Page 387 of 827 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I wish I could say I was surprised by Henry getting killed off, but honestly, saw it coming from a mile away.

That said, do we really have to have a Flash series where both of his parents are dead? I mean even Zack Snyder lets Superman keep his mom, but a much more light hearted show like The Flash has to kill off both the parents? I mean I get it, Henry's character had ran its course I guess, but still.

Overall a decent episode I guess, looking forward to the season finale next week.
    The episode was fine until the very end. Why the hell is Barry just standing there yelling instead of trying to stop him?! Why are these writers so incapable of advancing their plot without having to sacrifice story and logic. They have to make the characters so idiotic to create drama and conflict.

I'm getting sick of it.

And if this makes him sad Barry again, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Why are these writers so incapable of advancing their plot without having to sacrifice story and logic.
    Because for some damn reason the writers feel that they have to kill off major characters every year for... reasons. Sometimes the deaths are powerful and have a resonance, like when Tommy and Moira died on Arrow, and MAYBE when Ronnie was revealed to be dead at the beginning of this season of Flash, and sometimes it'e because they want to shock the audience and 'shake things up', like when BOTH Lance sisters were killed- which is BS.

I just keep thinking that Buffy the Vampire Slayer ran for 7 seasons, and they only killed off 2 main characters throughout the entire run (not counting Buffy, who came back, or Anya, who died in the last episode). At the rate Arrow and Flash are going, if they make it past five and three seasons their cast lists are going to be awfully lite.

It's kind of sad that upbeat, optimistic, and confident Barry is treated as a bad thing. It was actually kind of nice seeing him facing what was going on with optimism and not being held back by doubts or insecurities after his experience with the Speed Force. I hope we don't see a total regression of that with Henry's death.

Y'know, aside from being evil and willing to kill a lot of people by destroying buildings, Black Siren felt a little more like Black Canary then Laurel ever did. I mean, for one, she had an actual Canary Cry that looked a heck of a lot better then Laurel just doing a screaming pose and glass just breaks. She even got to kick The Flash's but. And that costume looked a lot better then the bondage gear Laurel was sporting. I was half-expecting her to say she goes by Dinah instead of Laurel.

I kinda wish the show hadn't made her out to be such a bad guy so we could maybe develop her into a real Black Canary, but there doesnt' seem to be much hope of that happening. I genuinely hope this isn't the last we see of Katie Cassidy in the Arrowverse, though I know Laurel will be in season 2. Feels like a shame to have her go out after that stupid death on Arrow and after playing an evil doppleganger, though at least she did both to the best of her ability.

I liked Flash and Wally's dynamic. They had some fun back-and-forth in this episode. Looking forward to seeing how that progresses now that Wally's realized Barry is The Flash and he's well on his way to becoming Kid Flash .

Even Tina McGee managed to figure out Barry was The Flash? And she's only seen him sporadically over the course of two seasons. It's no wonder Thawne managed to eventually find out Barry's identity, I'm only surprised it didn't happen sooner (relative to Thawne's time I guess). I wouldn't even be surprised if Singh knows at this point.

It was great to see John Wesley Shipp reunite with Amanda Pays as Henry and Tina meet. That was a really nice call-back to the old Flash show, and sparks are still flying between these two. Shame it won't be going anywhere .

I wonder if Jessie was more effected by the frequency because she's now become a Metahuman?

And Cisco, if only by accident, finally manages to use his powers offensively like Reverb did. He's well on his way to becoming the real Vibe now.

So they're going to be holding all the Earth-2 Metahumans on Earth-1 for now, in Iron Heights and the Pipeline? Are they going to transfer them all back to Earth-2 once this is all over? I did get a good chuckle at Singh just not wanting to know anything about the Pipeline and Earth-2, given how oblivious he's been to all that since day one .

