Page 187 of 827 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 12392

Hadn't realized that RF vibrated through the wall - when killing Mason.

That's awesome (I mean, the first part).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Retired

Eobard Thawne tempted fate when he killed Viki Lord's brother. I expect her to show up in Central City for revenge--or maybe her alter ego Niki Smith.

It would have been funny if Harrison Wells had been at the bowling alley in the previous episode--but at least there was one "Ed" there. Rick Cosnett I mean, not Jesse L. Martin. They could start up a singing trio--Three Actors Called Ed.

I think the other timeline was the darkest timeline. Even though up to a certain point the amount of death and loss balances out, in the other timeline Central City was about to be destroyed by a tsunami--something that the Flash never got to stop because he left that timeline.

If Wells had known that, I'm not sure he would've supported Barry letting everything happen as it happened. Since everything Wells has been trying to do would have been destroyed, as well.

In any case, I'm of the view that everything Harrison says or does is a manipulation. He just wants to make sure that no one else knows as much as him about the timeline.

Atom killed Darseid. Ray Palmer > All.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Eobard Thawne tempted fate when he killed Viki Lord's brother. I expect her to show up in Central City for revenge--or maybe her alter ego Niki Smith.

It would have been funny if Harrison Wells had been at the bowling alley in the previous episode--but at least there was one "Ed" there. Rick Cosnett I mean, not Jesse L. Martin. They could start up a singing trio--Three Actors Called Ed.

I think the other timeline was the darkest timeline. Even though up to a certain point the amount of death and loss balances out, in the other timeline Central City was about to be destroyed by a tsunami--something that the Flash never got to stop because he left that timeline.

If Wells had known that, I'm not sure he would've supported Barry letting everything happen as it happened. Since everything Wells has been trying to do would have been destroyed, as well.

In any case, I'm of the view that everything Harrison says or does is a manipulation. He just wants to make sure that no one else knows as much as him about the timeline.
    It's sad because some of the advice he's given Barry is advice I've been using. I even quoted him in one of my essays. I'm truly an evil man.

Incredible Member

Just a quick review of this episode after an equally quick skim through everyone else's comments. I guess I was expecting something close to the epic scale of the last ep as Barry was faced with fixing everything that had gone wrong, so at first I was feeling rather underwhelmed. No rematch with Weather Wizard- he just instantly caught him in a few seconds? Really? I was expecting the harm to Joe and the Captain to be just barely headed off, and for the tsunami to have to be tackled again. And I thought the way Barry approached Iris and expected the previous exchange to just click into place again was embarassingly clumsy of him. Then there was Eddie- overreact much? I would think that a cop who just suddenly attacks a coworker and actually punches him in the face AT AN ACTIVE CRIME SCENE would face stern discipline. And then the "lightning psychosis" explanation that just magically fixed everything complete with hugs just seemed... I don't know, downright silly is all I can think to say.

So I was ready to give this ep a negative review, but it managed to redeem itself. Cisco has shown huge emotional range two episodes in a row now, and the scene where Wells brought him to the room where they had previously tried to capture the Reverse Flash was just ominous enough to tease a repeat of their exchange from the episode before. Luckily it turned out differently. Then of course there were the Rogues, and though I did kind of roll my eyes at the gold gun I ended up enjoying how their part turned out. Barry and Snart in the woods was indeed a very good scene. I loved how after reaching their agreement Snart asked for "a lift" and Barry just ran off as if to say "Screw you, you can walk."

Two questions- One, did Snart ever learn Barry's identity in the comics? And two, I'm not quite clear on exactly what it was about the newspaper man's disappearance that made Barry think that Joe might be right about Wells.

Can't wait to see Mark Hammil.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

"if you got beef take it outside" haha!! xD. Idk that made laigh so much..

This episode was much better then last weeks. Cap Cold and Heatwave were awesome as usual!!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Out of interest, in this show, or outside it, who would you consider his greatest foe, or arch-nemesis?

Reverse-Flash for me, but what about you?
    By the '80s, I would say the Reverse Flash became #1. Cold is still my favorite, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I am not a fan of the show, but I will definitely be tuning in next week for Mark Hamill. Love that guy. And his Trickster is awesome.

