Page 129 of 827 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 12392

So why did Barry take the Hartley to STAR Labs? I thought they only did that fro metahuman criminals.

Incredible Member

I thought that too but didn't he reveal by then that he knew who the Flash was so they couldn't risk him being in general lockup?

This episode was interesting since Hartley is being portrayed as the villain but in reality he is right that Harrison Wells is the true monster. Yet here we are rooting for the people trying to help and save Dr. Wells. Of course Piper does try to kill a bunch of innocent people so he's definitely no saint.
    Once again Cisco has some of my favorite lines of the show. Interesting that they basically gave Pied Piper Vibe's powers. Though New 52 Vibe can do a lot more than just create sound waves.

Incredible Member

I really feel like they struck a good balance with this episode.

The villain felt alot more 3 dimensional and menacing than most.

Barry gave Joe a speech with an appropriate amount of heart and Joe was all "whatevs, but you know, family bond all that good stuff." Wasn't overdone, it was subdued.

Also, royal flush gang, scarlet knight?
    The Batman fanboyism is showing, which not terrible for a one off much like Wells is beginning to remind me of lionel from Smallville.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I thought that too but didn't he reveal by then that he knew who the Flash was so they couldn't risk him being in general lockup?
    It's a lot better than what Superman did to a couple on The Adventures of Superman. I believe he dropped them on top of a mountain so they couldn't escape.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Arrow Hourglass School

It's not too surprising that a television series about a super-speedy American comic book icon, the Flash, is receiving nice attention.

Our world is gauged by all kinds of rapid-fire behaviors: eTrade, FedEx, sonic weaponry, fast food, etc.

People take psychology-themed art symbols such as the horror film avatar Leatherface (a maniacal serial killer who carries a chainsaw and wears a mask made of weird skin) and liberally suggest that his weapon (the chainsaw) can be 'quickly' referenced as an eco-consciousness tool: "After all, we can use a chainsaw to rip down trees, but Leatherface uses it to stalk people, making him the 'ultimate' eco-terrorism omen."

Speed and intellectual access of disparate objects and ideas are the hallmarks of modernity.

Flash is the ultimate man of speed. I will be following how cross-overs between "The Flash" (The CW) and "Arrow" (The CW) will affect the development of Felicity Smoak, the impact of Ra's al Ghul, and the juggling of super-powers.

Next week:

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

This very well might have been the best episode to date. Pied Piper is a fantastic villain. You hate him for how he treats Cisco, but you root for him against Wells. And you want to see the Flash kick his ass. Not bad, not bad.

Whoever said Wells has a Lionel Luthor vibe hit the nail on the head. He has this brilliant ability to flip the narrative even when he's caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I think I liked this episode better than last week's.

Nice to see Iris getting something to do besides The Flash. Her whole segment reminded me a bit of the sexism present in Agent Carter, though a little less on the nose.

Is this the first episode that shows Eddie and Barry are on a first name basis? I've heard Barry call Eddie by his first name, but I've always heard Eddie call Barry, Allen. Just something I liked. I'd really like them to hang out and interact more. They have pretty good chemistry.

Of course the best chemistry is between Joe and Barry who both get more awesome and lovable with each episode.

By next week, I hope Caitlin's subplot with finding Ronnie picks up.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    This very well might have been the best episode to date. Pied Piper is a fantastic villain. You hate him for how he treats Cisco, but you root for him against Wells. And you want to see the Flash kick his ass. Not bad, not bad.

Whoever said Wells has a Lionel Luthor vibe hit the nail on the head. He has this brilliant ability to flip the narrative even when he's caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
    Yeah, dude was a great villain of the week.

Wells has been the most interesting character on the show for a while. Actually, from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Is this the first episode that shows Eddie and Barry are on a first name basis? I've heard Barry call Eddie by his first name, but I've always heard Eddie call Barry, Allen. Just something I liked. I'd really like them to hang out and interact more. They have pretty good chemistry.
    Actually I think we've heard Eddie call Barry with his first name for most of the show. Since Eddie and Iris announced their relationship, at least.
    Last edited by normanosborn; 01-28-2015 at 08:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Next week:

This maybe a problem given the comic mythos of the Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post

Actually I think we've heard Eddie call Barry with his first name for most of the show. Since Eddie and Iris announced their relationship, at least.
    Now the you mention, I do remember him using Barry's first name before. Thanks!

I guess the reason that I bring it up now, is because he always seems to say it with a "flirtatious" inflection. I noticed it before, but now it seems so obvious.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    He doesn't know who the Flash is. He just knew the Flash was working with Wells.

Good ep. This is how you make a non-super powered villain a threat. Have him out think the Flash instead of just hoping the tech alone will get the job done. I also enjoyed Pied Piper and wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

This show continues to deliver, week after week. It's surpassed all expectations going in. It has already made its mark as one of the best superhero shows of all time.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This show continues to deliver, week after week. It's surpassed all expectations going in. It has already made its mark as one of the best superhero shows of all time.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Agreed. It should be a television fixture for quite a while, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?