Page 228 of 827 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328728 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Flash's reverb did seem lower in earlier episodes. He also seemed to keep himself to few words when talking with Iris in the earlier episodes and hasn't interacted with her much as Flash since then.

As for Thawne, I'm kinda wondering if we might get the grand fake-out, and Eddie takes/sacrifices his own life at the end of the season thinking it'll "erase" Eobard Thawne...only to have it revealed that Eddie's Death sets his heretofore-unseen brother on the path of vengeance against the Flash/Allen family, and it's THAT guy that Eobard descends from. Basically Eobard's "insurance policy" is arranging matters so that he comes to exist, and part of that involves Eddie dying in a very specific circumstance. It'd also continue the whole "Thawne is always one step ahead" business and at least temporarily throw up a roadblock to Barry/Iris. I could very easily see Thawne/Wells letting people believe that Eddie's sacrifice made him disappear, though.

Mainly because at this point they've made Eddie so thoroughly decent that having him go "to the dark side" is going to seem...hard to buy. Plus it'd be a callback to Tommy Merlyn on Arrow, whom everyone believed was going to be the Merlyn from the comics eventually/the "Lex Luthor" to Ollie's "Clark Kent" in "nu-Smallville." And then he died.
    I don't know, personally I think the rumors of Eddie being Cobalt Blue could be true. They might have to get rid of the fact that CB is actually Barry Allen's brother but I think it works in this show. Introducing the "unmentioned relative" is one of the laziest and cliched tropes ever. They just did it in Arrow with Shado's "twin sister". It's stupid and I would hope that this show wouldn't stoop so low. I don't think Eddie going to the dark side would seem too hard to buy if they didn't make him completely evil. Eobard could brainwash him or torture him or threaten Iris. There would be so many ways. Plus, if Eobard gives him speed powers or the mystical gem which will allow him to absorb Barry's speed he could turn evil from that.

Eddie is one of my favorite characters on this show but he's getting kind of dull. He doesn't do anything on the show. But he's clearly important because of Wells/Eobard they just need to do more with him. I think making him Cobalt Blue would be fantastic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    The ultimate thing is, if Wells was innocent, then there was no harm in letting Barry, Joe, and Cisco investigate without clueing Wells in on it. Best case scenario, they prove or find nothing. Worst case scenario, he's guilty and then she knows that she's been lied to for years, this nan ruined her and her boyfriends life , harmed untold amounts of people with his accelerator explosion and is one of the most dangerous men in the world.

The alternative to that is tell him, kill any investigation, never really know, possibly put everyone at risk.

There were enough reasons to give them suspicion. Joe and Eddie really has no reason to be loyal to Wells. Barry wasn't suspicious until a reporter who was looking into Wells went missing. If anybody else was the Reverse Flash, why kill a guy whose linking someone else to the identity? The only person who benefits is Wells if he's the a Reverse Flash. That made sense for Barry in conjunction with Joe always being skeptical. Cisco was always weary of his machine not working, and he had been having recurring nightmares that were dressing him out. That made him more prone to believe it.

So it comes down to the Caitlin scenario I already laid out. She has nothing to lose. The only negative thing that could happen is that Wells is innocent, he finds out, gets upset, everyone explains there side of the story, and he either forgives them or doesn't. That's the biggest risk if he's innocent.

It's really the only logical thing.
    The problem is there was no proving him innocent in this scenario not because he was guilty, which he was, but because all the actual proof they had pointed to him being innocent but they were still trying to prove otherwise. They were themselves eye witnesses to Wells being attacked by RF and had DNA proof that RF was someone other than Wells. No other proof they found would have convinced them. Also to play your game, if she told him what's the worst thing that could happen. If he had been innocent he couldn't ruin the investigation because there is no evidence to hide and telling them to stop looking would do no good but he could save them time by providing and alibi. With him being guilty telling him would make no difference due to the fact that Joe had previously revealed that he was suspicious and if he cared to not get caught he would have covered his tracks from that point forward, which he did.

As far as why Barry and others were suspicious I never questioned why they were, I simply stated why it made sense for Catlin to not fall in line with those suspicions. Although Barry had no reason to tie the missing reporter to RF since the Wells story he was killed over could have had nothing to do with that and more to do with whatever Wells worked with Eiling on or any of the other shady stuff Wells/Thawne did to make the particle accelerator happen sooner.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    I don't know, personally I think the rumors of Eddie being Cobalt Blue could be true. They might have to get rid of the fact that CB is actually Barry Allen's brother but I think it works in this show. Introducing the "unmentioned relative" is one of the laziest and cliched tropes ever. They just did it in Arrow with Shado's "twin sister". It's stupid and I would hope that this show wouldn't stoop so low. I don't think Eddie going to the dark side would seem too hard to buy if they didn't make him completely evil. Eobard could brainwash him or torture him or threaten Iris. There would be so many ways. Plus, if Eobard gives him speed powers or the mystical gem which will allow him to absorb Barry's speed he could turn evil from that.

Eddie is one of my favorite characters on this show but he's getting kind of dull. He doesn't do anything on the show. But he's clearly important because of Wells/Eobard they just need to do more with him. I think making him Cobalt Blue would be fantastic.
    I think if they do go the Cobalt Blue route with Eddie, it won't be a mystical gem...but it will be a miniaturized/modified version of the "Tachyon Device" that Wells has been using to charge himself up.

But TBH I think brainwashing/torturing Eddie into becoming a supervillain with a strong enough hatred of Barry Allen that it carries across generations would be just as implausible and cliche as revealing an "unmentioned relative." Besides, it isn't like Eddie's been given a lot of time to talk about his family on-screen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I never said she was "stupid or crazy." I said it would have been stupid of her to simply walk up to Wells and tell them about the others' suspicions, but I also said she was too smart to do something like that.

