Page 227 of 827 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Cisco had to be able to walk into it in the first place. They didn't expect Wells to use Everyman in place of him, since it was designed specifically for Speedsters with the intention that Cisco would be able to move in and out of it.
    Actually, Cisco didn't have to walk through it. He didn't turn the force field on until he was already inside the containment perimeter. They made a point of showing him taking the remote control out of his pocket to activate the device as Everyman approached. That aside though, given Cisco's detailed knowledge of how Barry's powers work, I assume the field was designed to react specifically to the presence of vibrational/speed force energy and block/neutralize it. Bit since Everyman didn't have any, it had no effect on him.

Spectacular Member

Why do you think Thawne is so set on revenge?

So if we take the newspaper as indicative of a likely future for the DCTVU:

- Obviously, and as brought up by Vanguard-01, Barry will eventually get a more comic-accurate costume, and this might inspire Cisco to make it a reality sooner rather than later.

- Iris, of course, marries Barry and becomes Iris West-Allen. That line about the hyphen gave me a good chuckle .

- Ollie finally starts calling himself Green Arrow (though we knew about this for a while), though Starling is still Starling and not Star City...at least it doesn't sound like he has a public identity by then.

- Atom is still active in Starling, as is Hawkgirl. Though Kendra's supposed to pop up in Flash first I believe...

- The "Crisis" was Reverse-Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Actually, Cisco didn't have to walk through it. He didn't turn the force field on until he was already inside the containment perimeter. They made a point of showing him taking the remote control out of his pocket to activate the device as Everyman approached. That aside though, given Cisco's detailed knowledge of how Barry's powers work, I assume the field was designed to react specifically to the presence of vibrational/speed force energy and block/neutralize it. Bit since Everyman didn't have any, it had no effect on him.
    Ah! Got it .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow! Amazing episode. I can't believe they found a way to make Vibe's sunglasses important. Reminds me of how Nolan made it so that almost every part of Batman's costume was there for a reason. Vibe's sunglasses were always so silly now they help Cisco see into alternate timelines and possibly dimensions if they follow his comic book powers.

Yeah that was nuts. Eddie has always seemed too perfect so I wouldn't be surprised if he became an evil speedster. Wells obviously needs him alive. Or maybe Eddie will sacrifice himself at the end to erase Eobard from existence.

Daredevil is very good but I think Flash is still the champ. All the comic book fun they pack into every episode! Meta human fights, time travel, alternate timelines, etc. So much fun every week.
    Yes, fun is the key difference. The flash show is by far the most exciting show because of the more liberal use of powers and less grounded nature of the show. Agent's of shield has snippets of that with the inhumans, but it's far more muted against the backdrop of the standard agents.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    So much to process after tonight's episode.

Barry being Gideon's creator? Didn't see that coming at all.

Everyman impersonating Wells/Eobard? Didn't see that coming either, but should have.

Wells/Eobard fully aware that "Team Flash" knew who he was because he set up surveillance on everyone (including Iris and Eddie's sex life apparently) which is call back to the third episode of the season? Definitely didn't see that one coming, but should have.

Also glad that finally Iris figured out Barry is Flash on her own, but hated the way she did find out. Really CW? she figures it out because of a literal spark between them? bleech!

And poor, poor Eddie getting triple-cockblocked in this episode. First by a newspaper from the future written by his would-be finance, then by his partner and would-be fiancee's dad, and then by his own great great great great grandson. No wonder the Thawne family will become evil.

Also, great villain monologues by Tom Cavanaugh, what his speech where he tells "Team Flash" that he's actually made their lives better than they were and sincerely believes it (well, he might have prevented Caitlin from becoming Killer Frost...maybe). And then in that flashback in the end, where he admits he's actually become fond of Barry but cannot forgive. Great stuff.

Just a fantastic episode all around, save for the obligatory CW soap opera portion.

The nice thing about not watching it live is you can skip over the sentimental crap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    Why do you think Thawne is so set on revenge?
    Probably because of the initial fight with Barry/Flash that sent him into the past, so he blames Barry for trapping him in the past. That, and 15 years to obsess over that would make any insane villain even more insane and focused on revenge. So yeah, it makes sense that he wants revenge, once he steals enough speedforce to get himself back to his own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Probably because of the initial fight with Barry/Flash that sent him into the past, so he blames Barry for trapping him in the past. That, and 15 years to obsess over that would make any insane villain even more insane and focused on revenge. So yeah, it makes sense that he wants revenge, once he steals enough speedforce to get himself back to his own time.
    He came to the past set on revenge.

