Page 533 of 827 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 12392

THAT was the one scene that had me grinning ear to ear. I even squeaked out loud, like a 6 yr old. My gf laughed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    I still can't get past what felt like a heel turn with Alchemy, who is eventually turned into ANOTHER member of the overstuffed Team Flash. Because what do you need on a team for a character that has never needed a team? MORE teammates!!!
    Team Flash doesn't bug me. If anything, I'd like to see it incorporated into the comics. Wells and Vibe at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I wonder if the creators plan on the show running long enough so they can hit that 2024 date in the newspaper...
    Smallville lasted ten years, Arrow is half of that. I think flash has a shot of getting there. Whether or not it will be worth watching is anyone's guess.

Spectacular Member

The best part of that finale was Cisco tricking Savitar and having the three Flashes run him down. After that, it was a bit of a mess. I also don't buy Barry would go that dark. This would have been better if this was Green Lantern and Hal became Parallex. Barry is just not this guy even if Iris was gone and the others rejected him. He wouldn't want to be a God. That is just stupid. I don't want next season about darksides unless he comes from Apokolips. I was praying the lightening was going to herald the coming of Anti-Monitor. Yet, no such luck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    All I could think of when I saw all that speed force lightning striking all over the place was "oh jesus that lightning is going to hit someone and create a new speedster".

I do have one thing to ask everyone. Did anyone else think Wally just became useless the last half of the season? The first half he was out having fun and enjoying his powers, but once they came back after the break he was just a totally different character. It was like he grew some hair and that sucked all the personality out of him. For as much as he did he might as well have not even been in the last half of the season.
    I thought the Speed Force storm from Rebirth

Retired

So if FLASH lasts as long as SMALLVILLE, who are the original cast members that survive into the final season? I guess Grant Gustin stays (although if he jumped they'd just replace him with another Flash, like Wally or Bart).

It's doubtful that Tom Cavanaugh or Jesse L. Martin would stay the whole ten years. Joe West seems likely to be killed off. Different versions of Wells can keep returning, but maybe Cavanaugh would be cut back to recurring status.

Iris is going to be killed off at some point. Caitlin is halfway out the door.

Cisco is good for his own spin-off series or maybe Valdes will get a movie deal--but in some ways he's the Chloe Sulivan and the John Diggle of the series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I wonder if the creators plan on the show running long enough so they can hit that 2024 date in the newspaper...
    I think it's much more likely that that newspaper is proof we have not seen the last of silly time travel in this series. But that's ok by me, because I'm not sticking around to watch any more of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think it's much more likely that that newspaper is proof we have not seen the last of silly time travel in this series. But that's ok by me, because I'm not sticking around to watch any more of it anyway.
    Then why are you still posting here.
    Last edited by Qwerty; 05-24-2017 at 06:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    And yet you continue to polute the thread with your toxic personality
    I think there are rules about personally-directed posts. Just saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    So if FLASH lasts as long as SMALLVILLE, who are the original cast members that survive into the final season? I guess Grant Gustin stays (although if he jumped they'd just replace him with another Flash, like Wally or Bart).

It's doubtful that Tom Cavanaugh or Jesse L. Martin would stay the whole ten years. Joe West seems likely to be killed off. Different versions of Wells can keep returning, but maybe Cavanaugh would be cut back to recurring status.

Cisco is good for his own spin-off series or maybe Valdes will get a movie deal--but in some ways he's the Chloe Sulivan and the John Diggle of the series.
    Why do you think iris will die?
    Think they'll introduce that Bronze Age love interest?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    The best part of that finale was Cisco tricking Savitar and having the three Flashes run him down. After that, it was a bit of a mess. I also don't buy Barry would go that dark. This would have been better if this was Green Lantern and Hal became Parallex. Barry is just not this guy even if Iris was gone and the others rejected him. He wouldn't want to be a God. That is just stupid. I don't want next season about darksides unless he comes from Apokolips. I was praying the lightening was going to herald the coming of Anti-Monitor. Yet, no such luck.
    I swear it was Crisis with those clouds turning red...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I swear it was Crisis with those clouds turning red...
    Definitely playing off the Crisis, and probably the closest we'll ever get to it on TV.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

Don't shows have to be like 8 seasons to be profitable?
    100 episodes is the target for syndication. It is after 100 episodes where networks start looking closely at the ratings decline of veteran shows. That mark is where producers, writing staff and such start keeping their options open. The advantage that CW has over other shows is that it owned by WB and WB gets all the profits. Quite a few network shows nowadays are co-owned... CBS/ABC, CBS/WB and such. Several of CBS' cancellations this past year were decided by the co-ownership profits.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 05-24-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Mighty Member

I think Gustin stays on for the full run for the same reason that Welling stayed. Welling has basically done nothing since Smallville ended... and he really doesn't have to. If an actor is a series regular on a network show for that long they will make A LOT of money and if smart won't have to work again. I doubt that he will be getting better opportunities elsewhere. I think seven seasons is tops for this show. Ratings have steadily dropped from last season. Although CW shows don't require high ratings... declining ratings will be noticed. There will be so many CW comic book shows by next year. I highly doubt that any of them make it as long as Smallville, Supernatural, or Vampire Diaries. The Berlanti comic shows all have the same feel and eventually the veteran shows will have to make room for newer shows.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 05-24-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Mighty Member

This show has a large cast of series regulars. When their contracts are up for renewal will have a big say on who comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Smallville lasted ten years, Arrow is half of that. I think flash has a shot of getting there. Whether or not it will be worth watching is anyone's guess.
    Smallville was the only comic show its time. These Berlantiverse writers don't seem suited for long extended runs. I highly doubt any of them go past 8 years much less 10.