Page 816 of 827 FirstFirst ... 316716766806812813814815816817818819820826 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,240 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Ok, so I know that Red Death is a Batman/Flash mashup, but hear me out. Hearing that Barry has had next to no interaction with Ryan, would it have been better to use someone Barry has an actual history with for Red Death? So that it would feel like more was at stake in trying to stop/save them? They could have brought back Cisco, or even bring in Sara, and use that as an opportunity to close the book on Legends as well? Or bring in Kara as Red Death, because Kara and Barry have such a strong friendship.

This isn't meant to be a knock against Ryan (shocking, I know). But using Ryan just feels like "Well, we NEED to use a Bat character, and this is the only one we have".
    Yeah, but that would require the writers thinking beyond "let's just throw in Batwoman" .

Mighty Member

I liked Joe's reason on why he wants to move his family out of Central City.

I guess if this is the last time Javicia Leslie is going to play the character, may as well let her go out saying all the famous Batman lines..."Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot," "I am vengeance...I am the night..." "You want crazy? Let's get crazy." Wonder if they'll fit in any more.

Chester is actually airing his relationship problems on his chatroom? His buddy even has a ship name for him and Allegra? And because we need to drag this romance arc on even longer, right when Allegra feels like she's ready to talk about their relationship...Chester says it's not the right time. Because this is the drama the audience is coming for.

Baby Jenna!? Wow. Although I guess it has been 4-5 years since she'd been born.

Oh yeah, probably not a lot of Meta Law she can practice outside Central City. Then again Cecile's been depicted as a pretty terrible lawyer whenever we see her actually doing her job, so...

"I came to talk" - because Barry is a master of the Speech Force, not Speed Force.

I'm disappointed they brought back Rainbow Raider and didn't give him a comic-accurate costume. They went to the trouble with Captain Boomerang and Murmur. Although, yeah, kind of a justified grievance with being stuck in the Pipeline. I'm surprised that didn't come up more.

Khion still doesn't feel that distinct enough from Caitlin to the point where it feels like they couldn't just have had normal Caitlin involved in the plot. I guess she throws in more comments about the Earth and acts a little childish but there is so much better use for Caitlin than this.

No wonder Red Death is more hardcore Batman than normal Ryan Wilder Batwoman. She was literally adopted by the Waynes (which means her being Wayne Enterprise CEO actually makes more sense in that timeline) in a world where Bruce didn't exist. And then she did the evil Batman thing of going excessive on stopping crime and stealing powers from her League teammate. Although not only did she fight Hush and her brother (and didn't redeem him) but Simon Hurt? Wow. That's a Morrison pull.

The idea that the Speed Force would kick Ryan out for having artificial speed just amuses me to no end.

Barry has more compassion than I would in that situation trying to get through to Mark...though I guess he does have a point that Frost tried to kill the team and help Savitar do close to the same thing back in season 3.

"I don't need my telepathy" - For once Cecile, for once!!!

Once again Barry is powerless and has to let the supporting cast or supporting Rogues do the work for him. Though I guess he got through to Mark to be able to wreck the Cosmic Treadmill and stop Red Deaths' plan.

I'm sorry, I just can't take Superhero Cecile seriously. She looks so ridiculous with her powers and who is asking for her to become a full Superhero? Let me guess, she's going to take Jenna's picture as an inspiration for her eventual costume, because we obviously need that on this show.

We never saw Mark's body, so...then again we left off on him getting stabbed by two people, so not sure if his chances are great. Though maybe he'll see Frost in the afterlife?

Man, Javicia really hamming it up at the end there. I guess if you're going to play a comic book Supervillain, you have to act like a comic book Supervillain.

Incredible Member

I genuinely loved this episode...can't remember the last time I was truly into one! Minus the Chester-Allegra part, of course.

To bring up relationship talk during a crisis just makes her come across as an airhead, even more than the new Snow. That scene would have been better if she had just said "Chuck, when this is all over I'm ready to talk about us" and him replying "You bet. I can't wait!" and kept it moving from there.

But I guess "the kiss" did happen during a crisis, too, so maybe the only time she has strong feelings about them is when the sky is falling?

And, yeah, I got fooled by the Bat-armor reveal of no head - I was starting to think there were 2 Ryans. Although, there technically should be - where is the Ryan of the actual timeline? I'm guessing it will be revealed next episode. So far, they only said she went on patrol and disappeared.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    I genuinely loved this episode...can't remember the last time I was truly into one! Minus the Chester-Allegra part, of course.

To bring up relationship talk during a crisis just makes her come across as an airhead, even more than the new Snow. That scene would have been better if she had just said "Chuck, when this is all over I'm ready to talk about us" and him replying "You bet. I can't wait!" and kept it moving from there.

But I guess "the kiss" did happen during a crisis, too, so maybe the only time she has strong feelings about them is when the sky is falling?

And, yeah, I got fooled by the Bat-armor reveal of no head - I was starting to think there were 2 Ryans. Although, there technically should be - where is the Ryan of the actual timeline? I'm guessing it will be revealed next episode. So far, they only said she went on patrol and disappeared.
    Hopefully she's not dead, though I have to say, as a longtime fan of transforming heroes in the style of Power Rangers/Super Sentai or Kamen Rider, I really dug Red Death's "armor up" sequence once she realized Iris wasn't going to willingly cooperate with her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hopefully she's not dead, though I have to say, as a longtime fan of transforming heroes in the style of Power Rangers/Super Sentai or Kamen Rider, I really dug Red Death's "armor up" sequence once she realized Iris wasn't going to willingly cooperate with her.
    Yeah, the armor suit up was cool! Ironman-style on a CW budget!

Probably why the 2 sets of rogues didn’t fight in the last ep - they had to use the money for bat effects!

The only thing I'm enjoying about all this is how Ryan keeps spouting Batman lines - it's a fun meta-gimmick.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The only thing I'm enjoying about all this is how Ryan keeps spouting Batman lines - it's a fun meta-gimmick.
    Yes, very fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

She just needs to ask Barry if he's ever danced with the Devil in the pale moon light.... and something about rhubarb.

Astonishing Member

So either there are no other heroes on Red Death's Earth or the Flash is the only person worth copying? No Kryptonian tech. Nothing from Atom, Black Lightning, Team Arrow, Frost ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    So either there are no other heroes on Red Death's Earth or the Flash is the only person worth copying? No Kryptonian tech. Nothing from Atom, Black Lightning, Team Arrow, Frost ...
    She mentioned the League. I assume she just thought Barry's would be the most effective.

It's how all the Dark Multiverse Bats worked. They all took inspiration or powers from one member of the Big Seven.

So, both Candace and Danielle have posted to their Instagrams about their last day of filming. Love the Arrowverse or hate it, this truly is the end of an era.

Javicia is really hamming it up as Red Death, could use a bit more sublety.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Javicia is really hamming it up as Red Death, could use a bit more sublety.
    Yeah, it's really jarring coming from her acting in Batwoman where she felt more natural.

Before it's all over, I'd love one scene of the JLA at the table just having a meeting or a chat/debrief. Maybe Gleek shows up just hanging around, and some indication that the adventures will continue...