Page 566 of 827 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 12392

Y'know, if Becky wasn't super-unlucky she could probably have successfully claimed sexual harassment against that patron she spilled the drink on and not get fired (or at least get something out of the debacle).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If I took this show more seriously, I'd be worried about the violation of everyone's civil rights on this world. It seems to me that Becky Sharpe is not a violent offender. I guess she took some money, but if she was ever tried in court, a lawyer could probably get her off just because there were so many chaotic circumstances not of her making. It was just random chance as far as what can be proven in court. Which probably means Becky never got due process and was just thrown into a prison, doing hard time, without regard for her rights.
    I actually wonder if she was planning to rob the bank when she got there or if she just took the opportunity to steal the money once it presented itself, but that probably is enough to convict her on it's own because she still took money that wasn't hers. Though it was basically the only real crime she committed voluntarily.

But she's a Metahuman who's powers caused things in the city to go out-of-control, whether intentional or not, so I guess that's enough of an issue to warrant her arrest and incarceration (beyond the whole bank thing).

I don't think she deserves to be locked up at Iron Heights of all places, but I guess that's probably the only place they can hold Metas with their powers. I just hope her stay in prison doesn't turn her into the next Peek-a-Boo.

It really makes me mad what they did with Wally. Why bring him into the show in the first place, why give him super-powers? They never seemed to have a plan for the character's development. They just wasted the time of the actor and the audience, spinning their wheels and completely failing to give Wally the respect he deserves.
    They brought him in because he's Wally West and a major part of the Flash mythos, and it let them shakeup the family dynamic of the Wests and give the Flash a sidekick/protege, but past that they didn't seem to have any plans for the character or want to continue developing Barry and Wally's dynamic.

We were supposed to think that Barry was sad to see Wally go. But the way Grant Gustin played that scene, with a bit of a smirk--it seemed like Barry was secretly pleased to get rid of the guy. I never really believed that Barry loved Wally--the way that comic book Barry loves Wally.
    I never got that from Gustin in that scene, but I will agree Barry and Wally never became as close on this show as they were in the comics.

Or even as close as Ollie and Roy became, arguably.

I did like that hug though.

BANNED

The other thing I don't like is the Thinker. I shouldn't complain, given we didn't get another speedster villain this season--and in theory the Thinker is a good adversary. But I'm just not feeling it with this guy. He looks like they abducted him from the set of an Ingmar Bergman picture in the '80s and put him on the TNG set, strapped him to a chair, and dressed him up like a Borg under harsh blue lighting.
    what's wrong with that?

BANNED

This episode really was not that great. Where the hell was Harry's reaction to Barry and Caitlin being back? Something that big shouldn't happen off-screen. Also, how did he know that the particle accelerator was going to negate Hazard's powers? Either he's hiding something or the writers have yet again written some dumb plot contrivance that cannot and will not ever be explained.

Speaking of plot contrivances, Barry CLEARLY states in the first episode he doesn't remember anything from his amnesiac state and yet he remembers where he came out of the speed force?? Like you just stood on a random street corner and remembered something like that? But nothing else? I can't believe something like this made it into the show. Actually I can, this is pretty typical of the Flash.

Wtf is the point of sidelining Wally? Why? Why why why? And why in such a stupid way? "Every hero has his journey" oh bullshit Barry. He isn't going on a journey, he's bailing you guys because you're all a bunch of jerks who don't let him do anything. Barry sounded pleased to have him gone (it never seemed like Barry ever cared for Wally as he did in the comics) . Keiynan Lonsdale is still a series regular and will appear in the crossover, so hopefully this stupid plotline will be wrapped up soon.

Oh and how about that restaurant being the exact same set as Jitters? Hilarious

The show is entertaining but instead of writing something substantial and compelling, they write what is most convenient for them and don't take any time to go into detail or expand on things. It's ridiculous.

Realistically, Barry being knocked onto the ground by marbles shouldn't have stopped him from chasing Hazard. Literally all you have to do is walk around the marbles then chase the car again. Yes, I know there was a field generating bad luck so he probably wouldn't have caught her, but since Barry didn't know about that they could have shown him trying to nab the villain instead of giving up and heading to Star Labs. These shows man, anytime the villain gains the upper hand even briefly the heroes just give up and RTB to talk about what the villain might be planning next as if they weren't able to easily stop said villain if they hadn't bailed on the fight for no freaking reason.

I'm just sick of everything having to be "convenient" for the writer. They keep writing what's easy for them and it comes off as so damn lazy. They are LAZY writers. I just want this show to be good

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Interview with Todd Helbing about the new season.

Of note:

- Barry will get a "cool" new power this season.
    The power to not give a damn when Wally leaves? I find it hard to believe Gustin suddenly doesn't know how to convey the right emotion for a scene, that was deliberate direction.

