Page 108 of 827 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 12392
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Wells is definitely Professor Zoom. The proof is in the costume itself: Professor Zoom originally only had speed when he wore his uniform. Today, we saw Wells apparently powering up his suit with that Tachyon thingy (demonstrating that this version of the character doesn't possess powers himself).

But wait! Professor Zoom and Harrison were in the same room at the same time! In fact, Wells caught a beating from that yellow suited fiend! How can that be?! Easy. Tachyons are theoretical particles that move faster than light. They've been a staple of time travel in fiction for decades. Zoom was Wells from a set point in the future, using the suit that had already been powered up by the Tachyon device: He traveled backwards in time in order to steal the device for his younger self, (roughing him up in the process to help with his cover) thus creating a closed loop that would ensure his own success.

Q: What was the crisis that caused Barry to disappear? A: Barry went back in time to prevent the murder of his mother. If Barry succeeded, then Wells/Zoom would cease to exist, because why would Barry become a forensic Scientist obsessed with solving crimes (and putting himself in the path of that lightning bolt) if he had a happier childhood? No gloomy scientist = No Flash = No Professor Zoom, so 'Wells' went back in time to prevent Barry from Erasing everything. He succeeded, (possibly killing the future Flash in the process)but at the price of becoming stranded in the past.

Q: Why was Wells trapped? A: Wells doesn't have any powers of his own. His suit is powered by Tachyon energy. After traveling to the past to kill Mrs. Allen, and fighting the Flash, he ran out of energy and was reduced to waiting a couple decades for the era to produce tachyon technology that he could acquire.

Now that his future self has acquired it for him, his suit is powering up right now, which explains why we won't see the Reverse flash again for a while. Which means we should expect to see an episode told exclusively from Harrison's perspective. (The suit finishes powering up, he runs into the past, he threatens Iris to scare Joe, beats up Barry for old time's sake, then steals the Tachyon Machine to give to his younger self, thus setting up the loop.)
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 12-10-2014 at 04:24 AM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    demonstrating that this version of the character doesn't possess powers himself
    Wells does manipulate his vocal cords in that scene (the same way Barry does) though. Could be due to him standing next to the suit I guess.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Wells is definitely Professor Zoom. The proof is in the costume itself: Professor Zoom originally only had speed when he wore his uniform. Today, we saw Wells apparently powering up his suit with that Tachyon thingy (demonstrating that this version of the character doesn't possess powers himself).

But wait! Professor Zoom and Harrison were in the same room at the same time! In fact, Wells caught a beating from that yellow suited fiend! How can that be?! Easy. Tachyons are theoretical particles that move faster than light. They've been a staple of time travel in fiction for decades. Zoom was Wells from a set point in the future, using the suit that had already been powered up by the Tachyon device: He traveled backwards in time in order to steal the device for his younger self, (roughing him up in the process to help with his cover) thus creating a closed loop that would ensure his own success.

Q: What was the crisis that caused Barry to disappear? A: Barry went back in time to prevent the murder of his mother. If Barry succeeded, then Wells/Zoom would cease to exist, because why would Barry become a forensic Scientist obsessed with solving crimes (and putting himself in the path of that lightning bolt) if he had a happier childhood? No gloomy scientist = No Flash = No Professor Zoom, so 'Wells' went back in time to prevent Barry from Erasing everything. He succeeded, (possibly killing the future Flash in the process)but at the price of becoming stranded in the past.

Q: Why was Wells trapped? A: Wells doesn't have any powers of his own. His suit is powered by Tachyon energy. After traveling to the past to kill Mrs. Allen, and fighting the Flash, he ran out of energy and was reduced to waiting a couple decades for the era to produce tachyon technology that he could acquire.

Now that his future self has acquired it for him, his suit is powering up right now, which explains why we won't see the Reverse flash again for a while. Which means we should expect to see an episode told exclusively from Harrison's perspective. (The suit finishes powering up, he runs into the past, he threatens Iris to scare Joe, beats up Barry for old time's sake, then steals the Tachyon Machine to give to his younger self, thus setting up the loop.)
    That's a good breakdown. So then what does Eddie have to do with all of this?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    That's a good breakdown. So then what does Eddie have to do with all of this?
    Ancestry. Wells is Eddie's great-to the power of X-grandson.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

My... head... hurts...
    Awesome episode once again. The CWverse is everything we could ever have asked for. 11/10 for me.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Excellent episode. Firestorm and Reverse Flash and some long awaited hints. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    My... head... hurts...
    Awesome episode once again. The CWverse is everything we could ever have asked for. 11/10 for me.
    Exactly.

Can't wait to know Wells' full story.

I don't think Wells is Reverse Flash, I think the last scene is a slight of hand, misdirection done by the showrunners to point to Wells, when it turns out to be Eddie. At some point Eddie gets that suit.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I don't think Wells is Reverse Flash, I think the last scene is a slight of hand, misdirection done by the showrunners to point to Wells, when it turns out to be Eddie. At some point Eddie gets that suit.
    I agree with you that's there is more to the story then what meets the eye.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BOOM! Until I hear different, this is the way to go for me

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Yeah, the way he looked at Eddie and then let him go fuels the rumors that he is either future Eddie or related to Eddie.

This is kinda like the Dark Archer episode of Arrow Season 1 except much spookier & interesting.

By the way I don't know if this was talked about earlier, but when Barry and company caught some of the bad metahumans they put them in a makeshift prison. How did those prisoners eat? Or go to the bathroom? Or shower? They would be too dangerous to just be let out. The guy that turns into gas should still be in there.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    By the way I don't know if this was talked about earlier, but when Barry and company caught some of the bad metahumans they put them in a makeshift prison. How did those prisoners eat? Or go to the bathroom? Or shower? They would be too dangerous to just be let out. The guy that turns into gas should still be in there.
    I wondered about it at first, but i think thats one of those suspension of disbelief moments we need to have and not dwell on it.

I pretty much agree with Handsomemendon'tlosefights - especially in terms of the timeloop. RF (from the future) didn't need the tachyon thing for himself - he was there to make sure that Wells got it so he could power up the suit in this time period. In terms of Wells having powers himself, or if it's all in the suit, it's interesting because it appears that he's doing that thing with his voice that RV does, but it will be interesting whether or not he heals quickly from those wounds or if he'll have to fake having them for awhile to cover up rapid healing. I also won't be surprised if at some point RF/Wells changed motivations, perhaps once he realized the Flash needed to save the universe from the Crisis.

All in all, a great episode!!

And in terms of Firestorm, is this the first time we're seeing a flying meta in this universe??
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-10-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Retired

When I first heard that the actor who is going to play Captain Singh's boyfriend and the potentilal Pied Piper was an actor from SMASH, I immediately thought of Christian Borle--who would totally look the part for the Piper and looks the right age for Singh's partner and he can sing! So it's really disappointing to see that Andy Mientus is the SMASH actor for FLASH--his character on the former show was weak and pathetic. I'm sure the actor is capable of doing better work with the right script, but he looks a bit young for Singh's lover. And really, Christian Borle would have nailed that part.