Page 823 of 827 FirstFirst ... 323723773813819820821822823824825826827 LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,345 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You just know they wanted to, but weren't allowed by DC because of the mythical Green Lantern show that's been in development hell for years now.

The sad thing is, if they had just left it how it was at the end of Arrow, that would have been cool. We could all imagine Diggle's adventures as a new Green Lantern. But they decided to bring him back in multiple shows, and to do that they had to show why he WASN'T a Green Lantern, thus making his scene in the Arrow finale pointless. All to probably set up a show that, we now know, will not be happening (at least on the CW).
    And all that build up for him to basically say "no, I'd rather just be with my family."

Imagine if they didn't do that "Diggle crossover" (they still could've had him in S&L since that's a different earth) and instead brought him back for Ollie's Flash episode to reveal him as a GL in that episode? (John and Ollie fighting side by side with their respective upgrades) ... I never liked the idea of Diggle as GL, but that would've been cool.

Incredible Member

No Cisco in the finale. Kinda disappointing. They were able to truly bring things full circle, including actors of seasons past, in Arrow but weren't able to capture that for Flash.

https://www.cbr.com/the-flash-series...carlos-valdes/

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    No Cisco in the finale. Kinda disappointing. They were able to truly bring things full circle, including actors of seasons past, in Arrow but weren't able to capture that for Flash.

Couldn't even get a video cameo ?

What I find weird about that is that Katrina Law was able to get a few days off to fly in from Hawaii to film a 5 minute cameo with the cast on Arrow. So, yeah, Carlos couldn't manage that?

It's weird to have a final season of The Flash without Cisco or Caitlin, and the latter is all down to the writing. I mean, does anybody really care about Khione?

Okay, they cheaped out with making the cast look older in 2049. Shouldn't Cecile be, like, in her 70's? Still, I did like the Flash Museum and Team Flash continuing to operate while Flash is an active member of the Justice League. Space Justice League!

Blonde Nora as Eddie's alternate daughter? Uh...sure. I am so glad they got Cosnett back for this. He is really killing it, and I love the use of this version of "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues".

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Cecile ends up saving Barry. I guess that's par for the course. Even pulled a Dr. Strange move.
    That was funny. Not the first time they shamelessly ripped off the MCU.

Even the ending is telegraphed - high probability that Eddie will sacrifice himself again to save everyone being overcome by negative speed force avatars, thereby giving him purpose and not dying a "nobody" again. And, of course, Iris gives birth to baby Nora and everyone will be around to cheer the event. Fade to black.

Spend about 20 minutes on the Cobalt Blue part and the next 20 wrapping up personal moments: Alegra/Chester, Joe/Cecille, Goddess/Mark and finally giving birth to Nora (while probably bringing back "Big" Nora, too).
    I want Jay to say "Our adventures are not over". Wait, didn't they mention Max Mercury? Is he ever going to be relevant or was that just a throwaway line?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, Speed Force constructs were Wally West's thing in the comics, given that when his legs were broken, he made what was effectively a full-body cast out of Speed Force energy until he properly healed, and later on, he'd use the Speed Force to generate his Flash suit.
    The Speed Force itself was Wally's thing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Okay, they cheaped out with making the cast look older in 2049. Shouldn't Cecile be, like, in her 70's? Still, I did like the Flash Museum and Team Flash continuing to operate while Flash is an active member of the Justice League. Space Justice League!

Blonde Nora as Eddie's alternate daughter? Uh...sure. I am so glad they got Cosnett back for this. He is really killing it, and I love the use of this version of "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues".

That was funny. Not the first time they shamelessly ripped off the MCU.

I want Jay to say "Our adventures are not over". Wait, didn't they mention Max Mercury? Is he ever going to be relevant or was that just a throwaway line?

The Speed Force itself was Wally's thing.
    Good point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oh my freaking god, I just cannot get over the fact how lazy the make-up artists are. Can't they make the Future Versions look at least a DAY older? It's like there's a Fountain of Youth for everybody in the future.....

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oh my freaking god, I just cannot get over the fact how lazy the make-up artists are. Can't they make the Future Versions look at least a DAY older? It's like there's a Fountain of Youth for everybody in the future.....
    Maybe there is...Maybe the speed force has slowed their aging to a crawl...
    Though I find it funny in a storyline with time travel, alternate timelines, super speed and bringing people back from the dead, it's the fact that people don't look like they aged as the one thing that makes it unbelievable and you can no longer suspend belief...

