Page 100 of 827 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 12392
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Is Rainbow Raider a Green Lantern character or foe?
    Rainbow Raider was a Flash rogue, created by Cary Bates and Don Heck in 1980. In case no one gets the name Roy G. Bivolo--a common way to remember the colours of the spectrum is the anagram Roy. G. Biv (red, orange, yellow, greeen. blue, indigo, violet). In the comics Roy wanted to be an artist, but he was colour blind. In THE FLASH TV episode, we see paintings at his hangout which looks like an art studio, so maybe Rainbow Raider is a frustrated artist.

The emotion thing was something the original Raider did with special spectacles. No relation to Green Lantern.

But it was the way that Caitlin explained the emotional spectrum as if it's real science that reminded me of the whole emotional spectrum in the Green Lantern comics. I find it kind of annoying to say all of that is science. I have no problem with things like AMETHYST, PRINCESS OF GEMWORLD because that doesn't pretend to be grounded in science. But I don't like it when the Green Lantern writers try to pass off this rainbow stuff as legitimate science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Upcoming promo? Will that be up later today, this week, or next? Understand why it's be an Arrow promo after The Flash this time, for Part 2 of the crossover, but would like one for The Man In The Yellow Suit, very much, even if my main excitement is more crossover, rather than stuff to do with Malcolm, Reverse-Flash, Ras', etc.
    I am guessing it will be up by this weekend...since it is next week's episode.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Seems like I was wrong. The promo is already here:

Reverse Flash Speaks!

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

The "Flash vs Arrow" episode has a superpower of its own: the ability to make grown men feel like giddy schoolchildren.

Astonishing Member

omg, better than the avengers. DC ftw

Incredible Member

Haven't seen part two of the crossover yet although it was on tonight and most of my observations on part one have already been touched on but here are just a few. I loved this episode, it was nonstop grins and laughs- every second it seemed had something good packed in right down to Felicity slipping in a "Happy Hannukah!" A little gratuitous though with her shirt coming off, and I did think it was over the top and harsh of Oliver to actually shoot Barry in the back with actual arrows as a training exercise. Yeah he heals fast, but accidentally impale his heart from the back and he dies.

Wonder why Roy didn't come along to Central City.

Wasn't expecting Oliver's fling to show up, and just for a second when she did I went- wtf, what's Selina Kyle from Dark Knight Rises doing here? I know that's silly, but there seriously was quite a resemblance. Can't wait for Connor to show up (if that's who the kid is).

And finally Firestorm! He looked awesome, but odd that it's only his head and hands that flame up or that his clothes don't burn if it's actually his whole body flaming underneath. Or maybe they do, I guess they did only show him for a few seconds. An inevitable comparison to Nick Cage as Ghost Rider did creep into my brain just for a moment, but Ronnie doesn't turn into a skeleton. I hope he's not a villain or at least that Barry can guide him away from becoming one. Too many metas are just automatically using their powers for no good.

I remember when everyone was anticipating Barry's introduction on Arrow I was looking forward to a jaw-dropping double-take from Ollie the first time he saw the Flash run, and it never came. But now we got it from Diggle so that made me smile. On to part two!

It was great, It was like reading both comics. Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    And finally Firestorm! He looked awesome, but odd that it's only his head and hands that flame up or that his clothes don't burn if it's actually his whole body flaming underneath. Or maybe they do, I guess they did only show him for a few seconds. An inevitable comparison to Nick Cage as Ghost Rider did creep into my brain just for a moment, but Ronnie doesn't turn into a skeleton. I hope he's not a villain or at least that Barry can guide him away from becoming one. Too many metas are just automatically using their powers for no good.
    It feels like there's another spinoff in the works. Which would be more feasible: The Atom or Firestorm?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Seems like I was wrong. The promo is already here:

Reverse Flash Speaks!

Wow, that looks like it's gonna be an incredible episode. I can't wait to see it.

BANNED

Just saw the second part of the cross over on Arrow, and I think that's it. I'm done. I can't take it anymore. Gustin's immaturity and clownishness is just beyond obnoxious. It’s in the realm of pathetic. I could sort have dealt with his being new at the business. But it seems that his default set point is to act like a child. This is not the behaviour of a 20 something adult male. Colton Haynes as Arsenal better reflects the behaviour of a 20 something guy living in North America. It’s the kind of behaviour I myself have witnessed in my interactions with 20 something males. Not Grant Gustin’s man-child like behaviour. In fact My 16 year old niece has more maturity than Gustin’s version of Barry Allen.

