Page 58 of 827 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    What was Cisco going to tell Caitlin about Ronnie? Anyone know? It was near the end, I feel like i missed something there.
    That he was the one that shut the blast doors that locked Ronnie inside the particle accelerator.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Nope, compared cheeks and noses, not him.
    Unless they bring another actor to play a younger Wells.
    I think you misunderstood The Kid's post. He thinks Eric Thawne (Joe's partner) is Wells' ancestor

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Bigger question- if they're going to have meta-powered supervillains locked up inside sealed tubes in the new particle accelerator prison, how are they going to feed them? Surely most of them will need food and water like everybody else.
    Not only that, there's waste and hygiene needs of the prisoners that need to be addressed. I have this funny image in my head of Wells making Cisco clean out the prison cells each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I know, ethically as well as legally. Apparently metahumans are not entitled to due process. I still wonder if Barry and company will find out from Oliver about ARGUS' underground supermax on Lian Yu. They circumvent the law all the time.
    I'm surprised Joe would be on board with this. Sure there's no other place to hold these guys, but he needs to tell the powers that be about the existence of metahumans. The police need to know and possibly train on how to deal with metahuman threats. The city would also need to develop their own holding facilities.

You know one of things I appreciate about this show is despite its comic book origins, there's not a lot of cheese. It actually handles drama well yet fully embraces that this is a superhero show.

BANNED

Just saw the third episode. I didn't like it as much as the pilot and the 2nd one, But I still liked it. I felt that it suffered way too much from heavy handed cheesy exposition, but the general dialogue was okay. Gustin is actually becoming better and stronger in the role. He comes across more like a professional and earnest young man. He is beginning to adopt some of the quiet intensity and maturity that (book) Barry Allen has and dropped the Peter Parkerish/Beaver Cleaver earnestness. I really love Joe a lot. I like his no-nonsense attitude. I have to say that I really love Cavanaugh as Wells. He really is a treat to watch very Machiavellian. When I initially saw the pilot, I thought that he would turn out to be Dr. Octopus to Gustin's Spiderman. But he just might turn out to be Moriarty to Gustin's Sherlock Holmes. I also like the fact that they seem to be attempting to write the characters as being 3 dimensional, than just card board figures.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I figured I'd give the a show three chances to show it had something to offer and it's failed miserably. I'm glad they're are still some people who like superheroes done in bubblegum style but I'm not one for horrible writing and plotting for the most part .

"have you heard I'd the Donelli crime family??"the cop asks the detective. Uh, right.

Let me just whip up this antidote to poison gas in a couple of minutes...

Did you know that gas can float around at 200-300 miles per hour on a calm night?

This kind of immature approach to dialog and plotting is why I won't be watching the fourth episode. Take me to Gotham where creators know how to write engaging, gripping shows. Gorham is showing once again that even without batman that is still the place with the most engaging stories and characters.
    Last edited by Mia; 10-24-2014 at 04:15 PM.

BANNED

I figured I'd give the a show three chances to show it had something to offer and it's failed miserably. I'm glad they're are still some people who like superheroes done in bubblegum style but I'm not one for horrible writing and plotting for the most part .

"have you heard I'd the Donelli crime family??"the cop asks the detective. Uh, right.

Did you know that gas can float around at 200-300 miles per hour on a calm night?

This kind of immature approach to dialog and plotting is why I won't be watching the fourth episode. Take me to Gotham where creators know how to write engaging, gripping shows. Gorham is showing once again that even without batman that is still the place with the most engaging stories and characters.
    Some people just don't like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Some people just don't like fun.
    Indeed, that argument about the Gas based Metahuman is hilarious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Yeah, gas can't talk either, but somehow this batch did.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think both shows clearly have a plan and know where they are going. The Flash is a nice show to off-set the darker tone of Gotham though. It's amusing and amazing that a show about a guy who saw his mother murdered and everybody thinks his father did it can still manage to have a lighter tone. A lot of that is scenes where Gustin plays that lighter side.
    Well, Spider-man has also had an overall light tone and he lost both his parents and his uncle. So it is nothing new that characters can be light even though they have experienced tragedy.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 10-25-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

SIGH. I am baffled that some people can claim they like comic books and not like this show. This show is like a comic book. Are you an actual comic book fan?

I would watch at least this coming weeks episode since Captain Cold is involved and he's one of Flash's main enemies.

Then if you stop at least peek in at December when Firestorm is supposed to appear just to see if it improves for you. Ya never know.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It was a trip to see Barry and Iris coming out of a movie at the Vogue Theatre.
    The name of the movie was a cool Easter Egg, too; it was a Blue Devil movie.

I still think "Harrison Wells" will turn out to be future Barry Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    That he was the one that shut the blast doors that locked Ronnie inside the particle accelerator.
    Thanks!! Knew i was missing something there.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

That's like exact opposite of how I feel. Gotham's scripts are pretty terrible, but the fact that it's so bad makes it good. It isn't very interesting, but at least it makes me laugh. The flash is good natured fun plus it's about a guy who has super speed. How can you not like it?
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    SIGH. I am baffled that some people can claim they like comic books and not like this show. This show is like a comic book. Are you an actual comic book fan?
    I'm fine with people not liking the show but statements like this one:

Are just laughable. I have a hard time taking someone's opinion on maturity seriously when their grammar is so garbled. It's clear that the statement is the posters self-congratulatory attempt at looking sophisticated and intelligent. And coming across as simply pompous.

Astonishing Member

Granted I've only seen the first two episodes so far but many of the characters from Gotham seems liked they were plucked directly from a Saturday morning cartoon just with added violence and blood. This shows isn't perfect but its the first DC based show from WB that has held my interest though I'll probably get caught on Gotham to at least see if it improved any.

I don't really understand the complaint about the gas man, he was created from the very incident that empowered Barry of course he isn't going to behave like normal gas you would find on the periodic table.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

i dont mind it being family friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    What I noticed is the comment about whipping up an antidote in a couple of hours. Because it's not as if that's what comic book characters do.

I think when we very much like or very much dislike something, we then tend to hyper analyze and find reasons to justify that core reaction.