Page 794 of 827 FirstFirst ... 294694744784790791792793794795796797798804 ... LastLast
Results 11,896 to 11,910 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's sad to me that Wally was apparently never in the running and no one thinks about him being the next Flash, although I guess by his last appearance Wally is too "zen" to think about being The Flash.
    It is sad, but in this case, it might be a case of Barry retiring as Flash because he's too old and the younger Bart needs to step in. There's not much of an age difference between Barry and Wally, so Wally would be close to retirement age as well.

Mighty Member

Nice to see Goldface again. I'll take a guess that his girlfriend will bust him out of jail.

How did the Flash succumb to gas? Couldn't he just run out? And why did it take him so long to break the bracelet off. Isn't that the first thing he should have done?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-16-2022 at 07:49 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I have to admit, Chester having a super-lunchbox with a cape that he flies around was kind of adorable.

Are ever going to meet Nana Runk?

I feel like this show greatly overestimates how many people actually care or like Kramer. Like, okay, it probably makes sense for Flash to have open channels with the police even when the police captain and DA aren't coincidentally his dad and step-mom, but it's just hard to really root for Kramer after her arc in the last season. Why is she even CCPD captain? Didn't she work for the governor and was just there to hunt down Frost and cure all criminal Meta's? Why was she automatically given Joe's job? I don't think that's how a proper chain of command works.

Ah, the return of "Level Up."

How long are they going to drag out this Chester and Allegra relationship arc? Since it's 100% obvious they're into each other and they're just delaying the inevitable at this point. Although Allegra helping with his livestream at STAR Labs like a lovely assistant was kind of cute.

Chester pretty on-point with how love interests usually work on this show in relation to inevitably finding out about and then joining Team Flash.

I guess it makes sense that Caitlin would date another doctor. Marcus seems nice and non-threatening enough to seem like a solid guy for Caitlin to date while being easy to fade into the background and thus avoid the fate of Caitlin's other love interests.

I don't know what was more cringe, Frostblaine karaoke or forcing a double date.

Caitlin straight up spitting out facts. Mark literally framed Frost for murder! He only turned over evidence to get himself out of prison, after Frost had already put him back in after he'd broken out. Frost has the emotional maturity and relationship experience of a teenager. How is Caitlin being framed as the bad guy here!? And Mark even stiffs her with his own bill.

I like that they had Goldface remember Barry as "The Chemist" and single him out.

"I won't betray the Metahumans of this city" - says the same woman who was so gung-ho about curing them last season. I know, I know, character development and she's one herself, it's just kind of funny to me.

Goldface and Amunet being surprising relationship goals. Also, they apparently see the same therapist as Barry and Iris did.

Goldface is way too high-brow for his own goons.

There's that Barry Allen ingenuity I love to see!

I was wondering if they had figured out away around Goldface's ability to control gold in regards to The Flash suit (what with the belt, ears, and now boots), but Barry just super-speeds them into custody when he can get the suit on.

I guess it makes sense Kramer would dress her office up with stuff from her tribe.

Barry really can't keep his secret identity around anyone, huh?

Looks like Iris isn't quite cured of her time sickness. Is she phasing in and out of time or jumping forward in time against her will? Also Joe mentioned Jenna, for anyone who cares.

I was....pleasently surprised by this episode! Especially after that dumpster fire from the previous week. Goldface was very entertaining, the Caitlin-Frost subplot was nice and I am very looking forward to Barry training Kramer!

Also, nice cliffhanger at the end. Keep it up Flash, maybe you can turn your show around after all ; )

Did anyone else not buy Flash's reasoning for why that power-cancelling bracelet didn't cancel Kramer's powers? They really tried to sell that quickly and move on before we had time to think about it. I get why they wanted to get Kramer to a place of embracing her powers, and I really liked Barry giving someone else an inspiring speech about using their powers, so I can overlook it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Did anyone else not buy Flash's reasoning for why that power-cancelling bracelet didn't cancel Kramer's powers? They really tried to sell that quickly and move on before we had time to think about it. I get why they wanted to get Kramer to a place of embracing her powers, and I really liked Barry giving someone else an inspiring speech about using their powers, so I can overlook it.
    The whole concept of the power dampening field, which both DC and Marvel use, makes zero sense. There is no logical explanation how that would work on every power. There are too many powers, with such varied origins, that the idea of a tech to nullify all of them is impossible.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That whole thing with Kramer being worried about her powers copying something dangerous reminded me of Alex and Kelly's kid in the last season of Supergirl.

