Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
I don't think the reason for Cicada's personality shift is down to Chris Klein's acting. His acting is probably on point and simply following the direction for the character. Now that we know Grace is the influencer, it makes sense why Cicada would act this way. We've seen Dwyer act differently in different situations and time frames. So I'm expecting it to all make sense when we get all the facts. I could be wrong, but I hope not.

Frankly, a lot of the mysterious villains--the Man in the Yellow Suit, Zoom, Dr. Alchemy, Savitar--have been stylized in their voice interpretation until the reveal when we knew who they really were. Even now Tom Cavanagh does things with his voice which could be laughable, if I wasn't used to that particular style for a Wells or a Thawne.

Orlin Dwyer worked for me in the last episode, because he had just the right amount of menace and unpredictably (either because of Grace or the pain from the dark matter or a combination of both) that I got real chills in those scenes with Iris. I didn't know what he was going to do and that scared me--in a way that Goldface never did. The suspense in the Iris scenes had me on the edge of my seat.
Yeah, to be fair, I've never had much of a problem with Klein in other things. De Niro he ain't but he was usually fine. It may well be the direction or just a very wrong choice on his part on how to play the character. Either way... bleugh.