Page 151 of 827 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    By open concept I mean an open floor space where everyone in the office shares the same big space. This seemed to be something that start-up tech companies did in the '90s and early 2000s. The idea is that everyone can wander around and interact with each other.

They tried out the same thing in my high school in the '70s and called it Humanities. And they were doing the same thing at the elementary school where I volunteer, but it never worked and now they have to build walls to create proper classrooms.

At the Central City PD and the Gotham PD you see the same thing--but with more corners. I don't know if this actually exists in the real world. It might just be something invented for TV so they can shoot ia large space and move the cameras around. But it requires a lot of extras to fill the background.
    Ah. That makes sense. Yeah, thanks for explaining that.

Me, I get the plate, eat what's there, and if I don't like what I'm eating, there's other stuff to consume, and maybe criticise, construct rest.

Speaking of Gotham, haven't seen you in that thread for a while. Are you still watching, or rather not be talking about the show?

Up to you, just wondering.

Retired

I was getting tired of GOTHAM and it's now on a site where I can watch it whenever I want. Before (and the same with FLASH) it was only up on the web for a short span of time and I had to watch it then or lose it.

Some shows work better all in one go and that could be the case with GOTHAM. So I'll watch it in the spring or summer after the first season is complete. Maybe I'll feel better about it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I'd hate that as a work environment. I'll happily stick with my cubicle where I can hide my non-work activities like posting on comic book forums.
    Totally agree!

A possible time travel episode, purposeful or accidental, fates of Ronnie and Martin revealed, Gorilla Grodd returns - and so much more, in Episode 14, Fallout:

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Looks like Grodd is controlling Eiling. Maybe he wants Firestorm?
    any hints on gorrila city so far?

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    I love the superhero stuff on this show, especially everything with the Prison Break gang and Pied Piper, but it's still starting to lose me with all the terrible relationship stuff. None of it works. Barry and Iris really have nothing in common. Iris doesn't even have much of a personality beyond "nice girl". Barry and Linda is almost OK, if they didn't have to resort to the "I gotta go!" madcap hijinx. And why does Barry have to constantly go to Iris & Linda's workplace to discuss relationship drama in front of all their coworkers? And eating that hot pepper to pressure Linda to give him another chance? I get that they want to differentiate Barry from Ollie, but he just comes off as such a loser. Maybe Linda just really likes dorky dudes? Otherwise, she seems way out of his league.

Barry/Felicity was the best and most organic pairing for both of those characters.
    what do you mean linda is almost ok? she's a certified 10 to me :P

barrycity has works because they have common interests/traits/personality but there's also the 'can never be together' element to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I'd hate that as a work environment. I'll happily stick with my cubicle where I can hide my non-work activities like posting on comic book forums.
    you mean there's more to work than comic book forums?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I was getting tired of GOTHAM and it's now on a site where I can watch it whenever I want. Before (and the same with FLASH) it was only up on the web for a short span of time and I had to watch it then or lose it.

Some shows work better all in one go and that could be the case with GOTHAM. So I'll watch it in the spring or summer after the first season is complete. Maybe I'll feel better about it that way.
    i personally found gotham a too repetitive for my tastes.
    it had great episodes (like the penguin falcone reveal) but between the highs were relatively mediocre episodes.
    which is the direct opposite of how i find the flash this season.

i've stopped watching it but will watch it in a sitting after it concludes
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    any hints on gorrila city so far?
    Nah, I think they completely changed Grodd's origin in this show. We'll see.

One gripe on this show. Tired of Wells saying " run...Barry...RUN" every time there is some major drama.

Great ending. No new episodes til March 17 though!!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Episode 14 "Fallout" I thought the nuclear explosion looked pretty good for TV. I like the initial conflict between Ronnie and Stein and how they eventually work well together. I laughed at the references to Terminator and Back to the Future as well as Barry delivering pizza. Coast City reference! Clancy Brown is great as General Eiling. I was hoping Firestorm would do more than just throw fire. I guess it's still early in regard to his abilities though. I like that Barry is determined to change the past. I loved seeing Wells unmask as the Reverse Flash and him handing over General Eiling to Grodd was awesome.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Nah, I think they completely changed Grodd's origin in this show. We'll see.
    Grodd seems to be a genetically altered gorrila created by wells, he even answers to him.

BANNED

Flash continues to be the best superhero show on tv and is making a strong case for one of the best current action series right now. It struck the perfect balance since day one really and it always seems like the plot is continuing to move rapidly, yet always feeling natural. The cast continues to amaze and each new addition has been a hit (Stein, Raymond, Bridge are all new fantastic additions). And it still feels like the surface has yet to be scratched.

Tonight's episode was awesome.

Amazing Member

I love the ending. I'm guessing Dr. Wells is going to stop pretending now.

Also I kept laughing when Joe and Barry keep walking into Barry old childhood home anytime that they want. I'm guessing the current owner of the house, the blonde woman have told Joe he can visit whenever he feels like it.

Does anybody else have a feeling that Iris is going to find out Barry secrete by the end of the season?
    Last edited by Primemao; 02-19-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i personally found gotham a too repetitive for my tastes.
    it had great episodes (like the penguin falcone reveal) but between the highs were relatively mediocre episodes.
    which is the direct opposite of how i find the flash this season.

i've stopped watching it but will watch it in a sitting after it concludes
    It's gotten a lot better.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm