Page 219 of 827 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319719 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 12392
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Yeah, the timing of this episode was weird regarding Felicity and Ray, considering last episode of Arrow Felicity was pretty explicit about the fact that she doesn't actually love Ray and still wants to be with Oliver, so the way their relationship was portrayed here definitely didn't mesh with that. This episode had to take place sometime after Ray found out who all of Team Arrow was but before he was wounded by Maseo's arrow two episodes ago, which is kinda confusing but oh well.

I agree that that would be the most likely window for this to have happened in, but also that it doesn't make sense. Ray found out who the Arrow was and was then wounded by Maseo IN THE SAME EPISODE, and it was a pretty fast paced one that didn't seem to leave any time for his and Felicity's little jaunt to Central City. Points that don't jibe:

1. Ray was looking for help in improving his suit after losing the fight with Oliver, and Felicity apparently suggested he get it from Team Flash in Central City. There was no reason for him to seek that help until after he'd lost the fight.

2. Shortly after the fight with Oliver Ray was mortally wounded, and then received his high-tech cure but was still largely in recovery mode. In Central City he definitely seemed to be in perfect health.

3. Right after the fight with Oliver and his change of heart, Ray was intent on trying to convince the police that the Arrow might be being framed. Not likely he would have left town in the midst of that. It was during a meeting to that end that he was wounded.

4. The latest episode of "Arrow" (which I have not watched yet so just speculating here) is most likely to take place immediately after the arrest of Oliver and Roy, so very unlikely that Ray and Felicity made their Central City trip after a sufficient time for Ray to fully recover from his wounding and after the arrests.

5. News of the arrests and the outing of Oliver's identity would have reached Central City and the whole country, yet there was no mention of it by Team Flash and especially Barry who probably would have wanted to get involved.

Conclusion based on the facts: The most recent episode of "The Flash" can not possibly have happened because there is no window in time for it to fit, yet somehow it did. I know we have to suspend a lot of disbelief in comic book shows but mere continuity doesn't usually get this twisted.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I agree that that would be the most likely window for this to have happened in, but also that it doesn't make sense. Ray found out who the Arrow was and was then wounded by Maseo IN THE SAME EPISODE, and it was a pretty fast paced one that didn't seem to leave any time for his and Felicity's little jaunt to Central City. Points that don't jibe:

1. Ray was looking for help in improving his suit after losing the fight with Oliver, and Felicity apparently suggested he get it from Team Flash in Central City. There was no reason for him to seek that help until after he'd lost the fight.

2. Shortly after the fight with Oliver Ray was mortally wounded, and then received his high-tech cure but was still largely in recovery mode. In Central City he definitely seemed to be in perfect health.

3. Right after the fight with Oliver and his change of heart, Ray was intent on trying to convince the police that the Arrow might be being framed. Not likely he would have left town in the midst of that. It was during a meeting to that end that he was wounded.

4. The latest episode of "Arrow" (which I have not watched yet so just speculating here) is most likely to take place immediately after the arrest of Oliver and Roy, so very unlikely that Ray and Felicity made their Central City trip after a sufficient time for Ray to fully recover from his wounding and after the arrests.

5. News of the arrests and the outing of Oliver's identity would have reached Central City and the whole country, yet there was no mention of it by Team Flash and especially Barry who probably would have wanted to get involved.

Conclusion based on the facts: The most recent episode of "The Flash" can not possibly have happened because there is no window in time for it to fit, yet somehow it did. I know we have to suspend a lot of disbelief in comic book shows but mere continuity doesn't usually get this twisted.
    Yeah, it gets even more confusing given a cameo within last night's episode of Arrow.

Snart: Just remember; without us, you guys would be out of business.

There's something very troubling about that line.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I agree with all the comments about the Iris sub-plot, I was rolling my eyes anytime she was on screen, though compared to Laurel what they're doing with Iris don't seem so bad. Course, it would be perfect if Iris and Laurel just eloped together or something in the season finales.