- There will be some friction with Wally once Barry comes back since he was effectively the Flash while Barry was gone.
    Wait, was this episode it? Or was Helbing full of it?

- Ralph Dibny will be a private investigator with a "checkered past" with Barry.
    I'm guessing he'll be one of the 12 metas that was on the bus.

OMGosh at that opening . Barry and Cisco getting owned by little kids (maybe teenagers it was hard to tell how young they were) at lazertag after dramatically jumping out like they're fighting villains and Caitlin getting those extra shots off, and then the break up scene with Wells recalling what Jesse said.

Did i mention how much i love this series.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-25-2017 at 03:34 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm guessing he'll be one of the 12 metas that was on the bus.
    Didn't he get his powers from gum in the comics?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Didn't he get his powers from gum in the comics?
    Sorta. He chews an extract that was eventually explained as being his way of activating his own latent metagene. The extract itself doesn't do anything naturally to people and could even be poisonous to others in the comics if chewed too much.

Yeah if this were Wally's end I'd be pissed myself but it seems to be going somewhere. I'm assuming Jesse's not gone for long either I'm guessing this is just the easy way to have them both absent for the moment while they film or prepare for future episodes similar to how Caitlin would be absent for huge parts of earlier episodes so they could film/ prepare Killer Frost's scenes during the Zoom storyline.

Astonishing Member

Yeah at least we can't blame Team Flash for what can seem like gross use of imprisonment or sententcing.

I really do feel for Hazard though. I hope she gets to control her powers one day. She wasn't even particularly villainous.

I am surprised though that she's being analyzed by Thinker. Her powers seem the polar opposite of what someone like Thinker would want for a plan. Though Kilgore isn't all that off of that either since he controls tech and that seems to be Thinkers big asset at the moment. I do wonder how he'll rally them like he seems to be aiming to. I mean one seems like he'll be Elongated Man and barring him being a villain here he's pretty unlikely to work for a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    This episode really was not that great. Where the hell was Harry's reaction to Barry and Caitlin being back? Something that big shouldn't happen off-screen. Also, how did he know that the particle accelerator was going to negate Hazard's powers? Either he's hiding something or the writers have yet again written some dumb plot contrivance that cannot and will not ever be explained.

Speaking of plot contrivances, Barry CLEARLY states in the first episode he doesn't remember anything from his amnesiac state and yet he remembers where he came out of the speed force?? Like you just stood on a random street corner and remembered something like that? But nothing else? I can't believe something like this made it into the show. Actually I can, this is pretty typical of the Flash.

Wtf is the point of sidelining Wally? Why? Why why why? And why in such a stupid way? "Every hero has his journey" oh bullshit Barry. He isn't going on a journey, he's bailing you guys because you're all a bunch of jerks who don't let him do anything. Barry sounded pleased to have him gone (it never seemed like Barry ever cared for Wally as he did in the comics) . Keiynan Lonsdale is still a series regular and will appear in the crossover, so hopefully this stupid plotline will be wrapped up soon.

The show is entertaining but instead of writing something substantial and compelling, they write what is most convenient for them and don't take any time to go into detail or expand on things. It's ridiculous.

Realistically, Barry being knocked onto the ground by marbles shouldn't have stopped him from chasing Hazard. Literally all you have to do is walk around the marbles then chase the car again. Yes, I know there was a field generating bad luck so he probably wouldn't have caught her, but since Barry didn't know about that they could have shown him trying to nab the villain instead of giving up and heading to Star Labs. These shows man, anytime the villain gains the upper hand even briefly the heroes just give up and RTB to talk about what the villain might be planning next as if they weren't able to easily stop said villain if they hadn't bailed on the fight for no freaking reason.

I'm just sick of everything having to be "convenient" for the writer. They keep writing what's easy for them and it comes off as so damn lazy. They are LAZY writers. I just want this show to be good
    By the stars!!!

I'm glad i don't embrace and approach art and/or a series with this mindset and have the understanding and perspective that i do. So glad.

Enjoyed and appreciated every moment of the episode!!

If you truly "just want this show to be good" then the first thing you need to realize is that it's mainly about you and your perspective and go from there while breaking down the barriers of thinking you know things and are smart, etc... trust me, you're not smart and don't know, neither do i, and on and on and we are all minuscule -- the first step on the path to wisdom is realizing and understanding that you don't know. Starting inward and remaining there until the time this isn't necessary. Following this path the next episode still won't be good, maybe the next few after, but... a while patiently following this path and reflecting from within things are destined to change perspective and outward toward everything. Don't let it be said to the universe this pathway never existed as i have opened it on this day and all it doth require is those open minded, willing and humble enough to hear and accept it.