Also, even though I don't like the way most of the characters are adapted, I think Cavanagh is a great Reverse Flash. And Cisco is pretty good too. I'm just not big on the others. Anyway, back to the Reverse Flash. I know this is nitpicky, but how do you guys think he was able to establish himself as Harrison Wells when he went back in time.? Wouldn't he need a birth certificate and a valid form of ID to obtain property and get a job at a top corporation? I know he could fake some of it or he could have killed a man and stolen his identity (but that seems unlikely because the name Harrison Wells is a clear homage to the author of The Time Machine), but I don't know how he'd be able to fake parents on a birth certificate.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    It's sad because some of the advice he's given Barry is advice I've been using. I even quoted him in one of my essays. I'm truly an evil man.
    I think we can safely say that Wells' Hannibal Lector batteries are fully charged for the rest of the series.

Fantastic Member

I like this show, but Miller's portrayal of Captain Cold is too campy for me. He sounds like he came right out of the 60's Batman show. He's a good actor so I'm wondering why he made the decision to play the character as if he were a villain in a Saturday morning cartoon. If that's how he was told to do it, it really doesn't work for me.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I like this show, but Miller's portrayal of Captain Cold is too campy for me. He sounds like he came right out of the 60's Batman show. He's a good actor so I'm wondering why he made the decision to play the character as if he were a villain in a Saturday morning cartoon. If that's how he was told to do it, it really doesn't work for me.
    That's the thing, though. Since all of this is a game to him, having Captain Cold act the way he does makes sense (however, I don't see him as a Batman '66-like villain at all).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That's the thing, though. Since all of this is a game to him, having Captain Cold act the way he does makes sense (however, I don't see him as a Batman '66-like villain at all).
    I'm not really talking about the way the character acts and the things he does, I'm talking about how he speaks. Like a super villain in a cartoon. Like he should be twirling a black mustache while delivering his lines. It just comes across as too cheesy/campy and pulls me out of the show---it doesn't seem to fit (to me).

Still a good show, though. I know nothing about the Flash at all and I'm enjoying what I've seen so far.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 03-26-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    By the '80s, I would say the Reverse Flash became #1. Cold is still my favorite, though.
    Me too!

And as master criminals go, I think Gorilla Grodd is better than Professor Zoom--or more fun. I think it got a bit ridiculous with Zoom always trying to get revenge on Barry for something I forget what. He's become a one-note villain. Although I like what the TV show has done with him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Cisco has shown huge emotional range two episodes in a row now
    Agreed. Carlos Valdes and Tom Cavanagh are providing some outstanding acting for this show.

I loved how after reaching their agreement Snart asked for "a lift" and Barry just ran off as if to say "Screw you, you can walk."
    And Snart just laughing at it too. He found it amusing. I'm really liking him.

I'm not quite clear on exactly what it was about the newspaper man's disappearance that made Barry think that Joe might be right about Wells.
    The way I interpreted the scene is a case of Wells saying just a wee bit too much at the wrong time. Barry already knew Joe was investigating Wells for his mother's murder. Then Mason flat out told Barry with confidence that Wells killed Stagg. Barry choose to ignore both, but then he sees the report about Mason suddenly disappearing the exact same way Stagg did just as Wells says, "The important thing is that the timeline is intact."

Click. The puzzle pieces suddenly fit. We've seen Barry desconstruct a crime scene in less than a minute. He notices small details like this. Watching the scene the first time, I immediately felt Wells goofed by even mentioning that the timeline was intact. Even someone as ridiculously smart as Wells should not know this. Clearly Barry caught the small slip too and while it is not enough to prove Wells is a time traveler, it is enough for Barry to believe Joe is right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Then there was Eddie- overreact much? I would think that a cop who just suddenly attacks a coworker and actually punches him in the face AT AN ACTIVE CRIME SCENE would face stern discipline. .
    Yes. This really bothered me, too. Aside from just the unprofessionality of deciding that the workplace (let alone a crime scene) is a good place to air personal grievances- though I've certainly seen my share of that lack of professionality over the years- to immediately take things to a violent resolution?

Not only is that out of character for the "gee gosh golly" personality of Eddie that we've seen all season long so far, it's just way over the top and took me out of the scene like it did you. Sometimes the need for dramatic "shock" value greatly outweighs rational storytelling in televised drama, and it is much to the detriment of it.