So Wells is the big bad for this season, presumably it wraps up by the end of finale, I am not well versed in my Flash knowledge so who could the potential big bad be for next season?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I agree with all the comments about the Iris sub-plot, I was rolling my eyes anytime she was on screen, though compared to Laurel what they're doing with Iris don't seem so bad. Course, it would be perfect if Iris and Laurel just eloped together or something in the season finales.

So Wells is the big bad for this season, presumably it wraps up by the end of finale, I am not well versed in my Flash knowledge so who could the potential big bad be for next season?
    Most people are thinking it's Grodd and that's what the producers have been hinting at. I think the Rogues will also play a bigger role though, since their numbers will be growing, and Mirror Master will be making his debut next season as well.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Most people are thinking it's Grodd and that's what the producers have been hinting at. I think the Rogues will also play a bigger role though, since their numbers will be growing, and Mirror Master will be making his debut next season as well.
    That sounds good! I completely forgot about Mirror Master, I can't wait to see his on screen debut!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

My theories for the final episodes. These aren't exactly spoilers since not a lot of it is confirmed but if you want to avoid spoilers as much as possible I suggest you not read this post.

1x19: Who Is Harrison Wells? - Joe and Cisco go to Starling City to investigate Wells and find the original's decomposed body, meanwhile in Central City Barry, Wells, Caitlin try to capture Everyman, a shapeshifter who possibly takes the forms of Barry and Eddie (that's what the promo indicates) . I'm assuming that there will be some insane Wells reveals and Caitlin will finally be convinced that Wells is bad, which takes us to the next episode...

1x20: The Trap - The official synopsis indicates that the team (Barry, Cisco, Caitlin, and Joe) will set a trap for Wells and Cisco will be used as bait, recreating the scene from Out of Time. Apparently Eddie will make a decision regarding Iris which leaves Joe a bit unsettled. I'm thinking he either breaks up with her, tells her to leave town, or tells her Barry's secret. The Wonder Con promo seems to confirm that Wells will be imprisoned in the pipleline.

1x21: Grodd Lives - No synopsis for this yet, just the title. By looking at the promo I'm going to assume that Grodd will make his first clear on screen appearance and that Joe will be trapped in his lair forcing Barry and the team to rescue him.

1x22: Rogue Air - The producers said that we won't see all of the Rogues together this season, but judging from the rumors, tid bits of news, and stuff we've seen in the promos, I'm going to assume that this will be a villain team up episode featuring Mist, Rainbow Raider, Weather Wizard, and Deathbolt. Yes, Doug Jones is going to be in the episode but I'm not sure what role he will play. We might get some cool reveals about metahumans, we got a hint at the end of this week's Arrow but this could give us more info. I think it could even lead into the Arrow/Flash spin off show. Also, I think Wells might free everyone from the pipeline in this one. According to the producers this is an episode where every single member of the cast talks about the ethics of the pipeline.

1x23: Fast Enough - I think Barry will go back in time in this episode. But that's all I got.
    Last edited by GrandKaiser; 04-16-2015 at 01:39 PM.

BANNED

I did a rewatch of the 'All Star Team-up' episode, hoping it would get better..it got worse. Probably the worst episode of the season, in terms of acting, story, dialog.
    The first little Flash hijinks with the cops was good, but then it went all down hill.
    Brandon Routh was pretty charming, though. The Felicity character is beginning to grate, though.
    I really hope next week brings the show back on track.

I really hope the Cisco vision thing is going somewhere meaningful and is not just a shoddy plot device.

