Page 808 of 827 FirstFirst ... 308708758798804805806807808809810811812818 ... LastLast
Results 12,106 to 12,120 of 12392

I'm really, really over Cecile and her "I can tell how your feeling so I am going to immediately force you to talk about it" thing. And we're probably going to get even more of it next season.

I just don't think Cecile needs this much of a boost. I was hoping they'd depower her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Meh, neither suit was good. His earlier suit was better. Just imo.
    Seeing Letscher in the suit again made it feel kind of outdated. Kind of like a lot of the shows' earlier suits...they really worked at the time and at first but they've kind of evolved past that.

It's just the suit wasn't designed for the current actors so it doesn't fit as well as Gustin's Flash suit.

Just my two cents.

I just hope we've seen the last of Thawne now. For real, let him go already. Cavanagh-Thawne, that is. Would've loved for the redeemed Letscher-Thawne to stick around. But alas. Only tragic part of a surprisingly happy ending to a Season.

A Season that was probably the best since a long time. Even though the last Arc was a bit weaker than Armageddon and Deathstorm. The latter was my favourite of the 3.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 06-30-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I just hope we've seen the last of Thawne now. For real, let him go already. Cavanagh-Thawne, that is. Would've loved for the redeemed Letscher_Thawne to stick around. But alas. Only tragic part of a surprisingly happy ending to a Season.

A Season that was probably the best since a long time. Even though the last Arc was a bit weaker than Armageddon and Deathstorm. The latter was my favourite of the 3.
    I think a "good' guy Thawne would've been interesting although the more it went on the less it probably would have felt like a real version of Thawne in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really, really over Cecile and her "I can tell how your feeling so I am going to immediately force you to talk about it" thing. And we're probably going to get even more of it next season.

I just don't think Cecile needs this much of a boost. I was hoping they'd depower her.

Seeing Letscher in the suit again made it feel kind of outdated. Kind of like a lot of the shows' earlier suits...they really worked at the time and at first but they've kind of evolved past that.

It's just the suit wasn't designed for the current actors so it doesn't fit as well as Gustin's Flash suit.

Just my two cents.
    I know, we just disagree on a lot. And I'm just tired of every time I make an opinion of having to debate it with you, or every time you share yours feeling the need to voice my differing view. Like, you're a great poster, a great moderator, and I damn respect you man, but it feels like over half my posts are just disagreeing with you and I don't like it. Makes me feel like a cad having to debate a nice guy all the time. We just like very different things despite both loving these characters, and I'm just not going to try to defend my views any more. It's just draining when all I want is to pipe up with a random comment here and there and chill.

I liked Letscher in his suit, was the best looking thing I've seen in this show in a while costume-wise. Man rocked those threads, shame he didn't get much screen time rocking it as the Flash while he was a villain. But I know, you differ on this. Style is subjective, and we'll just have to respect that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Bart's time hijinx in the post-Armageddon season opener "fixed" Jay's death or last season's finale prevented Godspeed from killing jay in the first place.

I'm more impressed with how Jay manages to look the actor's age no matter how much time passes. He looks the same age 10 years ago on Stargirl, in the present with Barry and in the future with Bart and Nora.
    Oh, ok. I missed chunks of this season, so I missed that. I'm glad. Jay is probably my favorite character on the series.

Hey, the speed force keeps you looking good.

Incredible Member

Iris gets hit dead-on by a supercharged lightning bolt and survives! And her particles move into Thawne to complete his resurrection then move into the time stone. I know its a fantastical comic book show but the best stories still have some element of realism to add credibilty. I think this is why I appreciate Marvel movies and shows more.

Cecile with even MORE power. And since there will only be a few appearances of Joe West, they are going to go all in making her a full superhero. Hopefully, the bright side will be no more court shenanigans on this show.

Kramer was forgotten about in the finale, but I'm sure she will get something to do next season.

Time sickness dragged way too long and Iris really didn't do much this season beyond having headaces and disappearing.

Miss Cisco. Still not used to Chester.

At least the Power of Love didn't save the day. Instead, we get the Power of Calm. Not sure why that worked. But it is a fantastical comic book show, so I accept it!

Season 9 needs to end this show. Hopefully, with a better ending. Like it or not, this was initially meant to be the ending episode to this show. They may have tweaked it a bit once they learned they had another season coming, but it wasn't tweaked much.

I know, we just disagree on a lot. And I'm just tired of every time I make an opinion of having to debate it with you, or every time you share yours feeling the need to voice my differing view. Like, you're a great poster, a great moderator, and I damn respect you man, but it feels like over half my posts are just disagreeing with you and I don't like it. Makes me feel like a cad having to debate a nice guy all the time. We just like very different things despite both loving these characters, and I'm just not going to try to defend my views any more. It's just draining when all I want is to pipe up with a random comment here and there and chill.

