Page 820 of 827 FirstFirst ... 320720770810816817818819820821822823824 ... LastLast
Results 12,286 to 12,300 of 12392

-- I can't describe how bad the cringey bar scene was to me. By that, I mean when the patrons were all cringing to Chillame's lines. I get the bad rom-com vibe they think they were going for, but it was just SO poorly executed I thought for a second if they were also caught in a bad dream. I blame the director I guess... the over the top faces from the extras being so suddenly involved with their relationship was.... it was just so bad!

-- It'll obviously never happen now, but I would've loved a well-written "crossover of the lady reporters" going after the same story starring Kara, Lois and Iris. Maybe throw in Cisco's girlfriend too as a wild card.

-- So I guess rather than write stories involving Flash lore, they're just going to name-drop as many people as they can?(it was silly that Iris named every person in brunch club to someone who was there) Nice that the League exists... what are the odds we'll see them?

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Agree - there shouldn't be any fillers. But IMHO, think showrunners believed last season would be it and when given the greenlight for 1 more had to scramble to figure out a story to tell.

Arrow had a lot of growth and Oliver's journey, as an individual and part a team, evolved quite a bit from beginning to end. Paying tribute to that in the final season just made sense.

A season-long tribute wouldn't work on the Flash. I just don't think any of the Flash characters have grown in the same manner as Arrow.

But we really only have one more filler story to go before we ramp up to the final arc!
    This season definitely isn't helping matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- I can't describe how bad the cringey bar scene was to me. By that, I mean when the patrons were all cringing to Chillame's lines. I get the bad rom-com vibe they think they were going for, but it was just SO poorly executed I thought for a second if they were also caught in a bad dream. I blame the director I guess... the over the top faces from the extras being so suddenly involved with their relationship was.... it was just so bad!

-- It'll obviously never happen now, but I would've loved a well-written "crossover of the lady reporters" going after the same story starring Kara, Lois and Iris. Maybe throw in Cisco's girlfriend too as a wild card.

-- So I guess rather than write stories involving Flash lore, they're just going to name-drop as many people as they can?(it was silly that Iris named every person in brunch club to someone who was there) Nice that the League exists... what are the odds we'll see them?
    Feels like not only The Flash but the Arrowverse is getting a poor sendoff.

It was cool to see Nia again and explore the lore behind her powers further, but this episode didn't do a whole lot for Iris. And there was nothing for Barry to do. He didn't even use super speed when he ran to Iris' side. I liked hearing him talk about all his allies he can contact. Are Kara, J'onn, and Brainy off world together or on different worlds with different missions?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Were those extras...part of the crew or something? Friends and family of the show? I'm surprised so many of them got lines.

Sure, it was a filler, but I liked it, had many nice character moments. And good (but also sad) to see Nia one final time.

Mighty Member

Felt that Lady Chronos was kind of cool.

In a vacuum I don't think I'd dislike this episode but I really have to wonder how necessary it was from the standpoint of this being the final season of The Flash. I mean, we've literally gone three episodes without Barry putting on the suit once. Three episodes where The Flash doesn't actually appear in the show named after him (although his name got bandied out a lot in this one at least). And the main thrust of the episode was basically Iris expressing something she's unhappy about again which I thought we had already addressed in an earlier episode. Obviously it looks like things will pick up in the next, but this feels like the writers had no firm or clear idea of what to do to make The Flash's final season special so they just did...whatever in the middle.

I always love seeing the Flash Museum. I question keeping a bunch of dangerous weapons in said museum but it seems like STAR Labs' security is actually effective for once.

Is Nora's crib colored like her Speedster colors?

So we're repeating another "Caitlin Variant begins a relationship with Caitlin's mom" storyline. Obviously the mom doesn't seem too worked up that she lost Caitlin and her first daughter is dead because she has Khione now which is basically how everybody other than Mark has reacted. Because who really cares about Caitlin? I guess I'm just glad we didn't waste too much time on it.

It's been 9 years and STAR Labs hasn't had a single inspection?

