Page 114 of 827 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 12392
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Speaking of the 1990 The Flash, neither I nor my Dad have seen it. Is it worth watching?

And, a friend of mine said there was a Flash movie where if the Flash stopped running, he would die. Something about gangsters, streets, and that too, and a brother, I think. Was that the show?
    It looks dated as hell now, but I love the old series. I have it on DVD. Bought it first chance I got.

And on the Flash, in Justice League...Doom i think it was called, Batman's contingency plans to take down the justice league are used against them and i think that is what happens to the flash.

Retired

The old series has a Tim Burton feeling to it (and the Danny Elfman theme music drives that home). But Flash is lighter in tone than Batman. I like his suit better than the one on the current series. Julio could beat Cisco in a fair fight. And Shipp is a good enough actor, yet with the right physical presence to be a super-hero.

On the new series, yes I buy that Barry always had those feelings for Iris. But Iris didn't. There's a male presumption here that every woman wants a guy to tell her how he feels. But there's no consideration for the position that puts the woman in. It doesn't always follow that we have to unload our feelings onto others and make them carry that burden. In this case, Barry should have figured out after all this time that Iris feels very different from him--and now he's just being selfish by unburdening himself of all his baggage and forcing Iris to carry the load.

Kids, don't try this at home.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 12-11-2014 at 06:45 PM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    On the new series, yes I buy that Barry always had those feelings for Iris. But Iris didn't. There's a male presumption here that every woman wants a guy to tell her how he feels. But there's no consideration for the position that puts the woman in. It doesn't always follow that we have to unload our feelings onto others and make them carry that burden. In this case, Barry should have figured out after all this time that Iris feels very different from him--and now he's just being selfish by unburdening himself of all his baggage and forcing Iris to carry the load.

Kids, don't try this at home.
    This. I mean I get that it's something he felt he needed to do on the one hand, but given the timing and the fact she is seemingly happy with Eddie, it strikes me as a dick move on his part. He feels better, weight of the world off his shoulders, but he has completely mind-effed Iris up.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    This. I mean I get that it's something he felt he needed to do on the one hand, but given the timing and the fact she is seemingly happy with Eddie, it strikes me as a dick move on his part. He feels better, weight of the world off his shoulders, but he has completely mind-effed Iris up.
    I guess all's fair in love and war doesn't apply for some here anymore for non-married or non-engaged couples. BTW, Barry wants Iris to reconsider her feelings for him. Oh, he said he knows he has no chance with her, but what was he going to say after dropping that bomb on her? If it was just unburdening, I'm not sure he would have done it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

I do agree with that to an extent, but it also has to be said that she was picking up on the weirdness between her and Barry around Eddie and called him out on it. Yes, obviously a lot of the secrets Barry's been keeping from her have to do with the Flash, but Barry's feelings for her have been a huge factor as well. She's not stupid, and she was clearly aware that there was something off between her and Barry and wanted to know what it was. While I definitely agree that there can be a lot of presumption in assuming a woman you like wants to know that or that knowing that would change things for her - a case can be made here that Iris asked him to come clean with her, and once you ask that you don't get to pick and choose what answers are acceptable to you.

So yes, it sucks for Iris now that she is aware and mindful of Barry's feelings for her when she was blissfully ignorant before - but it sucked before he told her too, because she knew something was wrong but she had no idea what. There really was no ideal resolution to the scenario, and that's not all on Barry - sometimes its just the situation, not the fault of any one person.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Yes, obviously a lot of the secrets Barry's been keeping from her have to do with the Flash,
    She might start adding 2 and 2 together regarding that now that she knows how Barry really feels about her.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    She might start adding 2 and 2 together regarding that now that she knows how Barry really feels about her.
    Based on her character's actual intelligence, yes, this should happen. Based on these particular showrunners' addiction to the unnecessary 'love interest the only one in the dark about heroic alter ego' trope...not a chance.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed. Heck, even Barry's father and Joe don't have a problem regarding Barry's feelings towards Iris.
    NO! NO! IRIS HAS TO BE WITH EDDIE! (So he can become the new Reverse Flash and kill her!)

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Incredible Member

Based on her character's actual intelligence, yes, this should happen. Based on these particular showrunners' addiction to the unnecessary 'love interest the only one in the dark about heroic alter ego' trope...not a chance.
    Generally, I'd tend to agree with this sentiment, but the feeling I get from watching how the showrunners on Flash work (and have indicated they do things in at least one recent interview I read) is that they aren't trying to drag things out as much as many/most dramas tend to do (CW ones in particular), but are actually moving pretty quickly (ha!) with the show's plotlines.

