Page 182 of 827 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 12392

Looks like the seeds for the Rogue's Code have been planted.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Crows View Post
    I didn’t even think of that, but you have a point!

The parallels between timelines Academyfan pointed out were really neat. The ending was a nice setup for the rest of the season.

I’m not sure how Cold knowing Barry’s secret will work, especially if he’s a recurring threat, but the writers haven’t let me down yet.

Forgive me if this question has been raised before, but if Thawne/Wells went back in time to kill Barry Allen (implying they were already enemies), doesn’t that mean there was an original timeline where Nora Allen lived? But if that’s true, how did Barry get his powers in the original timeline if Wells wasn’t there to build the particle accelerator? Or am I overthinking things? (Time travel can be hard to wrap your brain around!)
    There is most likely an original timeline where Barry got his powers, by himself, and his mother is still alive. In the comicbooks there are timelines where Barry's mother isn't dead. She's only been dead in comics since around 2009 if I recall correctly.

We've seen from this ep that time will try to correct itself in some way. I'm assuming that lightning bolt would have hit Barry with or without the particle accelerator.spoilers:
    It is also a possibility that they might make the bolt of lightning that struck Barry in the first episode "Barry Allen himself". Since in the comicbooks he becomes the bolt of lighting that gives himself his own powers.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Trigger; 03-24-2015 at 07:58 PM.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

There is an inherent flaw however, we try to assume and explain time travel on how it might work (based on the rules of logic and physics we have established in our world). But, that doesn't mean they have to be that way.

Changing a past event doesn't have to create an alternate universe...perhaps it just adjusts some events to account for the changes - of course, that's what happened in this episode (And Wells mentioned it too; preventing it might create an even better catastrophe).

But, the thing to remember is that universe is pretty big...any changes in one particular point doesn't have to affect that point at all (For instance: Barry changing his past might not have to change the events on Earth; it might just change things on another planet or perhaps another galaxy).

Or perhaps it's more complicated than that.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Reverse Flash has a shoryuken.
    This pleases me.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Looks like the seeds for the Rogue's Code have been planted.

There is most likely an original timeline where Barry got his powers, by himself, and his mother is still alive. In the comicbooks there are timelines where Barry's mother isn't dead. She's only been dead in comics since around 2009 if I recall correctly.

We've seen from this ep that time will try to correct itself in some way. I'm assuming that lightning bolt would have hit Barry with or without the particle accelerator.spoilers:
    It is also a possibility that they might make the bolt of lightning that struck Barry in the first episode "Barry Allen himself". Since in the comicbooks he becomes the bolt of lighting that gives himself his own powers.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks! I didn't know that about the comics (the show has been my first major exposure to the character). I definitely give props to the show-runners for being willing to tackle a concept like this head on. It's all been very interesting so far, and I'm enjoying the ride. Bring on the Trickster(s)!

Ok, what the hell is the point in robbing people if you have a gun that creates good!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The Flash needs a Music Meister episode. Legit everyone on the cast can sing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac3a...&feature=share

Co-starring the Barrowman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4mBG17NdVw
    I'd really like to see a sing-a-long Flash episode.

This episode wasn't as great as the previous one, but it made nice use of contrast between the two timelines. I liked seeing the Rogues return, but I wish Dominic Purcell had more screen time. He makes me laugh.

spoilers:
    When Barry-Flash was talking to Len Snart, it seemed like he was buidling up to offering him his own show. "Look, if you promise not to kill people and not to give away my secret identity, I'll set things up with the producers so you can have your own show. Deal?"
    end of spoilers

Of course, everyone knows the real origin of Flash's super-powers is Mopee.

"You have shown me what it is like to have a son."

This line has now given me chills TWICE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Eddie "forgave" Barry a little too quickly with the Lightning psychosis excuse
    not really, imo.

if you genuinely like someone and consider them a friend and/or a good person and you felt they betrayed you and the person you both love and care about, you might be overcome with emotion and act rashly. but if someone, especially someone with some knowledge and authority, gave you an 'clinical' explanation, and in this reality with powers anything is possible, it's not a stretch to believe it. not when that betrayal seems so out of character. you would feel like shit and might fall over yourself to forgive and apologize.

when i say 'you' i mean in general, not you specifically

Incredible Member

This could be setting up flashpoint. In that one Barry saves his mom and it changes the whole world.

BANNED

I just noticed the "red skies" headline in the newspaper from the future. Reminded me of Crisis...

Can't the kill Iris? They have ruined her to the point of almost no one liking her. At this point she's irredeemable at least as a Barry Allen love interest. Kill her already.

I like Iris. Partially cause I find her really attractive but I like her personality as well

BANNED

Think they would learned from Arrow or Grimm. Hiding the superpowers from the Supposed Female Lead does not make the fanbase love said love interest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Can't the kill Iris? They have ruined her to the point of almost no one liking her. At this point she's irredeemable at least as a Barry Allen love interest. Kill her already.
    i like iris and what exactly is there to redeem?

People noting the absurdity of Lisa's gun in this thread just killed my suspension of disbelief. Seriously IT TURNS NOT GOLD INTO GOLD WHY ARE YOU ROBBING PEOPLE LEN?

I loved how the second version of the very bad day echoed the first--even one change in the status quo (Cisco is dead!) swapped for another (Snart knows who Flash is!) I wonder if we'll see the first version of the bad day again, kind of Community darkest timeline style.