So Barry outs himself to four complete rando's. I know they reset things so I guess they didn't remember (although there seemed to be some ambiguity as to whether they still remembered or not) but still. If you count the amount of times Barry has revealed himself because it's the only way the show has to make people trust him...I think you'd need more than two hands.

If you had told me one of the biggest sub-plots of the final season of The Flash would be the relationship progress of Challegra, I would not believe you. It's not that I dislike the characters or the pairing per se, but it feels like they beat around the bush so long that they're focusing so much on it that could've happened way sooner so the season could focus on other things. If the writers actually cared about other things, I guess.

Well, here's characters in fancy period outfits. Felt like a riff on Legends. Iris really rocked that dress though.

What a surprise! The character who indicated she had no idea what she was doing and immediately accused Iris was the culprit all along! And it was a gender-swapped Chronos to boot, which is pretty on-brand for the show at this point. She did look pretty good in that leather outfit, admittedly. Hard to feel sorry for her getting arrested after fixing the mess she caused though, especially when she seemed pretty unpleasant and unrepentant.

How much actual fighting has Flash done this season?

Although you know what would've been cool? Chronos is an Atom villain so this would've been a great chance to bring Ray back. Or even Ryan Choi. Maybe just casually drop what happened to the Legends.

I like how the guy she replaced had an eyepatch because seemingly everyone on that inspection team was meant to be super quirky. Though did they not all know each other prior to this? Because they would've recognized Lady Chronos as a fake immediately otherwise.

Okay we get it. Khione has some kind of nature powers. How long are we going to drag this out?

Gotta admit, seeing Ollie and Wally again in the preview hit me hard.

Sooo, who else is mad we're gonna have to wait 3 weeks for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

At least now it feels like a proper final season.

I have been having fun with these Barry and Iris adventure episodes, but this one was missing a few elements. Barry wasn't in costume, and there wasn't much of a huge Flash-speed-trick-saves the day moment. Also it was super obvious which inspector wasn't meant to be there, and it was weird neither Barry nor Iris thought about it until later.

Chester and Allegra's subplots just keep hitting the same beats. They both obviously like each other and want to take their relationship to the next level. One of them makes a move towards it, and the other becomes shy about it and creates an awkward moment. Then after they talk it over, they realize the shyness/kneejerk reaction was unwarranted and they get over their issue and have a stronger relationship. It's dull, and in this case they did have the potential for a bigger emotional beat concerning Allegra's loved ones. But they just move past it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although you know what would've been cool? Chronos is an Atom villain so this would've been a great chance to bring Ray back. Or even Ryan Choi. Maybe just casually drop what happened to the Legends.
    That would have been cool. Lady Chronos had a great look. And Ryan may be the Arrowverse character with the most wasted potential (although there are lots of contenders for that honor).

The Chester/Allegra stories just go from one badly written teen drama scenario to another. Can anyone on the staff write how an actual adult would act in these situations?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

This is how the show should end.
    The first 5 episodes should've been 3 with Red Death and the others ways to conclude Legends of Tomorrow, maybe a proper Batgirl wrap up episode. A Stargirl tie-in that fills a gap with her shows timejump conclusion(due to being rushed). A stronger Supergirl crossover that had Martian Manhunter as well as Dreamer. So many missed opportunities. Hell, I'd even take a Naomi tie-in episode.

I finally saw last weeks episode with Lady Chronos today and we don't even get Barry in the costume. Also, for a couple having a child they sure do peck kiss on the cheek a lot. A LOT. That doesn't jive with me as a happy couple. Peck kiss on the lips at minimum after getting your favorite organic vanilla bean ice cream, sheesh.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Really liked this recent episode. Loved hearing Oliver's " you have failed this city " one last time.

I had honestly completely forgotten Barry had been physically de-aged enough to where he could hit the big 3-0 again, but I guess that does set up a "celebratory" episode while also ruminating on the past.

It's great to see Wally again...though it also makes it more noticeable who isn't there like Joe (other than flashbacks), Cisco (who hasn't even been mentioned this season), or Ralph (who everyone treats like he never existed). Or a Wells.