I honestly don’t understand how any adult male with half a dose of self-respect can behave so buffoonish. I honestly laughed out loud when Oliver introduced him to Captain Lance and Laurel as being Bart Allen. Because that’s who I thought he is Bart Allen, Impulse. Childish, impulsive with no attempt at self control.

If this kind of thing floats you guys boat. Fine. But part of the appeal for me in reading and collecting comics for several years is not the power set of the hero or heroine. But how the character chooses to conduct him or herself. And I would prefer to watch or read a story about a someone who at least attempts to behave with some maturity, class and dignity. Than someone who is intent on behaving like child and not like a grown up. The CW version of The Flash show is an insult to one of the finest men in comic books, I hope to all that’s holy that this farcical interpretation of ‘The Flash’ never makes it into the book.

Note: Someone send me a PM when the Gustin does a cameo on ‘The Big Bang Theory’. Because that’s where he belongs.
    Last edited by Mia; 12-04-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    It feels like there's another spinoff in the works. Which would be more feasible: The Atom or Firestorm?
    How about a buddy show with both? Call it "The Nuclear Men."

Loved seeing everyone together. Plus, it's always nice to see that two females can be in one room and not be written as being 'b*tchy' towards each other.
    Interesting turn to the whole Flash/Iris thing. Hopefully, it takes more than just one episode for the riff to be fixed.

I don't want to start anything, though this post probably will anyway, but I don't think it's fair to say that Barry's behavior is not that of a 20-something male. I think he comes across as semi-mature, when he's not having his outbursts of fanboyism, but I suppose that's what happens when you have super speed and deal with other people who have powers. At the end of the day, I feel, everyone in every age group is bound to act differently.

(Making sure to put the obligatory "in my opinion".)

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Retired

Grant Gustin was on GLEE and 90210--I haven't watched either series, but I'm guessing he was cast for the kind of characters he played on those shows. If they wanted a different kind of Barry, then they would have cast a different actor. So I can't really blame Gustin for playing to expectations.

Stephen Amell has grown on me over the three years of ARROW and I think his Oliver Queen has more depth now. So maybe the same will happen for Barry. I was happy to see Iris turn on the Flash--maybe this will force Barry to put his romantic interests on hold and get more serious about the super-hero job. Or if he must have a love interest--let it be someone else for a while.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Grant Gustin was on GLEE and 90210--I haven't watched either series, but I'm guessing he was cast for the kind of characters he played on those shows. If they wanted a different kind of Barry, then they would have cast a different actor. So I can't really blame Gustin for playing to expectations.
    I'm not familiar with Gustin's character from 90210 but I do know of the character he played on Glee. That guy was a lot different from Barry. He was the stereotypical high school bully/rival and gay.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Just saw the second part of the cross over on Arrow, and I think that's it. I'm done. I can't take it anymore. Gustin's immaturity and clownishness is just beyond obnoxious. It’s in the realm of pathetic. I could sort have dealt with his being new at the business. But it seems that his default set point is to act like a child. This is not the behaviour of a 20 something adult male. Colton Haynes as Arsenal better reflects the behaviour of a 20 something guy living in North America. It’s the kind of behaviour I myself have witnessed in my interactions with 20 something males. Not Grant Gustin’s man-child like behaviour. In fact My 16 year old niece has more maturity than Gustin’s version of Barry Allen.

I honestly don’t understand how any adult male with half a dose of self-respect can behave so buffoonish. I honestly laughed out loud when Oliver introduced him to Captain Lance and Laurel as being Bart Allen. Because that’s who I thought he is Bart Allen, Impulse. Childish, impulsive with no attempt at self control.

If this kind of thing floats you guys boat. Fine. But part of the appeal for me in reading and collecting comics for several years is not the power set of the hero or heroine. But how the character chooses to conduct him or herself. And I would prefer to watch or read a story about a someone who at least attempts to behave with some maturity, class and dignity. Than someone who is intent on behaving like child and not like a grown up. The CW version of The Flash show is an insult to one of the finest men in comic books, I hope to all that’s holy that this farcical interpretation of ‘The Flash’ never makes it into the book.

Note: Someone send me a PM when the Gustin does a cameo on ‘The Big Bang Theory’. Because that’s where he belongs.
    Oh man, if Colton Haynes was the lead of a show that would suck so hard, and who says 20 something guys need to act all the same? I want charisma, not someone who fits a stereotype.

Gustin's been great on the show, it's not the comics version of Barry and that's ok. This is is it's own thing, and there are enough nods and winks to the comics to satisfy the comic-nerd in me, while also enjoying a quality show.