Page 220 of 827 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 12392
    Retired

When there's a nuclear accident, the radiation spreads out all over the globe and can eventually be detected on the other side of the Earth from the accident--although at lower levels of radiation. So why would the particle accelerator be any different?

Incredible Member

Yeah, I don't think that reveal was intended to be taken as there's another source of metahumans out there, but rather that metahumans aren't just limited to Central City like they were assuming. That the particle accelerator actually produced metahumans all over the globe and Central City just had the highest concentration due to proximity.

Incredible Member

Well, we had Slade and his Mirakuru army on "Arrow," and IF Ray ends up with shrinking powers because of the nanobots in his body- wouldn't they be considered metahumans that had nothing to do with the accelerator?

I realize Emily Kinney is older than she looks, but still...it was hard to buy her as an accomplished scientist (not that she doesn't fit right in with the other young cast members of this show). Great seeing Dr. McGee again (would not mind having her come in to replace Wells), though, and I enjoyed Ray's appearance. Wasn't exactly what you'd call a team-up, I mean, Atom and Flash were working jointly but not side by side. I guess I was hoping that Atom would shrink and ride on Flash's shoulder while he was running. Cisco would make a great part of Team Atom. Doesn't look like he'll be leaving Flash's side any time soon, but seeing him and Ray get along was fun.

And that split second shot of the Reverse Flash at the end! Brr!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Why must all these supernames be friggin acronyms. F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. was the most egregious but Atom too?
    At least Atom has its own gesture and sound effect too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With all the Iron Man comparisons, I don't think giving Atom shrinking powers would really make much of a difference, aside from actually making the character more like their comic counterpart. If people complain about DC ripping off Marvel with their own shrinking character...well, that speaks to how misinformed they are to who The Atom is. Heck, we already have two archers and two speedsters, two female combatants with no powers who still kick butt, so why not two size-changing characters?
    Are you comparing Black Canary to Black Widow...or to Mockingbird? Because she's kinda similar to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Cisco continues to be a more and more compelling character (though it struck me that if he was able to build those three guns for the Rogues from scratch as quickly as he did, he should have been able to fix Barry's defibrillator in minutes).
    Could be a special part that was burned out and he didn't have the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But I kind of understand, because they want the show to go for at least five years--and how are you going to create drama with Iris for all that time? If she just ends up as the faithful girl friend or wife of the Flash, then there's no story. Those kind of characters get killed off.
    She's a reporter, which could put her at the center of things. Also, her relationship with Barry could be on again, off again until they get married and then she has to handle being pregnant with twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    In general, she seems to be following a similar arc as Mary Jane from the Spider-Man movies, which this show sometimes feels like an homage to. First she's the nice, pretty number one girl of the hero has been fixated on since before he got his powers, then she's slightly hostile because she's being kept out of the loop about something important to protect her, even though she ends up in danger anyway, and lastly she's written as flakey, indecisive and demanding in a way that gives the impression she's not a suitable mate for a superhero. Except of course, she doesn't have all the information everyone else does.
    Sounds a lot like Lana Lang as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    It depends on how fast the bees are. Top speed of 60-100 mph? Hard to see them giving even this version of Barry trouble.

But if they top out at under Mach 1, which is actually close to Barry's limit, then I can see them giving him problems.
    The problem was, the bees had Barry surrounded. Even if he was faster than them, he couldn't run around them or fit through the spaces between them. A few would end up being stuck on him like a car's windshield, which greatly increases the chances of him being stung.

I consider black canary on par with mocking bird more than black widow. Simply from the costume and choice of weapons

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The problem was, the bees had Barry surrounded. Even if he was faster than them, he couldn't run around them or fit through the spaces between them. A few would end up being stuck on him like a car's windshield, which greatly increases the chances of him being stung.
    That, too. He was expecting an exit, so he got boxed in. And if the mechanical bees were faster than expected, sheer numbers would easily get him surrounded.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

EDIT: This is the article I was reading--it talks about Marvel women, but I'm not sure it's always so true at Marvel and I don't think it applies only to Marvel.
    Most Marvel women don't fall into the description of 'cool girl'. Since most of them (especially the X-women) behave in a very feminine manner even if they do portray a male psyche. I classify these women as being Alpha Females. What I have found that with Marvel women (and women in real life who are like them). They often don't get along with other women or eschew female companionship due to the fact that they find the general female population to be either too girly or shallow (Girls and Real Housewives of ________ is debasing). They either will gravitate to hanging around men, or women who have similar temperaments.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    That, too. He was expecting an exit, so he got boxed in. And if the mechanical bees were faster than expected, sheer numbers would easily get him surrounded.
    If it was the comics, he would have done a cool top like spin to knock them off.
    I am still hoping to see a cool Infantino type spin from the Flash on the show at some point.

so many problems could have been solved in this episode if Team Flash just established a password with each other

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    so many problems could have been solved in this episode if Team Flash just established a password with each other
    My safe word is gelato

Flash truly carries Arrow. Even when Arrow characters appear on Flash, they become infinitely more fun. I get that it's a tonal choice, but beyond that, I have not been enjoying Arrow much this season. I totally called Canary getting some type of choker which would mimic her metahuman ability way back when they debuted the sonic grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    Flash truly carries Arrow. Even when Arrow characters appear on Flash, they become infinitely more fun. I get that it's a tonal choice, but beyond that, I have not been enjoying Arrow much this season. I totally called Canary getting some type of choker which would mimic her metahuman ability way back when they debuted the sonic grenades.
    It was hard to top S2..hopefully, it will get better in S3.

I am wondering about Flash's S2. S1 has been amazing so far..it would be hard to top it.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I realize Emily Kinney is older than she looks, but still...it was hard to buy her as an accomplished scientist (not that she doesn't fit right in with the other young cast members of this show).
    Most accomplished scientists begin their serious, major work at a young age. Watson and Crick were 25 and 37, respectively, when they published the article that's credited as the discovery of DNA. Stephen Hawking was in his 20s when he tarted his major work.

BANNED

I really think they're overdoing it with these crossovers. Once a season is enough to keep it fun, but beyond that is overkill. The tones of the two shows don't really mesh that well and it ends up forcing some of the characters to act out of character to adapt. Although this one wasn't as bad because the actual heroes didn't crossover.

BANNED

So how come Captain Lance isn't a frothing psycho now? And he has a bad heart again where he says all he can do is push papers around, when he was running around for weeks guns blazing, breaking into buildings?

It really feels as if the Flash showrunners don't care what the Arrow showrunners are doing, and they're just undermining Arrow's story.