Page 131 of 827 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    He was more like shrieve from batman beyond
    Who's Shrieve? And, what're they like?

Piper's gear actually did have flutes. They were on his gloves, which was very evident while Cisco was examining them .

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The Trixter looks like he came straight off the set of Kick Ass 3.

They kept Trickster's domino mask .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Who's Shrieve? And, what're they like?
    I remember that guy. Shrieve was actually his civilian name. His nom du guerre was Shriek. He wore a suit that allowed him to shoot sonic waves out of his hands. After his first encounter with Batman, he was actually deaf when he wasn't wearing his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    Piper's gear actually did have flutes. They were on his gloves, which was very evident while Cisco was examining them .
    Still doesn't have the same visual impact. Also, should I point out that he wasn't exactly "pied". Pied means "wearing many colors". Jester's motley was often referred to as "pied". Hartley Rathaway mainly just wore black here. But then, I suppose the original DC Pied Piper wasn't all that pied either because he just wore green with big, white dots on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    One off? What do you mean? I doubt Harrison Wells is a one off - and, sure, the ol' Pied Piper's actually listed as being in Crazy for You, the next episode, as Andy Mientus is back playing him.

I just thought there were an awful lot of chess metaphors, be it from Hartley, or Wells. Checkmate, scarlet knight as you say, pawns,
    I meant more using an iteration of the Royal flush gang and the Flash being the Scarlet Knight seemed to have a Batman vibe which is fine for an episode. Musings about Wells feeling reminiscent of Lionel was meant to be in general, but the attack at his house felt heavily inspired by the season 2 ep. of Smallville where Lionel was shot, the scotch, the chess metaphors, opera music, it did feel like they were skewing more heavily with the Lionel influence in this episode than normal

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    I meant more using an iteration of the Royal flush gang and the Flash being the Scarlet Knight seemed to have a Batman vibe which is fine for an episode. Musings about Wells feeling reminiscent of Lionel was meant to be in general, but the attack at his house felt heavily inspired by the season 2 ep. of Smallville where Lionel was shot, the scotch, the chess metaphors, opera music, it did feel like they were skewing more heavily with the Lionel influence in this episode than normal
    Um, other than on Batman Beyond, the Royal Flush Gang aren't Batman villains. They're Justice League villains (from back when the Justice League still had its own Rogues Gallery).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Um, other than on Batman Beyond, the Royal Flush Gang aren't Batman villains. They're Justice League villains (from back when the Justice League still had its own Rogues Gallery).
    I've actually never seen them in print and based off the animated DCU thought they were exclusively Batman villains (there was even a reference to the Joker dressing them up as playing cards in an old JLU episode). Thank you for informing me where I was mistaken.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spacegoatpurrp View Post
    Pied Piper has been the best villain this season
    I still think it was General Eiling, but he's a close second. Specially because we couldn't help but root for him against Wells.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Retired

Don't the cops wonder what happened to the rogues that were causing so much trouble in Central City? One minuite they're devoting their resources to capturing the Pied Piper, the next he's gone and they have no idea if he's still on the lose or what. And Joe can't exactly tell his captain that there's no point trying to find the perp because he's secretly being held without trial in a research facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Don't the cops wonder what happened to the rogues that were causing so much trouble in Central City? One minuite they're devoting their resources to capturing the Pied Piper, the next he's gone and they have no idea if he's still on the lose or what. And Joe can't exactly tell his captain that there's no point trying to find the perp because he's secretly being held without trial in a research facility.
    And, of course, what happens when the public finds out that two of the CCPD's own were in on it?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    So, I'm assuming Barry is an atheist, or at the least an agnostic. Since his favorite scientists are Richard Dawkins and Neal DeGrasse Tyson.
    Maybe? But it really doesn't rule out anything except fundamentalism as far as Barry's religious convictions go.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    So, I'm assuming Barry is an atheist, or at the least an agnostic. Since his favorite scientists are Richard Dawkins and Neal DeGrasse Tyson.
    They were obviously name dropped because the average viewer is not going to recognize any more real world scientists by name. (Except for Stephen Hawking)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    They were obviously name dropped because the average viewer is not going to recognize any more real world scientists by name. (Except for Stephen Hawking)
    Yeah, I can't think of any other scientists with as much pop culture currency right now, hence the name dropping.

Now if Barry had started trolling people about Isaac Newton on Christmas...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Now if Barry had started trolling people about Isaac Newton on Christmas...
    Personally, I'm a Leibritz man.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Strangely enough, one of the things I actually liked about this episode is that he got beaten and had to be saved. He's not the invincible hero. Also, people don't change overnight. He's still making the mistakes Arrow described. He doesn't think out the situation. He gets arrogant about his speed and overconfident. This is necessary for a hero whose powers so outshine his opponents. It also felt better that his problems didn't stem from the writers ignoring his speed.

It's also interesting that we see Wells actually move at super speed and that there are limits. Apparently, there are times when he really can't walk. So it will be nice to see this background fleshed out.

I liked the twist with the Pied Piper and his motives though I hope they do more with that than just a casual and simplistic motive. I also like how, despite his arrogance, he was the one concerned about the people who might be killed if Wells was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Maybe? But it really doesn't rule out anything except fundamentalism as far as Barry's religious convictions go.
    Pretty much and they also happen to be names that the average person might know.