You'd think it would just be more practical to wear Meta-Dampeners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The whole concept of the power dampening field, which both DC and Marvel use, makes zero sense. There is no logical explanation how that would work on every power. There are too many powers, with such varied origins, that the idea of a tech to nullify all of them is impossible.
    That part doesn't bother me so much in terms of the CWverse since most "metas" got their powers in kindof the same way, regardless of how their powers manifest. I can see how those dampeners might work on anyone who got their powers from the accelerator explosion or similar energy, but then fail to work on Superman or J'onn because their powers come from their alien physiology.

I think I'm kind of rooting for Goldface and Amunet to go the distance. Although Goldface is very dangerous and should probably be locked up, he's a great recurring villain.

I was hoping Flash would make a formal alliance with Kramer without revealing his identity to her, but this works too. Kramer putting two and two together after Barry's miraculous escape is good because otherwise Flash would have to be more careful while training her and we don't need more Flash hiding in the shadows and vibrating his voice.

I'm glad it seems that Iris is building some sort of story arc since she barely has any screentime these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Caitlin straight up spitting out facts. Mark literally framed Frost for murder! He only turned over evidence to get himself out of prison, after Frost had already put him back in after he'd broken out. Frost has the emotional maturity and relationship experience of a teenager. How is Caitlin being framed as the bad guy here!? And Mark even stiffs her with his own bill.
    This show has always seemed to run on the premise of "no harm, no foul" and "easily forgiven". Frost is in a good place, so no one should hold a grudge against Mark, and if Caitlin does, that makes her the bad guy. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but if we ignore their history, Caitlin doesn't come off in the best light trying to rain on the Chillfrost parade.

Whenever power-cancelling becomes DNA-suppressing or whatever, it becomes weird. I liked the pacing of this episode, though, and how Barry and Kramer had to work to get out of this situation, so it was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was hoping Flash would make a formal alliance with Kramer without revealing his identity to her, but this works too. Kramer putting two and two together after Barry's miraculous escape is good because otherwise Flash would have to be more careful while training her and we don't need more Flash hiding in the shadows and vibrating his voice.
    I missed that because at least then it seemed like Barry was actually making a real effort to maintain his secret identity compared to now.
    This show has always seemed to run on the premise of "no harm, no foul" and "easily forgiven". Frost is in a good place, so no one should hold a grudge against Mark, and if Caitlin does, that makes her the bad guy. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but if we ignore their history, Caitlin doesn't come off in the best light trying to rain on the Chillfrost parade.
    Oh yeah, remember when they sent off DeVoe's wife with a smile after she helped them despite the fact that she helped kill multiple people, put Barry in prison, and try to kill Iris? Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I like it when the Royal Flush Gang shows up.
    Is there a reason that the ARrowverse Royal Flush Gangs (the Arrow one and the Flash one) only have four members, rather than five (like a royal flush)? Do the writers not play poker?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Is there a reason that the ARrowverse Royal Flush Gangs (the Arrow one and the Flash one) only have four members, rather than five (like a royal flush)? Do the writers not play poker?
    Best guess would be to balance actor screen time and not having to pay an additional actor if bang for buck isn't there. Having a 5th member isn't adding much to the group dynamic and there are already too many actors on the Flash as-is.

Renewed for Season 9

https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2022/...-for-season-9/

It has now officially outlived Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Renewed for Season 9

https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2022/...-for-season-9/

It has now officially outlived Arrow.
    Man, it's really been almost 8 years since the show started, time sure does fly, feels like season 1 was just yesterday.(Huge exaggeration but still)

I do wonder how long they plan to go, could see them finishing it at 10 and matching Smallville, or they could pump out as many seasons as Grant and most of the cast are willing to do like Supernatural.