Page 176 of 827 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Yeah but in a previous episode she told her that he was in love with someone else (her) . What gives her the right to do that?
    Nothing, really, but the heart's a mysterious thing, and people do all sorts of odd things, to be sure, advisable or not.

Logical, or not. Maybe what Iris did with that, and the double date, was both.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Yeah but in a previous episode she told her that he was in love with someone else (her) . What gives her the right to do that?
    In love with someone who didn't feel the same way is how she phrased it I think. Linda asked her what his problem was, and since Barry's revelation was still fresh on her mind she assumed it was on his as well. It was pretty dumb thing to say given how quickly Linda figured out Iris was the girl he was hung up on, but it wasn't really a bitchy passive aggressive thing. I mean Barry was already in the doghouse, the only real alternative was to make up a weird lie or shrug it off.

wellsandGrodd.jpg

Oh look I found a super secret preview picture of Harrison Wells and Grodd meeting. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I feel bad for both Eddie and Linda. Neither one has really done anything wrong, but they have gotten between two people who have loved each other for years and are only now figuring out how to admit it.
    I don't even feel as if it's been that well-written. Iris has not come out looking great at all. Barry professed his undying love and devotion, she shoots him down, and now that he's dating someone else, she suddenly realizes she loves him? She's coming off like that annoying type of girl whom only wants what she can't have. It's one thing if they hinted that Iris had prior feelings for Barry, but this show never portrayed Iris as seeing Barry as anything more than a BFF. They dropped the ball on this.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    I don't even feel as if it's been that well-written. Iris has not come out looking great at all. Barry professed his undying love and devotion, she shoots him down, and now that he's dating someone else, she suddenly realizes she loves him? She's coming off like that annoying type of girl whom only wants what she can't have. It's one thing if they hinted that Iris had prior feelings for Barry, but this show never portrayed Iris as seeing Barry as anything more than a BFF. They dropped the ball on this.
    I see it as similar to X-Men: Evolution between Scott and Jean. She never figured things out until the possibility of him being with someone else made her realize that she might actually have feelings for him as more than just a friend.
    Dark does not mean deep.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    I don't even feel as if it's been that well-written. Iris has not come out looking great at all. Barry professed his undying love and devotion, she shoots him down, and now that he's dating someone else, she suddenly realizes she loves him? She's coming off like that annoying type of girl whom only wants what she can't have.
    I honestly don't understand the problem here. Her best friend tells her he loves her, so she's supposed to forget about Eddie and fall for him instantly? It took her a while to realize Barry has been the one always in her corner and that he wasn't a brother-like companion to her anymore. AFAIAC, she has acted pretty normal for a person in that situation.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Robin Lord Taylor, The Penguin in Gotham, would like to be on The Flash:

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/21/goth...-on-the-flash/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    In love with someone who didn't feel the same way is how she phrased it I think. Linda asked her what his problem was, and since Barry's revelation was still fresh on her mind she assumed it was on his as well. It was pretty dumb thing to say given how quickly Linda figured out Iris was the girl he was hung up on, but it wasn't really a bitchy passive aggressive thing. I mean Barry was already in the doghouse, the only real alternative was to make up a weird lie or shrug it off.
    Iris also make believe Linda, Barry never had a girlfriend.
    And in the previous episode, we saw her speak about a ex-girlfriend of Barry, that she also didn't like.
    Barry and Iris, both cheating their boyfriend and girlfriend was also bad.
    Being in love with his adoptive sister is already enough drama for me, I would like less cw drama but it won't happen.
    But last episode was still awesome with all this.

Retired

If I could rewrite the Barry/Iris/Eddie triangle on this show it would be like SABRINA--you know the movie with Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, and Bill Holden.

Okay so Barry moves in with Joe and Iris, but she goes away to some fancy school. Maybe she won a scholarship or something. Meanwhile Barry and Eddie are best friends. Iris comes back a couple years later and it's oh wow how you've changed Iris. Eddie gets in there first, but Barry is slow on the pick up and by the time he realizes how his feelings for Iris have changed, she's dating his best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Growup View Post
    Being in love with his adoptive sister is already enough drama for me,
    Especially when Barry isn't Iris' adopted brother.

Spectacular Member

Didn't Barry have trouble exceeding 600 MPH just a few episodes ago? Why is he time traveling so early in the series?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Especially when Barry isn't Iris' adopted brother.
    Joe West is Barry's adoptive father and she is his daughter.

How can Joe be his adopted father when Barry still has a father? His surname is still Allen, not West, too.

Still, weren't raised together from a very young age, or birth, not related to each other.

The main barriers would be Iris being with Eddie, and Barry being with Linda.

Supposedly, Joe's okay with it from past episodes, and Iris seems to have feelings for Barry, who knows if he still does for her.

Worst part would be the fallout for Joe or Barry with Eddie, at work etc, though Linda might not be a problem, for Iris, but maybe not.

Retired

Kids can have more than one father and more than one mother, too. Barry was underage and Henry was in prison. Someone had to take care of the boy and be a parent to him. Joe stepped into that role.