Is Kramer really close enough to Barry that she deserves to be at his birthday party? I mean, he had a lot of history with Singh by comparison. Though it was kind of funny of her talking about "bias" knowing what she used to be like.

I get the point of the gift, but it feels weird to give Ollie's bow to Barry instead of one of his family. Well, Mia ends up with it in the future, but it feels like it should be reserved for her.

Cecile and Kramer are not joining the list of great singers on Team Flash.

They finally address the whole "Allegra doesn't have a mask" thing with Chester's locket, though she's barely done any hero work this season and didn't seem to care about publicly exposing her identity, so it feels a bit like an afterthought.

Ramsay was Wallace's most successful villain, so unsurprisingly he's the center of probably one of the best episodes of this season. Like, chewing the scenery and having the time of his life as always, yet you just can't help but believe him just weee tiny bit despite how deranged and insane he is.

What is it with this show and babies in the womb giving their moms powers?

The last temptation of Wally West. I guess it's easy to forget what Wally had to deal with growing up or how much he might still resent Barry since it was so many seasons ago, but it did lead to a pretty touching moment between Barry and Wally and Flash and Kid Flash helping stop Bloodwork, like in in the comics.

Flash Fact! In all these seasons I think this is the first time they've had Barry actually say that.

Oof. It hit hard seeing Frost's corpse and Caitlin again. This really just puts it into perspective how much the show dropped the ball on handling Caitlin's death, especially since this is the first time we've seen her all season.

Deux Ex Khion. She's supposed to be some Frost Nature Goddess now?

There he is! The man, the myth the legend...the one who started it all. You couldn't end the Arrowverse without bringing Oliver Queen back, and Amell hasn't missed a step. Just seeing Barry and Ollie together again on-screen was just a joy to watch, and Barry finding out the Multiverse exists again.

Barry brings up all the people Ollie kind of cheated to bring back...though, y'know, he didn't bring back Laurel either. Just saying. But as tough as it is to outlive loved ones, sometimes you just need to live with that loss and keep moving forward.

The suit! The voice! The Bow! The music! GREEN ARROW IS BACK!!! We even got a patented Arrow fight scene of Ollie beating up a swat team like they're nothing!

I was wondering if they'd use Bloodwork's CG comic-accurate form. I mean, they still had the CG model, so why not!

You couldn't have Diggle in this episode without having him shoot Bloodwork with an RPG and finally get the goodbye with Ollie he was denied in Crisis. Like, seriously, Diggle wasn't there at any of Ollie's deaths. It was great to see these two together.

As cool as it was to see John, Ollie, Barry, and Wally all together...I wish Wally could've met Roy.

Ending on a Barry and Ollie bar scene, as is tradition. Although Ollie hasn't been a billionaire by any stretch of the imagination since the end of season 2 of Arrow.

Looks like we're going back to the night of Nora's death again!? With OG!Thawne!?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ending on a Barry and Ollie bar scene, as is tradition. Although Ollie hasn't been a billionaire by any stretch of the imagination since the end of season 2 of Arrow.

Looks like we're going back to the night of Nora's death again!? With OG!Thawne!?
    When Barry asked Oliver "Aren't you a billionaire?", I loved his reply: "You can't take it with you."

Back to Barry and Diggle- how much time has passed in the Arrowverse since Oliver died? And how old was William? I felt like he was in middle school in Season 6 (I may be mis-remembering), and Mia should still just be a baby. But now Wiliam is in college, and Mia is mastering the salmon ladder?

As for Barry and OG Thawne next week, well, take a shot for every Barry you see in that house. You'll be drunk in no time. That said, I do feel like they needed to do it, to close that loop. And it would have been terrible to do it in the final episode and end the whole series on a down note. So do it now, and have some big blow-out battle on the final episode. Plus, any excuse for Barry to interact with the OG Thawne, who was the ONLY Thawne he should have been interacting with since season 2.

Did this episode have tons of fanservice? Sure.
    Was a lot of it cheesy? You betcha.

Did I still love it? Heck yeah.