One day... you might even be able to enjoy and appreciate every moment of this episode too. Although don't expect that in short time. I've been on this path for a very long time, relatively and not.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-25-2017 at 06:38 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Retired

I hope they don't go the villain route with Ralph Dibny. But in the first Elongated Man story, Barry suspected that Ralph was a villain until he was proved wrong. It's probably best not to get ones hopes up, as this show will crush them.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 10-25-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Retired

One good thing about the ARROW crew, they work as a team in the field, so there's lots of action for all the characters, not just Oliver. This is what they could have done with Kid Flash and Jesee Quick--working with Flash and Vibe as a Flash team.

But I guess the impossible power levels of the Flash make that unlikely. Kid Flash and Jesse Quick always had to be sidelined, so the Flash could do his thing. This probably won't get much support, but I think there should be some handy kryptonite for speedsters. That way any one of them could be neutralized and they would have to work together to defeat the villain.

Cecile has got to be in her late 30s, early 40's right? Maybe even older? I wonder if they'll bring up the possible risks of her having another baby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I think Harry was so desperate in that situation that he just basically winged it and hoped for the best.

Like he said at the end, it was a "lucky guess."

Uh...maybe he read about it on the news and is just extrapolating memories from that ?

I really wish we had gotten a deeper relationship between Barry and Wally on this show.

It's always just felt a little hollow, particularly here.

I was wondering what they were going to turn the West family home set into since they were leaving, although I guess that's not happening...

I hope the series can keep on being fun and entertaining but get back to some better plotting for this season, especially as we go more in-depth with Thinker's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Sorta. He chews an extract that was eventually explained as being his way of activating his own latent metagene. The extract itself doesn't do anything naturally to people and could even be poisonous to others in the comics if chewed too much.

Yeah if this were Wally's end I'd be pissed myself but it seems to be going somewhere. I'm assuming Jesse's not gone for long either I'm guessing this is just the easy way to have them both absent for the moment while they film or prepare for future episodes similar to how Caitlin would be absent for huge parts of earlier episodes so they could film/ prepare Killer Frost's scenes during the Zoom storyline.
    One can hope...

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah at least we can't blame Team Flash for what can seem like gross use of imprisonment or sententcing.
    Well, Iron Heights at least beats the Pipeline (by virtue of being a legal means of holding people) .

Can Metas not make bail? Are they just instantly remanded to Iron Heights before trial?

I feel like Becky, given she had no priors, wasn't a violent criminal, and basically just took money out of an open bank, could probably have gotten herself bailed out of jail rather then ending up in prison.

Granted, with her good luck powers canceled out and that any money she had was probably confiscated upon her arrest, I guess she didn't have much of a chance of that anyways (besides, Thinker needs her in Iron Heights).
    I really do feel for Hazard though. I hope she gets to control her powers one day. She wasn't even particularly villainous.
    The most villainous thing she did, at least knowingly, was taking money out of a bank vault that was already open.

Even she seemed to understand what she did was wrong since she accepted that Flash had to arrest her at the end and didn't make a fuss about it.
    I am surprised though that she's being analyzed by Thinker. Her powers seem the polar opposite of what someone like Thinker would want for a plan. Though Kilgore isn't all that off of that either since he controls tech and that seems to be Thinkers big asset at the moment. I do wonder how he'll rally them like he seems to be aiming to. I mean one seems like he'll be Elongated Man and barring him being a villain here he's pretty unlikely to work for a villain.
    It seems like the Thinker was deliberately targeting the 12 Metas that got put on that bus given he was following them prior to their getting on and getting their powers, which he also planned on.

It's like he knew which powers they'd get and how they would ultimately serve his plans.

Although I guess the powers do make sense for the person to some degree.

Kilg%rre was a tech/app guy and he got the ability to control technology and Hazard was a bad-luck magnet who got the power to make her own good luck. I wonder if all the other bus Metas will follow suit?
    I hope they don't go the villain route with Ralph Dibny. But in the first Elongated Man story, Barry suspected that Ralph was a villain until he was proved wrong. It's probably best not to get ones hopes up, as this show will crush them.
    Barry called him a dirty cop in the preview for the next episode, so I wonder if Ralph was framed?

But I guess the impossible power levels of the Flash make that unlikely. Kid Flash and Jesse Quick always had to be sidelined, so the Flash could do his thing. This probably won't get much support, but I think there should be some handy kryptonite for speedsters. That way any one of them could be neutralized and they would have to work together to defeat the villain.
    The Kryptonite for Speedsters on this show is just standing around and doing nothing or just completely forgetting about their powers.

Retired

Which is why it would be better to have something like flubberite, a known substance that repels speedsters, so at least the writers would have an established excuse--rather than constantly inducing plot stupidity whenever they need to take out a speedster.

I wonder if Joe and Cecile's kid will end up being Daniel West?

Retired

Why is Joe living in his great uncle's house?