Mighty Member

I really want to see the new speedster now.

Incredible Member

Well, the best word to properly describe the finale is "meh".

Hindsight, it was for the best not to have Cisco back for it.

They brought back the original intro for one last go-around!

Eddie through the Negative Speed Force has brought back The Flash's most iconic villains. Reverse-Flash! Zoom! Savitar! Oh, and Godspeed is there too I guess. As fun as it is getting to watch these major villains finally interact with one another and trying to out-evil each other, the one thing that brings them together is their shared hatred of Barry Allen. And united under Eddie as Cobalt Blue, they are the Legion of Zoom! Brought together to finally kill The Flash once and for all!

"Guest Starring Tobin Bell as the voice of Savitar" and right when he actually appears!

I really wish we had a better or more interesting Team Flash lineup to go against the Legion of Zoom. Like no Vibe, Elongated Man, Frost, Kid Flash, etc...it just doesn't feel as powerful when they're trying to still sell Cecile, Allegra, and Chillame.

Virture really out there doing her best discount Jean Grey. At least they just had her fighting Godspeed, which is about right on several levels.

I guess Nora has as much compunction about killing an evil version of her dad as Iris did. Felt like Savitar deserved a better fight though.

Wellosbard just couldn't resist sitting in his chair one last time or trying to kill the Team Flash tech guy. I'm not sure Allegra felt right to be able to take Thawne out though. And then she and Chester are making out while he's unconscious. Just weird.

We didn't get Cisco (except in Chesters' flashback, I think?) but it felt right that Singh was there in the end.

They did Zoom dirty. There's no personal connection with Khione like there would be with Caitlin (or even Frost, really), and Khione is so overpowered Hunter doesn't even get a real fight.

Ha! I love just imagining Jay and Earth-90 Flash teaming-up.

Man, Eric Wallace really likes his Speed Constructs. Was that a Speed Lance? Or their new take on the Speed Lightsaber?

Khione out here lecturing Barry on how to resolve everything like she isn't a character that just showed up this season.

I guess it's a testament to Eric Wallace's era of The Flash that the final fight is basically Barry getting wailed on until he gets through to Eddie using the Speech Force. So now Eddie is at peace with himself, and Iris being with Barry, and will remain the Negative Speed Force avatar to keep it in check and do...nothing, I guess? Still, it's nice to see Eddie shaking hands with Barry and being at peace.

Thank goodness this show ended before they tried to turn Chester into a Superhero, though it was fun to see them finally call him "Chunk." Also, did he namedrop Dwayne McDuffie?

Timeless Wells! This season has been Wells-less so it was nice to see both original Wells in one episode.

Baby Nora is born! And of course the future version is there! And even gets to hold her!

I'm glad Joe was back for the finale even if it's a bummer he never got to react to any of the Eddie stuff. But he did get to serenade Baby Nora, so there is that.

Khione was such a random plot point, but at least we got Caitlin back. I also respect that they didn't bring back Frost too.

Oh yeah, Joe and Cecile weren't officially married? I guess we needed that? Will Bart sing at their wedding too?

We couldn't get Cisco or Ralph or anybody else back but we had Iris' two other reporters there at the party because...we needed people. Well, Joan made sense and you couldn't really end it without Michelle Harrison.

I thought Barry was going to narrate the entire show to Baby Nora.

So Barry's solution to solving all the problems is...giving a bunch of random people Speed? I guess because we needed to check off the remaining Speedsters including Kid Quick who is relatively recent? I mean, it's nice to see Avery and Max and I guess maybe Wallace planned to have Barry teaming-up with all these Speedsters in a follow up or something but it felt really unnecessary.

I guess at least we got to end on The Flash racing through the city, one last time.

Meh is right.
    The world should know who Barry Allen is.
    Team Flash in the end was underwhelming. Cobalt Blue was a lost Power Ranger. Meh.
    You don’t want to kill me. You’re good and I see it. You know. I am Good. You’re so right. Let’s be friends.
    Next Barry will convince people these are not the Droids.
    Sad to see it go when it started with so much promise and then got mired down in meh-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Meh is right.
    The world should know who Barry Allen is.
    Team Flash in the end was underwhelming. Cobalt Blue was a lost Power Ranger. Meh.
    You don’t want to kill me. You’re good and I see it. You know. I am Good. You’re so right. Let’s be friends.
    Next Barry will convince people these are not the Droids.
    Sad to see it go when it started with so much promise and then got mired down in meh-ness.
    And they really wasted the villains they brought back.