death.
    end of spoilers
    So many eye roll emojis I'd like to add.

Until earlier this week I must admit I'd allowed myself to forget there was going to be a Flash S9.
    Mentally I've all but closed out the Arrowverse in my mind sans Stargirl which doesn't feel or try to be relatable to those shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Given that the previous version of Boomerang in the Arrowverse is dead — or at least was so pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths — it will be interesting to see how The Flash addresses the character, though some are already speculating that the series will bring in the character Owen Mercer, Harkness's son in comics.

Yeah that's who I immediately thought of as well.
    Which name would you prefer they use for him, though? Silver Boomerang or Captain Boomerang, Jr.?