Page 23 of 827 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    That was AMAZING. Better than most Superhero movies. It had heart, it was inspirational and it was above all, fun. I had chills three times watching it. The first time was when Barry was trying out his powers. The second was when him and Oliver both said "cool," and the third was when the line, "Run, Barry, Run!" happened. Just awesome.
    I'm still geeking out over:

- Gorilla Grodd's cage
    - The sneak peek of upcoming villains in the trailer at the end of tonight's episode: Mob Rule, The Mist and, best of all, Captain Cold in action!
    - The Crisis spoiler (featuring a *bright* red Flash costume with the chest insignia showing a classic white background behind the lightning bolt).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Agreed. I love Arrow because it's more realistic and gritty. This looks more "Smallvillish". Not that Smallville wasn't good. Just that what that show was is about what we're going to get out of this show.

Some things I liked in the pilot:
    -Barry seeing the Reverse Flash in the lightning that killed his mother (a nice nod to Flashpoint)
    -The Easter eggs like Grodd, Park, etc.
    -the speed CGI
    -The future newspaper showing the Flash gone with the Crisis, the red skies gone (nod to the original COIE), and the "Wayne Ent./Queen Inc merger" article too

Some things, however, I didn't like:
    -Barry's power coming from the accelerator (they could still change this though if they go the Flashpoint route)
    -Linda Park being an adult reporter already. This doesn't work at all. She should still be a kid
    -Barry growing up with Iris and her dad, and to a lesser degree, making her black. why? what's the point?
    -Barry already letting people know his secret identity. Even the WW now knows who he is. Not a great way to start your hero career. Everyone who is close to you is now a target.
    -the crossover with Arrow. I don't like it. Keep the "superhero" universe of the Flash separate from the "real life" world of the Arrow.
    Too late. It's already been confirmed that Berlanti, Kreisberg and Johns are going to give us a CW version of the Justice League:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/0...league-tv.html

Looks like the line-up will be Green Arrow, The Flash, Firestorm and The Atom. I'm hoping Cisco fulfills his destiny and becomes Vibe, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    It was okay, but ultimately a bit bland. It was your standard hero origin episode, complete with a generic villain battle. Couldn't they at least give Weather Wizard a costume and his classic wand?

From what I've seen, Captain Cold won't be getting his classic parka even if he does have the freeze gun and shades.
    Geoff Johns posted the first image of Wentworth Miller in costume as Captain Cold. It's only the initial look and, based on how they've upgraded costumes on Arrow in the past 2 years, it's reasonable that it will get closer to the classic look as time goes by...

miller-captain-cold2.jpg

If you look on the left side of the pic, you'll notice the white fringe of Cold's parka hood right behind his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    He could also be Booster Gold, possibly. Johns and Kreisberg discussed the fact there is a good chance Booster may show up on The Flash.

I'm still leaning toward him being Max Mercury.
    Booster was my first thought then i said with the ego booster have he wouldn't be just a undercover scientist.

How is Arrow still a "real life" world? have you seen Season 2? they drop those plans Flash is going to help push Arrow away from the real world setting.

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Excellent first episode. Ferris Air! The best part were the characters. All Barry' supporting cast were likeable folks. Barry reminds me a bit of the current Parker in the Spidey movies, and not so much like Barry from the comics. He still did a great job. Awesome to see Mr. Shipp in there as Barry' dad.

FLASH producers created poster featuring Zoom!

I didn't see this posted anywhere else on CBR. And it is seriously cool as hell...

a poster from the producers of Flash...featuring Professor Zoom!!!

Flash and Reverse Flash.jpg

Close-Up_Flash and Reverse Flash.jpg

Can I just say how freaking awesome it is to actually see a design for a live action Reverse-Flash in real life?!

I never thought I'd live to see the day. Absolutely incredible!

Fantastic Member

So-so.

It's ok entertainment if you don't expect much from it. The cast was very likable, and it placed Easter eggs with a lot more subtlety than Gotham. I love the lighthearted tone.

In the era of Marvel movies I don't see much of a reason to be ashamed of more traditional superhero costumes. The pretext for metahumans was ripped off from Smallville. It perpetuates John's non-Flash Flash (and he made sure of that), and makes necessary changes to the recurring cast and the mythos. The Arrow cameo was forced. Nothing that would prevent me from watching more, though. If they use the Elongated Man, it's all forgiven.

I liked the 90s series better, but since I watched that as a kid I might have nostalgia goggles.

Personally, I thought it was terrible. Sorry.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 10-08-2014 at 01:38 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Overall good episode.

What I liked: The supporting cast. While I'm not happy about the race swap with the West family I did like both of the West characters and actors playing them.

What I didn't like: I'm struggling with Grant Gustin as Barry Allen. Partially because I'm not digging his acting and partially because he feels more like real Wally West in terms of personality. I also didn't like the fact that they had adult Linda Park in a cameo role since if we ever do see Wally its going to be a fake Nu Wally meaning that real Wally West is now even more gone since there is no way he'll be with Linda unless they do a Mrs Robinson type romance.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 10-09-2014 at 03:55 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    The episode didn't need any more time to do what it does. It was pretty refreshing they didn't try to drag this out over another whole episode. And the Green Arrow bit could have been cut, so this first episode could have actually stood to lose something.

I mean what do you think it needed? What parts needed more time? What didn't it get across that needs to be there? I guess we could have had a whole episode of him having fun with his powers, them testing him, all while more stuff with the villain gets peppered in...but it's really nice they didn't do that.
    like i said, it just felt a bit rushed to me. if it had 30 more minutes, then i wouldn't have much of a problem.

Extraordinary Member

So I have to wait

It's way too early to tell if the show is going to be good or not but so far it looks ok. I liked that they didn't bring Arrow into it too much and kept the story's separated for now.
    Straight Shot Mob

BANNED

Here's a preview reel for upcoming episodes:

I really enjoyed this premier. Lots of nods to the comics and easter eggs, which I enjoyed. I liked the cast and how each character was presented. I particularly liked the Reverse Flash reference. It seems like this show it taking a lot more cues from the comics than Arrow. The speed effects were pretty great. I was worried the speed would look cheesy, but they pulled it off. So I'm hooked. I thought this premier was much better than Gotham. Though I'm glad both shows are out there and getting some notice. The lighter tone and the more fantastic elements were very welcome. I like how they presented Barry. Over all, a good start to grab my interest. Some stuff was a little weak, like the meeting with Arrow or the explanation of his suit, but those were pretty minor.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    You really think he is Barry from the future? Honest question. It seemed very obvious who he really is...
    No it doesn't. He could be zoom/reverse flash or he could be barry from the future. The zoom/reverse flash possibility is so cliche an dobvious that it will be really lame if they go with it.