Brilliant episode.

Except for the Iris parts.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, as the Flash he said he would get Eddie back the exact same way he said it as Barry when Eddie was arrested an episode or two earlier, pretty much word for word. The spark was just for added effect.
    I need to correct myself after reading the review. The spark wasn't merely added effect, but happened when Iris was visiting Barry during his coma. So that makes two things that the Flash did she remembers Barry doing. One might be coincidence, but two is a pattern.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Yeah this was definitely one of the best episodes of the series. I feel so bad for Eddie but since he's the Arrowverse version of Cobalt Blue I think it's safe to say that he will turn bad soon. They're not exactly being subtle with it, I mean every episode for the past few weeks has had something terrible happen in his life.

Can't wait for Grodd next week. And the week after that, Wells will probably release the metahumans, and the week after that will be the showdown. I'm so excited.

That scene with Cisco in the dream world felt like it was straight out of JLA's Vibe (a phenomenal series that ended way too soon) . I'd like to see Cisco use those powers more often. That'd be cool.

Also, I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but adding reverb to someone's voice doesn't really change how they sound. To me it was still obvious that it was Barry. I mean if Eobard can lower the pitch of his voice why can't Barry? Reverb doesn't do anything so I don't know why Iris didn't find out sooner.

They've really made the Reverse Flash one of the scariest villains I've seen in a long time. He seems so unstoppable and the obscured face and red eyes make him even more terrifying. He's like a "boogey man" who can show up at almost anytime anywhere to take someone out or cause problems.
    Plus I love his voice and the music or sound effects they use when he's on screen. That eerie vibrating noise.

And I can't say enough amazing things about Tom Cavenagh's performance. He seemlessly goes from charming, to funny, to menacing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Yeah this was definitely one of the best episodes of the series. I feel so bad for Eddie but since he's the Arrowverse version of Cobalt Blue I think it's safe to say that he will turn bad soon. They're not exactly being subtle with it, I mean every episode for the past few weeks has had something terrible happen in his life.

Can't wait for Grodd next week. And the week after that, Wells will probably release the metahumans, and the week after that will be the showdown. I'm so excited.

That scene with Cisco in the dream world felt like it was straight out of JLA's Vibe (a phenomenal series that ended way too soon) . I'd like to see Cisco use those powers more often. That'd be cool.

Also, I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but adding reverb to someone's voice doesn't really change how they sound. To me it was still obvious that it was Barry. I mean if Eobard can lower the pitch of his voice why can't Barry? Reverb doesn't do anything so I don't know why Iris didn't find out sooner.
    Flash's reverb did seem lower in earlier episodes. He also seemed to keep himself to few words when talking with Iris in the earlier episodes and hasn't interacted with her much as Flash since then.

As for Thawne, I'm kinda wondering if we might get the grand fake-out, and Eddie takes/sacrifices his own life at the end of the season thinking it'll "erase" Eobard Thawne...only to have it revealed that Eddie's Death sets his heretofore-unseen brother on the path of vengeance against the Flash/Allen family, and it's THAT guy that Eobard descends from. Basically Eobard's "insurance policy" is arranging matters so that he comes to exist, and part of that involves Eddie dying in a very specific circumstance. It'd also continue the whole "Thawne is always one step ahead" business and at least temporarily throw up a roadblock to Barry/Iris. I could very easily see Thawne/Wells letting people believe that Eddie's sacrifice made him disappear, though.

Mainly because at this point they've made Eddie so thoroughly decent that having him go "to the dark side" is going to seem...hard to buy. Plus it'd be a callback to Tommy Merlyn on Arrow, whom everyone believed was going to be the Merlyn from the comics eventually/the "Lex Luthor" to Ollie's "Clark Kent" in "nu-Smallville." And then he died.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

"Iris Thawn sounds great right?" Eddie is doomed.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    "Iris Thawn sounds great right?" Eddie is doomed.
    Heh. Barry's response to that was so funny.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?