I also don't give the least bit of crap about Ray. He does nothing for me.(I don't watch Arrow)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I put the blame on iris, and partially Eddie. As someone else mentioned, there are lines of confidentiality that cannot be crossed in policework, and it can be a burden. Iris, as a policeman's daughter, should understand this, and be supportive rather than confrontational and handing out ultimatums. Eddie could do a better job of explaining that what he's not saying is a confidential matter.
    Well in fairness, a lot this argument about police business is just being inferred because of Eddie's line of work. We don't know that Eddie ever keeps police business from Iris. There are lots of shows where cops are discussing cases with their significant others, it's not a leap to imagine that might be the case here. And if Eddie was a better liar(and maybe had come up with a decent lie to tell with Joe and Barry) he would've told her he's really upset about his work and he doesn't want to go into details about it, instead of just biting his tongue every time she confronts him. Based on Iris' behavior with Barry and now Eddie, she really hates people close to her keeping secrets. That might be what she experienced sometimes with her dad on the police force, but no one sets the same expectations of their parents on their peers, especially peers they're in close relationships with. So the secret keeping is just going to make her feel like she's being treated like a child....which in this case, she is. The ultimatum is still really stupid though, unless she was already looking for a reason to dump Eddie.

In general, she seems to be following a similar arc as Mary Jane from the Spider-Man movies, which this show sometimes feels like an homage to. First she's the nice, pretty number one girl of the hero has been fixated on since before he got his powers, then she's slightly hostile because she's being kept out of the loop about something important to protect her, even though she ends up in danger anyway, and lastly she's written as flakey, indecisive and demanding in a way that gives the impression she's not a suitable mate for a superhero. Except of course, she doesn't have all the information everyone else does.

BANNED

I hope Caitlin sides with Wells in this situation.

That would make her the only sane person out of the group of whackos in Barry, Cisco and Joe.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    That sounds good! I completely forgot about Mirror Master, I can't wait to see his on screen debut!
    For season 2 I expect Mirror Master (preferably McCulloch), Abra Kadabra, and The Top. It would be cool if they also somehow managed to do Vandal Savage.

Retired

Over on ARROW, somehow having Laurel become friends with Nyssa and train with her, made me accept Laurel as Black Canary more than when she was training with Ted Grant. I think this is because it makes a woman sympathetic--as I was reading on another website--if she has female friends and gets along with them (isn't sniping at them, being a bitch toward them). When a female character can only be friends with a group of males, this somehow makes her unsympathetic.

Whenever Iris has had friendly scenes with Caitlin or Felicity, it's helped to build up her character. When she is antagonistic toward other women--as with Linda Park--this brings down her character. One of the bad things about Iris bailing on the dinner is that she betrayed Felicity who was there to support her and spend some friend time with her. So this was yet another strike against Iris.

This runs against Cool Girl theory. As I was reading, the Cool Girl is a Jennifer Lawerence type character who acts like a guy and gets along in a group of guys, but remains hot. However, she doesn't get along with other women. This is supposed to be the nerd guy's fantasy female. But I don't think it's true. Guys might like the Cool Girl for awhile, but she wears our her welcome pretty quickly.

EDIT: This is the article I was reading--it talks about Marvel women, but I'm not sure it's always so true at Marvel and I don't think it applies only to Marvel.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 04-16-2015 at 08:47 PM.

BANNED

leaving the dinner is hardly a betrayal, especially since felicity didn't plan it on her behalf, it was on behalf eddie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I just think of it was Barry being fixated...not seeing the solution right away (he's under a lot of pressure now anyways..feeling betrayed, working with his mom's killer and all).

He couldn't see past one school of thought - just avoiding the bees, instead of running past them and arrest Bug Eyed Bandit.
    It depends on how fast the bees are. Top speed of 60-100 mph? Hard to see them giving even this version of Barry trouble.

But if they top out at under Mach 1, which is actually close to Barry's limit, then I can see them giving him problems.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Yeah, it gets even more confusing given a cameo within last night's episode of Arrow.
    Have now seen the latest "Arrow," and you're right, the latest "Flash" still doesn't make sense. It did however have someone actually ask the question we all have about Team Flash's pipeline prison (but without providing an answer), and it added a new mystery- there are metas out there who somehow got their powers in a way other than the particle accelerator accident. For those Flash fans who don't watch "Arrow," there's now a villain called Deathbolt in the pipeline who is super strong and can fire energy beams from his eyes.