Page 179 of 827 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 12392
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I hope by the time all the Rogues are together they have their "no killing people" thing down. Or at least have it explored in the spin off show. It's been my only gripe with The Flash so far.
    The Rogues don't have a no killing rule. They have a no killing heroes or people they don't have to rule. They are all stone cold killers. They will kill you if they have to they just know it brings on more heat than they need most of the time.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I think the cast is fine. I think Grant could definitely play a good Wally but is great as Barry. I couldn't picture Cosnett leading the show. But then I can barely take the sound of his voice.
    I was just going to say: Rick Cosnett sure *looks* like the traditional comic book portrayal of Barry Allen/the Flash, but he certainly doesn't SOUND anything like I imagine Barry would sound.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Maybe he (and the team) simply doesn't think about that?

It is possible for a team to be fixated on a particular way/method of solving things (hard to 'get rid' of that fixation).
    He does think of doing that with other criminals, though... he's done that sort of thing (disarming and whooshing around from place to place) with no-name thugs and the like quite a few times. And he knows Snart is a bigger threat than those other folks if he gives him a chance to do anything.

Perhaps Barry knows that he's the protagonist in a TV show and that to treat named villains in the same manner would undercut the drama? Because, other than that, I can't really see a reason he wouldn't be more inclined to take Snart and others like him out ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, I'd chalk it more up to how Snart would probably put himself in a position where that would be harder for Barry to do. He targets civilians so Barry has to save them, or has Heat Wave covering him. Barry also can't rush headlong into Cold or else he'll get shot straight-on, and Snart can follow Flash's red-streak to know when he'll be coming. I'm not sure if Barry has enough mastery of his speed yet to just instantly rush Cold, grab the gun, and get out of there before Cold pulls the trigger.
    He demonstrably does, though, since he's disarmed and transported other folks before they could even blink.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Not a bad recomendation. Especially with Martin as James Forrest his CSI superior instead of Joe the cop. If I was writing the show I wouldn't have had Barry living with Joe and Iris. I would have made them neighbor's, and introduced Darryl Fry or made Garrick a cop (like on the original series) and have him take in Barry.
    I would have also gotten rid of Singh or made him more of a minor role in terms of being the belligerent department head. Shipp as Jay Garrick would also have been better as There is no need for Barry to have 3 father figures. And yes I would have made Cosnett Barry Allen and reduced Gustin to either Wally or a departmental sidekick like Julio in the original series.
    Some decent enough ideas but Gustin has been so great as the Flash - even if he is sort of an amalgamation of Wally, Barry and Peter Parker (who, as someone else pointed out, is really just a young version of Barry Allen anyway - that having him anywhere but front and centre sounds like a terrible mistake to me. Cosnett's fine as Eddie but I can't imagine him holding the whole show together in the way that the insanely likable Grant Gustin does.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Some decent enough ideas but Gustin has been so great as the Flash - even if he is sort of an amalgamation of Wally, Barry and Peter Parker (who, as someone else pointed out, is really just a young version of Barry Allen anyway - that having him anywhere but front and centre sounds like a terrible mistake to me. Cosnett's fine as Eddie but I can't imagine him holding the whole show together in the way that the insanely likable Grant Gustin does.
    Gustin is likable, but his voice--such as at the beginning of the show, where his voiceover fills us in on the situation--gets quite grating. This might be just him trying to sound youthful. Or maybe he's trying to do the scratchy Clint Eastwood voice like Cosnett and Amell, but he can't quite get there and instead it sounds nasally and flat.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I was just going to say: Rick Cosnett sure *looks* like the traditional comic book portrayal of Barry Allen/the Flash, but he certainly doesn't SOUND anything like I imagine Barry would sound.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Exactly while Rick looks like Barry come to life facial wise, he doesn't feel like he has the onscreen presence or likability that Grant brings and it kind of help that they did the Barry/Eddie thing the way it did, in face I actually like most of the cast how they did it(maybe Jesse L. Martin as James Forrest but otherwise keep him as Joe West and bring in Julio, Darryl Frye, and Patty Spivot in some way) . Except for eating because of his high metabolism, I don't see any similarities between Grant Gustin Barry and Wally(just the same three traits most tv shows add to Barry, and Smallville with Bart that they take from Wally), maybe some Peter Parker but it feels like mostly Barry from the comics.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    Exactly while Rick looks like Barry come to life facial wise, he doesn't feel like he has the onscreen presence or likability that Grant brings and it kind of help that they did the Barry/Eddie thing the way it did, in face I actually like most of the cast how they did it(maybe Jesse L. Martin as James Forrest but otherwise keep him as Joe West and bring in Julio, Darryl Frye, and Patty Spivot in some way) . Except for eating because of his high metabolism, I don't see any similarities between Grant Gustin Barry and Wally(just the same three traits most tv shows add to Barry, and Smallville with Bart that they take from Wally), maybe some Peter Parker but it feels like mostly Barry from the comics.
    What happens to me with Cosnett, and this is probably due to him having Thawne as his last name, is that he projects kind of a dangerous vibe. I just can't picture him as Barry.

