Page 157 of 827 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 12392
    Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Yep, same here.
    I think she looked hot in that grey dress she was wearing at the beginning, and that's all I have for now. Also she kinda gave the evil eye to both Cisco and Caitlin in the end.

Five buck says her partner is killed off by Wells.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    The problem with the video is that its thinking far too linear and claims there's a "rule of thumb". Theoretical physicists have a myriad of concepts for the idea of time travel and how it might work. The only rules in fiction you are beholden to are the ones you make. And then you can alter it if you so choose to fit your dramatic intent. Look at James Cameron's two Terminator films: one deals with the idea that the future is static and inevitable, while the sequel then states that it is malable and can be altered.
    Also, using Terminator as a reference, in timeline there are certain milestones that are bound to happen. Like Judgement Day. Or (thanks a bunch, Johns) Nora Allen's murder.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    I just realized that Barry going back to save his mom is kind of an "FU" to Joe. I mean, Joe practically raised him. Treated him like his own son. If Barry stops his mom from dying that all gets erased and they never have a relationship.

And if we really want to be nitpicky, we can even say that we already know Barry's plan will ultimately fail, otherwise he would have no reason for going back in time in the first place. But we tend not to bring that up when it comes to time travel stuff.
    When I watched the episode I was thinking the same thing...he saves his mom, alters the past, and he and Joe don't have that relationship. Bummer. But who can fault a guy for wanting to save his mom?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'd love to see Barry save his mother, as I don't really like the concept that she has to die for him to be a hero. It's a great tragic conceit, but it doesn't feel like The Flash to me, at least not in its purest form. I do wonder if they'll eventually adress the fact that tragedy isn't a necessary factor in Barry's heroism, even if just by way of an alternate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'd love to see Barry save his mother, as I don't really like the concept that she has to die for him to be a hero. It's a great tragic conceit, but it doesn't feel like The Flash to me, at least not in its purest form. I do wonder if they'll eventually adress the fact that tragedy isn't a necessary factor in Barry's heroism, even if just by way of an alternate universe.
    It did come up a little in the Arrow-half of the crossover where Barry brought up how he didn't let the tragedy of his mother's death at such a young age define him like Oliver does with his various tragedies.

I wonder if Grodd's end goal might just be forming Gorilla City on his own, and he's using Wells to achieve that?

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    Also, using Terminator as a reference, in timeline there are certain milestones that are bound to happen. Like Judgement Day. Or (thanks a bunch, Johns) Nora Allen's murder.
    My reference is to the first two films under the guidance of the same creative mind. The crap they pulled in the third film is fairly inexcusable and pissed all over the impactful statement of the second film, which is that the future is not set.

BANNED

I think she looked hot in that grey dress she was wearing at the beginning, and that's all I have for now. Also she kinda gave the evil eye to both Cisco and Caitlin in the end.

that's not the evil eye, that's side eye. as in, i know what you're saying is some bullshit

My reference is to the first two films under the guidance of the same creative mind. The crap they pulled in the third film is fairly inexcusable and pissed all over the impactful statement of the second film, which is that the future is not set.
    I hate the ending of the second film. Judgement day is imperative or everything they do is create loopholes and paradoxes.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    that's not the evil eye, that's side eye. as in, i know what you're saying is some bullshit
    True this. Also, anyone else felt like a five year old when watching this?

I hate the ending of the second film. Judgement day is imperative or everything they do is create loopholes and paradoxes.
    I guess you've never explored time travel concepts outside of the very minimal, superficial stuff you get out of movies and TV. You assume that YOUR perception of how time works is universal, which it isn't. There are a myriad of far more interesting takes to explore. Here's an easy one: imagine time is a VHS tape. Start there, explore the possibilities and then get back to us.

Mighty Member

True this. Also, anyone else felt like a five year old when watching this?

Was that clip from the latest episode? I don't remember seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Yeah, was after Martin and Ronnie fused as Firestorm, and Barry was free from his stuff, them from theirs'.

Barry ran as the Flash, and Ronnie/Martin flew as Firestorm.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It was towards the end of the episode, after Flash and Firestorm had taken care of business, and it WAS reminiscent of the endings of many classic comics.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I guess you've never explored time travel concepts outside of the very minimal, superficial stuff you get out of movies and TV. You assume that YOUR perception of how time works is universal, which it isn't. There are a myriad of far more interesting takes to explore. Here's an easy one: imagine time is a VHS tape. Start there, explore the possibilities and then get back to us.
    No, not really. I think the ending is a bad one, beyond what my personal studies about time travel may be. What 's funny here is that you accuse me of "You assume that YOUR perception of how time works is universal, which it isn't" and that's far from what I'm doing here. What's even funnier is that you pretend to teach me about something of which none of us knows if the other has some research made on the matter and it's certainly not the place nor the time to put it on display. Patronizing someone is certainly bad form. Didn't Mrs. Havoc taught you some manners?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Yeah, was after Martin and Ronnie fused as Firestorm, and Barry was free from his stuff, them from theirs'.

Barry ran as the Flash, and Ronnie/Martin flew as Firestorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It was towards the end of the episode, after Flash and Firestorm had taken care of business, and it WAS reminiscent of the endings of many classic comics.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Ok, I definitely missed that part. Thx

Ok, I definitely missed that part. Thx
    Anytime, Beantown.