Just like comic Hunter, Zoom here is just as obsessed with the idea of tragedy defining you and who you are, only here it's applied to making him and Barry the same rather then an obsession with changing Wally's origin to make him a better hero like in the comics.
    Last edited by Frontier; 05-18-2016 at 12:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Jessie was more effected by the frequency because she's now become a Metahuman?
    Don't think so. Her headphones malfunctioned. You could see the blue indicator light on the earpiece go dark just before her father removed them. Once Wells gave her his, she was fine. And Once Wells took his off, he got laid out, just like the metahumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, aside from being evil and willing to kill a lot of people by destroying buildings, Black Siren felt a little more like Black Canary then Laurel ever did. I mean, for one, she had an actual Canary Cry that looked a heck of a lot better then Laurel just doing a screaming pose and glass just breaks. She even got to kick The Flash's but. And that costume looked a lot better then the bondage gear Laurel was sporting. I was half-expecting her to say she goes by Dinah instead of Laurel.

I kinda wish the show hadn't made her out to be such a bad guy so we could maybe develop her into a real Black Canary, but there doesnt' seem to be much hope of that happening. I genuinely hope this isn't the last we see of Katie Cassidy in the Arrowverse, though I know Laurel will be in season 2. Feels like a shame to have her go out after that stupid death on Arrow and after playing an evil doppleganger, though at least she did both to the best of her ability.
    Was there a reason Barry didn't use the ear protection thingy that he used when he and Kara went up against Silver Banshee?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Was there a reason Barry didn't use the ear protection thingy that he used when he and Kara went up against Silver Banshee?
    (A) It was still on Kara's Earth (B) Be didn't know going in that he'd be facing someone with sonic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    (A) It was still on Kara's Earth (B) Be didn't know going in that he'd be facing someone with sonic powers.
    A) But Barry was the one who built it. And wasn't that what was used when Barry went up against Hartley Rathaway. That's where Barry got the idea to build it. Why not build another one?
    B) I suppose the first time, but what was to stop him from going after her again after he built another one?

Incredible Member

I liked this episode but one thing bothered me- Zoom knows where Team Flash is based, and so should his whole army of metahumans. He told Kaitlyn that if she left him he wouldn't show her any more mercy than he showed her friends. So why not a mass metahuman attack on Star Labs that just wiped the place out?

I'm also a little confused at this point with all that's happened about how Wally doesn't yet know that Barry is the Flash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I just keep thinking that Buffy the Vampire Slayer ran for 7 seasons, and they only killed off 2 main characters throughout the entire run (not counting Buffy, who came back, or Anya, who died in the last episode). At the rate Arrow and Flash are going, if they make it past five and three seasons their cast lists are going to be awfully lite.
    Off the top of my head: Jenny Calendar, Angel (Yes he came back but no one knew he would at the time), Joyce, Tara, and Jonathan. If you count Angel then we also have Doyle, Cordelia, and Wesley.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I'm also a little confused at this point with all that's happened about how Wally doesn't yet know that Barry is the Flash.
    He obviously does now that he saw Barry run after Zoom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The episode was fine until the very end. Why the hell is Barry just standing there yelling instead of trying to stop him?! Why are these writers so incapable of advancing their plot without having to sacrifice story and logic. They have to make the characters so idiotic to create drama and conflict.

I'm getting sick of it.

And if this makes him sad Barry again, I'm done.
    Zoom is faster than him. Anything he does, Zoom will react faster and do it before Barry does whatever he does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    A) But Barry was the one who built it. And wasn't that what was used when Barry went up against Hartley Rathaway. That's where Barry got the idea to build it. Why not build another one?
    B) I suppose the first time, but what was to stop him from going after her again after he built another one?
    The whole point of sending Cisco and Caitlyn to meet Siren in disguise was so Barry wouldn't have to face her and instead concentrate on executing the plan to take out all the metahumans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    He obviously does now that he saw Barry run after Zoom.
    Ok, at the very end yeah, but I would think he should have at least strongly suspected it before.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I think it's clear now that The Man in the Iron Mask will be spoilers:
    Earth-2 Henry Allen a.k.a. the REAL Jay Garrick.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 05-18-2016 at 02:37 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I say this as someone who always liked Laurel on Arrow, but it would have been nice if the Black Canary we had on that show had been more like the Black Siren.
    She was much more sexier, at any rate. Looks like Katie enjoys playing bad girls.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?