That seems to be borne out somewhat by the pace of this season so far- we're only at mid season and we've already got this revelation- which is something that often seems to take entire seasons before it comes out. We've got steady progression on the mystery of the Man in the Yellow Suit. We've got Caitlin's dead boyfriend back in the mix. There has been a lot of plot thrown out and pretty handily addressed in a very short amount of time (and, IMO, increasingly less awkwardly than in the beginning. For one thing, there doesn't seem to be quite as much awkward exposition between characters, which I greatly appreciate).

Incredible Member

Well if you recall Season One of ARROW, they actually advanced the plot of that season very quickly as well in a similar fashion - while still catering to that trope by not revealing Ollie's secret identity to Laurel until the end of S2 when she was very much the love interest all of S1. Don't get me wrong, I like both shows and agree both are very fast-paced for the most part, but they definitely milk the secret identity/love interest trope a lot. Which is too bad, as I think its really to this show's detriment here, and it just comes across as artificial and unnecessary drama.

Incredible Member

Well if you recall Season One of ARROW, they actually advanced the plot of that season very quickly as well in a similar fashion - while still catering to that trope by not revealing Ollie's secret identity to Laurel until the end of S2 when she was very much the love interest all of S1.
    Good point, and season 1 of Arrow is still my favorite for many of the reasons you cite. I felt that they really started to pad things out too much in season 2, leaving themselves too little time to adequately wrap things up for the finale of that season. Season 3 seems to be better paced so far, with a few exceptions here and there.

So hopefully the Flash doesn't fall into the same habit, but as you note, it may end up that way (fingers crossed it doesn't!)

Retired

If they follow the pattern of ARROW season one, then Eddie's days are numbered.

I keep enjoying this series more and more with each episode I see. The big reveal at the end of the last episode was pretty obvious from the very beginning but I still enjoyed the episode as a whole.

The episode actually got to me a lot more than I thought it would in terms of the emotional scenes between Caitlin and Cisco and then Barry and his father. Not a lot of shows can do that and make me actually tear up and I was never expecting this one to but it did, so kudos.

Really wondering how they're going to turn Caitlin into Killer Snow. You know it'll have something to do with Firestorm, especially now that she knows he's out there and alive. I have a lot of theories but I'm not sure which way they'll go yet. Either way, I'm glad to see Danielle Panabaker getting more screentime in the next couple episodes. She's a good actress and I like Caitlin but she's kind of been pushed to the background so far along with Cisco.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I keep enjoying this series more and more with each episode I see. The big reveal at the end of the last episode was pretty obvious from the very beginning but I still enjoyed the episode as a whole.

The episode actually got to me a lot more than I thought it would in terms of the emotional scenes between Caitlin and Cisco and then Barry and his father. Not a lot of shows can do that and make me actually tear up and I was never expecting this one to but it did, so kudos.

Really wondering how they're going to turn Caitlin into Killer Snow. You know it'll have something to do with Firestorm, especially now that she knows he's out there and alive. I have a lot of theories but I'm not sure which way they'll go yet. Either way, I'm glad to see Danielle Panabaker getting more screentime in the next couple episodes. She's a good actress and I like Caitlin but she's kind of been pushed to the background so far along with Cisco.
    I don't think we should expect Vibe and Killer Frost anytime soon. I was at the advance screening of the crossover episodes with the cast and producers, and when asked about that the producers were pretty clear that the potential was always meant to be there given their names, but that there were never any immediate plans for that. They said along the lines of 'if we make it four, five seasons, anything can happen....', with the impression I got being that they named those characters that so they had the potential to go that route if and when they felt that would serve the show best, but they're perfectly content to keep Caitlin and Cisco as is as well. Like it might happen Season 2, it might happen Season 5, it might never happen at all...and I don't think even they know yet, and they're just keeping their options open.

^ Yeah, I can see why they'd do that. And I totally agree, I don't think it should happen too fast, and obviously if they turned Caitlin into Killer Frost and Cisco into Vibe in the first season they'd probably be majorly jumping the horse. As it is, they're doing just fine as supporting characters in their S.T.A.R. Labs personas and I'm enjoying them there. I'm just curious as to how they'd go about the transformations and I'm impatient so I'm speculating already

P.S.: Totally jealous of you getting to go to the Flash/Arrow screening That must have been crazy fun!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender