Page 18 of 827 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dantefrizzoli View Post
    This show will be better than Gotham
    Any reason you say that? Other than being a brighter show, or not showing the city before the superhero starts up?

I know it's cheesy, but I love this promo image.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Any reason you say that? Other than being a brighter show, or not showing the city before the superhero starts up?
    I think that there's more world building and more mystery in the Flash.

Honestly, Gotham just seems like a cop show with Jim Gordon chasing down freaks. It's been done countless times before. And there's no Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Honestly, Gotham just seems like a cop show with Jim Gordon chasing down freaks. It's been done countless times before. And there's no Batman.
    so? that's what makes it interesting..Bruce Wayne is like 10 and bad s**t was happening in Gotham long before the Batman showed up

the show is about Gordon making his bones in the GCPD, and people like procedurals

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    so? that's what makes it interesting..Bruce Wayne is like 10 and bad s**t was happening in Gotham long before the Batman showed up

the show is about Gordon making his bones in the GCPD, and people like procedurals
    Ah, it might not be to everyones' taste. Procedurals could be found a bit predictable for some, or crime dramas not be their kind of thing, without the splash of superheroics, like Huntress, Nightwing, Robin, or Batman.

And, set in one of the most iconic fictional cities, I dare say, be it comic book, or not. That can be an attractive concept, in of itself, seeing different characters, at a time when Batman and others weren't around to save people, or help out.

Seeing how those people, like James Gordon, or Harvey Bullock, deal with things, and what happens with young, not yet supervillains, like Edward Nygma, Selina Kyle, and most of all for the show, Oswald Cobblepot.

I have my own concerns, like a certain scene between Gordon and Cobblepot that worries me about violent tactics, but I'll give it a go. Be real interesting if this was on Gordon, GCPD, Arkham and so ons' times, experiencing Batman, without having Batman. He's there, but never fully shown, stuff featuring him shown off screen, or minimal. Like that comic book, Streets Of Gotham, or if this was a new, serious, live action Batman show, week to week, called Knights of Batman or something.

Can understand the reservations, but at least with iZombie, The Flash, Gotham, Constantine, Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD and Arrow, we have more than enough, I think, to choose from.

So, The Flash finally officially begins next Tuesday, the 7th of October. For those who haven't seen the pilot, or don't know too much about the Flash mythos, or show, what're your hopes for it to be like?

I just hope for it to be fun, have mysteries, sci-fi stuff, proper super fights, heroes being heroes, none of that murder, torture stuff - for the most part with the first, but completely with the second.

Astonishing Member

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/ind...on_the_cw.html

The Flash is off to a blazing start!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/ind...on_the_cw.html

The Flash is off to a blazing start!

One thing I like about this show (so far) is that the cheesiness doesn't detract from it. I think that one of the thing that it has going in it's favour is that it doesn't pretend to be high drama but at the same time isn't silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post

Procedural cop shows are a dime a dozen on tv already. The show seems to be pretty predictable and I like being surprised.

Default The FLASH TV Discussion Thread

Didn't see a thread so I decided to go ahead and make a place for us to discuss The Flash on The CW.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I'm liking it very much so far. Think it has hooked me already. Oh, whatever you think about the changes to Iris, Candice Patton is very, very cute.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Was a bit vanilla starting off, but I was just eager to see Barry get his powers and boy, do I like what I see.
    Last edited by FuturePasta; 10-07-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

I think Barry is going to need one of these;

Cuz Barry just got Friendzoned!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePasta View Post
    Was a bit vanilla starting off, but I was just eager to see Barry get his powers and boy, do I like what I see.
    It's also easily the best representation of speed ever seen on a television show.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

I can't wait to see how they do Gorilla Grodd