Page 20 of 827 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120520 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it was.............decent. nice batch of easter eggs but the pacing was, no pun intended, too fast. it jumped from plot point to plot point without allowing the audience to get use to it. it wasn't bad but it really could've been a lot better.
    It was just setting up the show. It would have been better if they had given it two hours but I liked it. I didn't like how there was no added footage like they said. Everything they showed I had seen 104 times already while watching my bootleg copy of the pilot. At least next week I'll finally see something new

BANNED

The Pilot was good for a DCTV live action show. My first Live action TV show in the DCU TV show.

I can't wait to see what happen next.

Extraordinary Member

Barry just can't escape the Crisis, can he?

BANNED

I've heard spoilers about the end, but TiVo cut off too soon (Barry and his dad were just telling each other I love you). Have to wait and watch the end when it's on the Web site.

Oh, but I liked it. Agree about nobody stopping Barry before he got in the house, though, that was a bit much.

I forgot about it and came in halfway through. I enjoyed it, though it's been so long since I actually watched a show when broadcast that the commercials drove me crazy. (I watch everything on DVD these days... I just see it months after everyone else!). Nice to see John Shipp at Barry's father. I remember enjoying the 1990 Flash series quite a bit when it first aired.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Barry just can't escape the Crisis, can he?
    RIP Barry.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    It was just setting up the show. It would have been better if they had given it two hours but I liked it. I didn't like how there was no added footage like they said. Everything they showed I had seen 104 times already while watching my bootleg copy of the pilot. At least next week I'll finally see something new
    ditto. it really needed more time but it was a nice set up.

I too give the pilot 9 out of 10. So much better than the other hero shows. It loses 1 point for making Iris a barista.

Far more excited by the Flash than Gotham Green Arrow or Agents of Sheild. So far the top of the superhero heap.

Mighty Member

"Run; Barry Run!"

That line was first said by his father when his mother was murdered, then said years later by Dr. Harrison Wells after Barry became the Flash. Coincidence or something more? Dr. Wells is obviously a man with secrets; he has insight into the future and maybe the past. Who is he really, and what is his connection to Barry?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    RIP Barry.
    Would that by any chance have anything to do with DC Comics Infinite Crisis? I saw it in the comic shops and book stores.

I also got an e-mail a few months back for a DC MMORPG Video Game of the same name.

I have no IDEA what either of them are about as I didn't buy the comics because, well, I was there only for Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman New 52 issues. However, if Infinite Crisis is canon and has something to do with Barry Allen then I'll certainly go back by and pick that Infinite Crisis comic up the next time I am in town.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It loses 1 point for making Iris a barista.
    LOL! I think it's her part time while she's in grad school. I understand that she's going to be a journalist eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    Would that by any chance have anything to do with DC Comics Infinite Crisis? I saw it in the comic shops and book stores.

I also got an e-mail a few months back for a DC MMORPG Video Game of the same name.

I have no IDEA what either of them are about as I didn't buy the comics because, well, I was there only for Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman New 52 issues. However, if Infinite Crisis is canon and has something to do with Barry Allen then I'll certainly go back by and pick that Infinite Crisis comic up the next time I am in town.
    It's possibly a reference to the original Crisis on Infinite Earths from 1985, where Barry first died.
    Vote Goat 2020
    "Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." --Jeffrey W Kramer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post

No. Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's the story with that the show hinted at. And for the record when most people say Crisis they mean that particular story. Infinite Crisis was the 20 year anniversary I believe that acted as a sort of pseudo sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    LOL! I think it's her part time while she's in grad school. I understand that she's going to be a journalist eventually.
    That's good, and I hope it happens soon. With Barry keeping his identity as the Flash a secret from her it would give a nice old school feel if she spent a few seasons covering him and not knowing the truth. I don't think her boyfriend the cop needs to die, but Barry and Iris do need to get together eventually. Can't stop true love.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    "Run; Barry Run!"

That line was first said by his father when his mother was murdered, then said years later by Dr. Harrison Wells after Barry became the Flash. Coincidence or something more? Dr. Wells is obviously a man with secrets; he has insight into the future and maybe the past. Who is he really, and what is his connection to Barry?
    He's Zoom. How else would he have a newspaper from the future, and why else would he be trying to make Barry into a hero, which he needs to exist so he can come into existence?