Page 21 of 827 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast

It was okay, but ultimately a bit bland. It was your standard hero origin episode, complete with a generic villain battle. Couldn't they at least give Weather Wizard a costume and his classic wand?

From what I've seen, Captain Cold won't be getting his classic parka even if he does have the freeze gun and shades.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 10-07-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Eddie Thawne is obviously the Hunter Zoloman version of Zoom (despite the name, which I'm not so sure isn't misdirection)

And Wells is clearly the Eobard Thawne version of professor Zoom. They probably just did a name swap to keep it as a mystery for casual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    It was okay, but ultimately a bit bland. It was your standard hero origin episode, complete with a generic villain battle. Couldn't they at least give Weather Wizard a costume and his classic wand?
    Why? the accident just happen why would they be running around in costumes with wands already.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    No. Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's the story with that the show hinted at. And for the record when most people say Crisis they mean that particular story. Infinite Crisis was the 20 year anniversary I believe that acted as a sort of pseudo sequel.
    Oh okay, thanks so much for that info. I'll look up Crisis on Infinite Earth's the next time I'm at the local comic shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Why? the accident just happen why would they be running around in costumes with wands already.
    Something tells me they would never use a costume as awesome as this anyway:

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Eddie Thawne is obviously the Hunter Zoloman version of Zoom (despite the name, which I'm not so sure isn't misdirection)

And Wells is clearly the Eobard Thawne version of professor Zoom. They probably just did a name swap to keep it as a mystery for casual fans.
    Wells is Rip Hunter .

Loved the first episode, can't wait for Captain Cold!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post

From what I've seen, Captain Cold won't be getting his classic parka even if he does have the freeze gun and shades.
    I'm sure Cold will get a costume change later.
    Also isn't there going to be a different weather wizard later?

I thought it started off pretty cheesy, and found Iris to be rather blah, but it got better as they went along. Also i liked Iris' dad. The whole "why in the hell would god need to rob banks" line had me cracking up.

BANNED

This show was surprisingly good. This first episode feels a lot like Spider-Man, and if they can keep of this kind of quality it should be really good. Only bad bit was when he ran off to talk to Green Arrow, a character that didn't come up once before that moment, and then never showed up again. It felt like some stupid aside in a Marvel movie, like when Iron Man 2 stops to tell you there's this Thor thing that takes place in the same universe. It's a weird bit that could have be dropped and nothing would have been lost...besides a scene that stopped forward momentum. Still, the rest of the show was really good.

I'm kind of shocked how good this CW show looks when compared to the Agents of SHIELD episodes I saw. I would imagine they aren't spending the same kind of money that ABC's Marvel show was. But the Weather Wizard (?) Flash fight was bigger and better looking than what I've seen of the other show.

Right now it's better than Gotham. It's probably the best modern superhero pilot thus far. Arrow took a bit of time to hit it's stride, Smallville had glimpses of potential greatness that it never cashed in on. Flash dived in head first, likeable lead, set up it's premise, set up it's character's and arcs, threw out enough to satisfy fans yet held back just enough to keep you wanting more (something Gotham didn't do).
    Holy Smokes the pilot episode was good! Get this Nutter guy who did Arrow and Flash and hand over the DC cinematic universe to him. Was the scientist the Reverse Flash? Or was it Barry's future grand kid or some such? (I just threw that out there because HOLY SMOKES! There was a Crisis reference thrown out in that future news story!!!!!) This episode made me feel like a kid again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    Holy Smokes the pilot episode was good! Get this Nutter guy who did Arrow and Flash and hand over the DC cinematic universe to him. Was the scientist the Reverse Flash? Or was it Barry's future grand kid or some such? (I just threw that out there because HOLY SMOKES! There was a Crisis reference thrown out in that future news story!!!!!) This episode made me feel like a kid again!
    This Nutter Guy? Have you really never heard of him before?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ditto. it really needed more time but it was a nice set up.
    The episode didn't need any more time to do what it does. It was pretty refreshing they didn't try to drag this out over another whole episode. And the Green Arrow bit could have been cut, so this first episode could have actually stood to lose something.

I mean what do you think it needed? What parts needed more time? What didn't it get across that needs to be there? I guess we could have had a whole episode of him having fun with his powers, them testing him, all while more stuff with the villain gets peppered in...but it's really nice they didn't do that.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 10-07-2014 at 08:37 PM.

I liked it. It's very upbeat compared to Gotham but I like both. I'm really only familiar with the Flash from the DCAU so I don't get the Easter eggs but I like how they are tying meta humans to the same source so they don't have to get bogged down with backstory for the superpowered Villians

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    This Nutter Guy? Have you really never heard of him before?
    Had to look him up. He mostly does TV, but I guess he did Disturbing Behavior too. I'm guessing most people haven't heard of him before.