I liked Letscher in his suit, was the best looking thing I've seen in this show in a while costume-wise. Man rocked those threads, shame he didn't get much screen time rocking it as the Flash while he was a villain. But I know, you differ on this. Style is subjective, and we'll just have to respect that.
    Fair enough. I'm sorry our discussions are so draining/frustrating for you, I never intend for them to be that way. If so I profusely apologize .
    Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Iris gets hit dead-on by a supercharged lightning bolt and survives! And her particles move into Thawne to complete his resurrection then move into the time stone. I know its a fantastical comic book show but the best stories still have some element of realism to add credibilty. I think this is why I appreciate Marvel movies and shows more.
    Marvel is not just as fantastical or contrived depending on their plot points at times ?

I mean, at least they set up that time stone ahead of time.
    Cecile with even MORE power. And since there will only be a few appearances of Joe West, they are going to go all in making her a full superhero. Hopefully, the bright side will be no more court shenanigans on this show.
    Heaven forbid Cecile do her actual job (well).
    Kramer was forgotten about in the finale, but I'm sure she will get something to do next season.
    I can't say I really missed her.
    Time sickness dragged way too long and Iris really didn't do much this season beyond having headaces and disappearing.
    Supposedly we'll get more WestAllen next season.

Astonishing Member

At least the Power of Love didn't save the day. Instead, we get the Power of Calm. Not sure why that worked. But it is a fantastical comic book show, so I accept it!.
    I don't know. Iris' whole survival was Power of Love. And if she had stayed dead Barry would not have overcome the urge to keep physically fighting Thawne.

Fair enough. I'm sorry our discussions are so draining/frustrating for you, I never intend for them to be that way. If so I profusely apologize .
    It's just most of my recent post count here is debating the same points with/against you, and it's just not who I want to be online. Nothing against you of course, but just don't want most of my time coming up with words here to be argumentative in nature. Kind of want to be/post better and let disagreements stand without feeling like I need to win or lose.

Incredible Member

I think like is usual, the journey was better than the destination, since last episode had better development, plot twists, and explanations could have been better in this one and....OMG DAMIAN DARHK!!!! Episode was 10/10.

Is it just me or Thawne's Forever Force Suit looked kinda like Ezra Miller's Flash armored suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I think like is usual, the journey was better than the destination, since last episode had better development, plot twists, and explanations could have been better in this one and....OMG DAMIAN DARHK!!!! Episode was 10/10.

Is it just me or Thawne's Forever Force Suit looked kinda like Ezra Miller's Flash armored suit?
    Just you? Looked more like some 90s tv suit, like the old Flash or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation or Bibleman. I know that people loathe the Ezra suit, but it looks so much more high end and professional than Thawne's Super Shredder suit.

Incredible Member

Just you? Looked more like some 90s tv suit, like the old Flash or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Next Mutation or Bibleman. I know that people loathe the Ezra suit, but it looks so much more high end and professional than Thawne's Super Shredder suit.
    Maybe is just the helmet and rounded shoulders, but it was the first thought that came to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Maybe is just the helmet and rounded shoulders, but it was the first thought that came to my mind.
    Actually I got more Christian Bale's Batman from the helmet - does not flatter the face.

It reminded me of Zoom and Savitar.

As much as I enjoy how much Barry lets his emotions get to him when dealing with Thawne (because that's what an arch enemy should do), I was a bit underwhelmed by the finale. The powers and the fight were cool and all, but I never liked the Forces, and I felt like the strongest arc this season had to be either Armageddon or Deathstorm. I can at least respect the fact that there were mini-arcs and they didn't spend all season building up the Negative Forces.

Jay, Joan, Nora, and Bart are always great to see, but I expected to see more from the Chester/Allegra relationship.

What do we call Thawne powered by all the Forces? Ultimate Reverse-Flash? Full Powered Reverse-Flash? Devil Flash?
    Negative Reverse Flash. Wait, I think that might be a double negative.

So what happened with Caitlin and Frost? Mark didn't seem to recognize her at all. She said "a friend...I think" so is it a new personality? Frost with no memories? I was kind of hoping she'd straight up murk Mark Killer Frost style. Now that would be a cliffhanger.

That blue stone...could it be? Cobalt Blue!?
    I think the answers to both of these are probably they thought as far as plot points for future stories that they will decide when the time comes. I thought we would see more of a hook from Frost (or even Caitlin in general), but it feels like they haven't decided what they want to do with her yet. As for Cobalt Blue...maybe we are in store for another opposite number of Barry, but I really don't want them to retcon in some long lost twin of his.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I love every time they bring back Damian, because they do it SPARINGLY. So when he does come back, it makes an impact. Plus, he's become such a fascinating character.
    I definitely agree. I thought his send off on Legends was perfect, but so far the other appearances after that have been good too.

I'm coming close to my limit of Cecile and her powers at this point. We'll see what next season does with her.

Kramer definitely didn't need to be in the finale, especially with Meena around, so I'm glad they didn't try to shoehorn her in.