Barry and company weren't asking her to "ignore" anything. They were simply asking her to open herself up to the possibility that they were right about Wells and hold off doing anything that might tip him off before they'd had the chance to confirm (or disprove) their suspicions. It's that simple really. They weren't asking her to betray Wells' trust. They were simply asking her not to betray theirs. At that point, when they hadn't yet uncovered any proof and were still just investigating, the two things were not mutually exclusive. She could do both. But by choosing to betray Barry's and Cisco's trust and possibly alert Wells (inadvertently) to their suspicions, she was potentially endangering all their lives if it turned out her trust in Wells was misplaced (which it was). Saying anything to Wells that might tip him off would have been a very bad mistake on Caitlin's part.
    You didn't say she was stupid but the discussion started because someone did.

As I said in my response to lancerman, they had evidence that Wells was innocent but were still looking for proof of guilt. She had no reason to believe they would stop investigating if they found nothing in Starling city. You also need to remember this was not a strictly objective and logical thing for her, she had emotions involved that put her way too close to be reasonable enough not to choose a side.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Probably because of the initial fight with Barry/Flash that sent him into the past, so he blames Barry for trapping him in the past. That, and 15 years to obsess over that would make any insane villain even more insane and focused on revenge. So yeah, it makes sense that he wants revenge, once he steals enough speedforce to get himself back to his own time.
    I got the impression that Barry betrayed Thawne or killed his family. Does Barry Allen ever become a villain in the comics?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyflute View Post
    I got the impression that Barry betrayed Thawne or killed his family. Does Barry Allen ever become a villain in the comics?
    Not that I know of. I think the reason Reverse Flash hates Flash is because he keeps foiling his evil schemes like classic villains. Though it's more likely due to the love triangle with Iris, Eddie, and Barry.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Not that I know of. I think the reason Reverse Flash hates Flash is because he keeps foiling his evil schemes like classic villains. Though it's more likely due to the love triangle with Iris, Eddie, and Barry.
    Why does Thawne harbor such hatred for the Allen family in the comics? I know it'll probably be revealed on the show, but I'm really curious why a speedster from the 25th century would travel back in time to kill Barry. Thawne also made it sound like he and Barry had some sort of conflict hundreds of years from now.

Ultimate Member

Well yeah, he and older Flash were fighting each other when Nora Allen got caught in the proverbial-crossfire. And Thawne/Wells specifically calls himself "the reverse" of Flash. Them being major foes in the future is obvious. The only question now is, why is that the case?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    God, every episode of this show has been pure bliss!

Did anyone else notice that they've basically told us to expect Barry's costume to get brighter and even more like his comic costume as the show progresses?
    Well hopefully not like Booth's crappy redesign!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    You didn't say she was stupid but the discussion started because someone did.
    But, since I didn't say it, mentioning it in specific response to me was irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    As I said in my response to lancerman, they had evidence that Wells was innocent but were still looking for proof of guilt. She had no reason to believe they would stop investigating if they found nothing in Starling city. You also need to remember this was not a strictly objective and logical thing for her, she had emotions involved that put her way too close to be reasonable enough not to choose a side.
    They didn't have any evidence of Wells' innocence. Given what they knew of both metahumans and advanced tech, there were a dozen ways he could have faked the confrontation with the Reverse-Flash. And they all had "emotions involved" in what was going on. Cisco and Barry had just as many emotional ties to Wells as she did (he literally saved Barry's life) but they were able to see past that to the truth. Emotions and reason are not mutually exclusive. They can (and for most people most of the time) do act in concert. If Caitlin allowed her emotions to override her reason, then that was a poor choice on her part. An understandable one? Sure. No one's saying it wasn't. But just because someone can rationalize a bad decision doesn't make it a good one.

Thawne having a deep hatred for Barry Allen, and being obsessed with killing him, is straight from the comics though we still don't know the exact reasoning of it in the context of the DCTVU. It could be because of a Thawne/Allen rivalry set off by the love triangle, or Thawne finding out, as many have theorized, that Flash eventually kills him after a visit to the Flash Museum, or even something completely different.

Whatever the original reasoning, it seems like it drove Thawne to go back in history to try and kill Flash multiple times in the original timeline but could never succeed. That probably made the enmity even more personal. And then he realized he could just go back in time and kill Barry as a kid, and didn't have his powers, but Flash even managed to rob him of that.

How does "It was not my intention to kill Nora" not sound like a confession? Or at least not very suspicious?

Ultimate Member

Yeah, it really does. Also while I'm glad that Iris FINALLY knows, they did it in pretty much the dumbest way possible. Maybe if they'd set that up more, it could have worked, but not here. Wow, even when they do something right with Iris's character, they still manage to screw it up in some way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How does "It was not my intention to kill Nora" not sound like a confession? Or at least not very suspicious?
    It sounds suspicious, but the cops and DA need a lot more than that to overturn a standing murder conviction. And saying you didn't intend to do something isn't the same as admitting that you actually did do something. And even if they did get Wells on tape admitting killing Nora, the police would still have to investigate and determine how and why he did it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    The field was meant to stop a speedster's powers. Hannibal wasn't a speedster, thus there was no effect on him.
    Did Hannibal do the vibrating hand thing? I almost want to say he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Eh probably not enough for a conviction.

Interest thought. Wells can pretty much troll Team Flash with impunity. They may know Wells is a bad guy but they have nothing on him. Wells can just fire Cisco & Caitlyn and threaten to sue the police department for harassment if Joe continues to investigate him. They figuratively (and literally) can't touch him.