I hope we get Patty Spivot in season two. She's one of my favorite characters form the comics. And I like her better than Iris as romantic interest. Although in the show Barry seems to have that specific corner covered with a bunch of beautiful women swooning for him.

And I'd like to correct myself because I watched last episode again and Joe does refer to him as Barry's adoptive father. Even though I think he was figuratively speaking.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They already have that with Cold. Didn't he smack around a henchman for needlessly killing a cop?

But really, when you're wielding weapons like a blow torch, or fighting a guy with super speed, collateral is gonna happen.
    I meant mostly like Weather Wizard killing random people. Like the person in the morgue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The Rogues don't have a no killing rule. They have a no killing heroes or people they don't have to rule. They are all stone cold killers. They will kill you if they have to they just know it brings on more heat than they need most of the time.
    That's what I mean. The last I saw of the Rogues in the comic books (from memory), they were on a bank heist. Captain Cold canceled the operation, because they were endangering the foundation of the building which would have killed innocent people. Some people like Heatwave were against that and wanted to keep going.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

The Flash'll be on later today, or sometime tommorrow, with Barrys' trip back in time followed up, Captain Cold and Heat Waves' returns, and Golden Gliders' debut - and, someone's back, oh yeah.

Any hopes, worries, or expectations?

For me, shady stuff from Eobard.

Big fights between Flash and Rogues.

And maybe some stuff between Barry and Joe, or fallout from identity stuff - for Barry, with Iris, or with Leonard Snart.

BANNED

Joe, Cisco, and Eddie singing the Firefly theme song.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    The Flash'll be on later today, or sometime tommorrow, with Barrys' trip back in time followed up, Captain Cold and Heat Waves' returns, and Golden Gliders' debut - and, someone's back, oh yeah.

Any hopes, worries, or expectations?

For me, shady stuff from Eobard.

Big fights between Flash and Rogues.

And maybe some stuff between Barry and Joe, or fallout from identity stuff - for Barry, with Iris, or with Leonard Snart.
    Well let's see-- the bowling date still happened so the soap opera cattiness is still a thing, Barry remembers that he and Iris kissed and that he revealed his identity to her but he also knows when Weather Wizard is going to attack Joe so he should be able to head all of that off, Iris still realizes she has feelings for Barry so the kiss should eventually happen anyway, but Barry has no idea what transpired with Kaitlyn, Cisco, and Wells/Thawne (or that Wells is Reverse Flash). He has no idea that he has Cisco's life to save as well as Joe's and Iris', but hopefully what he does do will disrupt things enough so that that scenario never comes to pass. And good grief, three other bad guys are going to come along and add to the mix? All in all, I predict even more comic book geek overload and I can't wait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Well I guess to each his own. I don't find Gustin as Barry like able at all. I find his immaturity a major turn off, for a guy who is supposed to be in his mid 20's he comes across more often than not like a whinny 15 year old. I guess that I can see the appeal that he has to viewers who don't like strong/alpha male type leading men. But for me as a viewer and a comic book collector part of the appeal of theses types of characters is their willingness to step up to the plate and be a grown up. Gustin's Barry doesn't do that he seems to persist in wanting to act like a child, as opposed to being his own man. I also find his portrayal to be one dimensional.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post

Joe, Cisco, and Eddie singing the Firefly theme song.
    This here just made my day
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Spectacular Member ParticleFreezer's Avatar

Top 10 characters who've yet to appear, that need to.

1. The Top
    2. Mirror Master
    3. Jay Garrick
    4. Wally West
    5. Vandal Savage
    6. Kadabra
    7. The Turtle
    8. Dr Alchemy or Mr Element
    9. Gambi
    10. The Shade