Page 117 of 827 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 12392
    Retired

Oh parents tell their kids secrets all the time. Sure, sons and daughters make a fuss, but it's what parents do--sticking their noses into their kids lives even when their kids grow up. Any other adult couldn't get away with that--but parents can and do. That's why Joe would be the one to tell, because he can take the risk--he knows he's never going to lose Iris--or Barry.

Have you people never read A ROOM WITH A VIEW--or at least seen the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Oh parents tell their kids secrets all the time. Sure, sons and daughters make a fuss, but it's what parents do--sticking their noses into their kids lives even when their kids grow up. Any other adult couldn't get away with that--but parents can and do. That's why Joe would be the one to tell, because he can take the risk--he knows he's never going to lose Iris--or Barry.

Well, my parents don't and I wouldn't on them, either. Secrets shouldn't be told, as they are that for a reason, and confidences are confidences.

I'd hate if my therapists ever gave away my secrets, back when I saw them, and didn't, to my knowledge. I'd make sure the Government, be, or my parents, got justice, though.

When people ever did betray my confidences, be they a phone service, or a friend, I can understand the concern, and the fear, but I will never accept what they did. They're no friend of mine after what they did, after what I did, I'm no friend of theirs', before and after.

THat phone service is a different matter, but can't use it anyway, so doesn't matter, but just hearing out my troubles and concerns was what mattered, and it helped, much like my parents, or therapists. So, that matters, but betraying a confidence is something I'll never accept, forgive, forget or let go.

In reality, or fiction.

I will say though, you likely meant to harm by what you said here, and would hopefully not betray a friends', or familys', confidence, though that's all up to you, ultimately. This is all just my experience, and my opinion, but I hold little grudge against you for what you say.

And I'll, myself, leave it at that.
    Last edited by Crimson Knight; 12-14-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I think I just squealed a little :P
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I think I just squealed a little :P
    What I especially love about that is using the cover as a face, and having another DC show, Constantine, on the back. Just lethal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Have we seen Barry's apartment yet or does he still live at home so to speak...
    Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Good question. It looks like he's living at home still, though it's probable that he spends some late nights at STAR or his personal laboratory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I think it's ambiguous as to where Barry lives. No house or apartment for him has been shown, and he seems to have free reign to drop by Joe & Iris' place where he was raised whenever he wants, but as he is an adult I'm skeptical that he is actually still living there. It's kind of the same situation on "Arrow" ever since Oliver stopped living at the Queen mansion. He's now living with Thea in her apartment but before that it wasn't clear where the heck he was calling home. I think I'm missing X-Files, where both Mulder and Scully's apartments were shown on a regular basis.
    When asking this question we have to remember that Barry is only a couple of months removed from a nine month coma. It's possible he had a place before the lightning hit him but after he woke up with no one having paid his rent he could be between places and staying with Joe and Iris until he finds a new place.

When is Mark Waid going to write an episode?

How much in debt is Barry thanks to his 9 month hospital bill? What does he even get paid as a Central City CSI? Are they licensed to carry handguns?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 12-14-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    When is Mark Waid going to write an episode?

How much in debt is Barry thanks to his 9 month hospital bill? What does he even get paid as a Central City CSI? Are they licensed to carry handguns?
    A lot of his treatment was at Star Labs for free so I don't think debt from hospital bills comes into play.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I would expect that a police department would offer a pretty good benefits package including health coverage (and if there's any cops out there who say no I will freely stand corrected). I don't know if CSIs are issued guns like any other cop but I'd imagine if they wanted to carry they'd have no problem getting a permit. What I like about the show's treatment of Barry's job is that he behaves like a real CSI and not like the ones on the various "CSI" shows, who regularly do detective work that is beyond the scope of their jobs including getting into gunplay and even arresting people. Edward Nygma on "Gotham" gets it right as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    A lot of his treatment was at Star Labs for free so I don't think debt from hospital bills comes into play.
    Not exactly for free, he gives Wells test subjects as a way of thanks.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

I'm not being unfair to Iris. I have sympathy for people who are lower on the socio-economic rung. Compared with people at large, Iris is in a good position. But compared with the people in her immedidate circle, she's lower down. And women have it especially tough, because they are caught between conflicting expectations. Iris is trying to be an idependent woman and yet she is dependent on men. Moving in with a man should be a romantic choice, but there's an economic aspect to it. And as a woman she has to consider those choices very carefully.
    Actually, we only know that she's at a different stage in her career development. Nothing was said about her having trouble making ends meet. But I don't see your observations as entirely pointless either. It does seem like she's moving faster than she should with Eddie. And while the answer to that could very well be financial in nature, there really is nothing else to support the idea. Still, all things being equal, that may turn out to be a factor in the future.

I think on some level she has always been aware of Barry's true feelings, even as she denied their existence. There is something in her exchanges with Barry on the matter, a sense that for her there is very much a question even though she tells Eddie there is none. Barry's chances aren't as slim as they seem. It's just that Iris most likely gave up on the possibility, and her thing with Eddie is her moving on from a non-issue that may or may not have kept her hung up a bit emotionally. And if that is the case, then maybe this move on her part is somewhat motivated by a need to motivate Barry. She may not think about it that way, but even so it could be true.

The thing is, we already know that Zoom has altered the timeline by orphaning Barry. Who knows but that maybe Iris is, on some deep level, aware that she belongs together, and that unusual forces are conspiring against them? In the comics she was already working in her chosen profession when the two met, and if the same was true of the original timeline, then something seems to have held her back in this one. I hope we get to see that original timeline at some point.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 12-15-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Incredible Member

She's not really moving that fast with Eddie, guys. Like they said in the episode, they've been together over a year - we didn't see a lot of that because it stretched back to before the show started, and it seems faster than it is to Barry because part of that was while he was in his coma, but there's really not anything unusual about a couple who's been dating more than a year moving in together.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Never really gravitated to drama, neither in film nor literature. Unless said drama falls in an area of interest to me, which this doesn't. I doubt I will ever read it.

But the film sounds doable, and these days I will watch just about anything set in Italy, ever since I took a class on the history of architecture. I even got motivated enough to visit there a few times. Can't find it playing on TV in the next 2 weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    She's not really moving that fast with Eddie, guys. Like they said in the episode, they've been together over a year - we didn't see a lot of that because it stretched back to before the show started, and it seems faster than it is to Barry because part of that was while he was in his coma, but there's really not anything unusual about a couple who's been dating more than a year moving in together.
    No there is not, but the pacing of the show gives that impression nonetheless. I assume it is intentional. Probably part of the reason the move was written in was to bring home the impact of the lost 9 months. We probably should see more of this, but won't.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 12-15-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Wow a year? this shows timeline moves in a...... im gonna do it..... in a flash...

Feel no shame in that pun, Penny. To quote Norman Osborn, at the end of The Spectacular Spider-Man, I never do.

Big-ish details on how Barry prepares to tackle, or be up for, Reverse-Flash:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/19/sp...rter-spoilers/

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    What I especially love about that is using the cover as a face, and having another DC show, Constantine, on the back. Just lethal.
    Definitely

I've been really slow on catching up with this show. I've only seen the pilot and the last last three or so of the most recent episodes. I finally watched the episode that introduces Captain Cold last night, though, and the way that episode ends, it makes you really disappointed that the episode immediately after doesn't just pick up where that one left off. Totally excited they're bringing him back soon and he's going to cause some more mayhem, though.

Barry and Felicity are too cute together. E = MC Hammer cracked me up.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender