Page 236 of 827 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 12392
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Another thing I have noticed is when the love interest is getting a pile of hate it is often the other person in a canon couple (at least from the source material) that isn't getting together yet. Jean from X-Men: Evolution, Iris from Flash, and so on. Other times it is the person coming in between the fans and their ship, especially if one half of it wants the relationship.
    I don't care enough about the love life of fictional characters for shipping. Often with shippers it's very common for them to ship characters that have no chemistry or compatibly with each other. Like I've seen people putting Cisco and Laurel just because it's one of the few times Laurel was actually fun. For shows like this where romance is commonly a side plot the best I can hope for is that it doesn't drag down the rest of the experience.

Okay, had to DVR this baby and only now got to see it.

I have to join the multitudes who are praising how they made Grodd utterly terrifying when he could have been quite hokey instead. I'm relieved Iris finally found out about Barry and is now interacting with the others: I don't hate Iris like some do, but it was getting ridiculous how almost everyone else Barry knows well knew his secret and she didn't.

And I wonder if Eddie isn't on the road to villainy himself after Eobard unloaded on the 'failure' stuff and informed him he would not get the girl.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Mighty Member

Iris has every right to be mad, but her blaming her dad for Eddie's kidnapping was dumb, and her inspirational role towards Barry wasn't as good as Wells'.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't care enough about the love life of fictional characters for shipping. Often with shippers it's very common for them to ship characters that have no chemistry or compatibly with each other. Like I've seen people putting Cisco and Laurel just because it's one of the few times Laurel was actually fun. For shows like this where romance is commonly a side plot the best I can hope for is that it doesn't drag down the rest of the experience.
    That's pretty much how the black hole known as Olicity was born and ruined Arrow.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I need to see some positive interaction (and on-screen or on-panel chemistry) before I'll buy into a ship.

Also, Cisco and Laurel? I don't see that one, especially after only a few scenes in one episode.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I need to see some positive interaction (and on-screen or on-panel chemistry) before I'll buy into a ship.

Also, Cisco and Laurel? I don't see that one, especially after only a few scenes in one episode.
    The only time I buy into a ship is when the relationship makes the people involved into more interesting characters. It's the reason why I like Leslie/Gordon. His relationship with her brought out sides of him I didn't know were there like his uptight professionalism. Leslie is like a kid in a candy shop when Gordon brings her in on a case. It's very fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet
    That's pretty much how the black hole known as Olicity was born and ruined Arrow.
    While the characters had chemistry I didn't think they would work as lovers. Would it kill Ollie to have a platonic relationship with a woman who isn't a relative? Their romatic tension has definitely been the worse part of season 3.

The only time I buy into a ship is when the relationship makes the people involved into more interesting characters. It's the reason why I like Leslie/Gordon. His relationship with her brought out sides of him I didn't know were there like his uptight professionalism. Leslie is like a kid in a candy shop when Gordon brings her in on a case. It's very fun to see.

While the characters had chemistry I didn't think they would work as lovers. Would it kill Ollie to have a platonic relationship with a woman who isn't a relative? Their romatic tension has definitely been the worse part of season 3.
    Largely (IMO) because that tension has been stretched to a breaking point. The 'no, we can't because reasons!' is fairly uninspired, especially when the other person is doing the behind the scenes work that makes what you do possible. Maybe if Felicity was living a quiet, normal life as the corporate IT worker, but she has basically become Oracle.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Yeah, their initial chemistry was fun, but that's been ruined now. Seriously, they should've just given up on the romance this season and given Felicity an arc of her own instead of always revolving around Oliver.

Incredible Member

Thoughts on this episode:

Sign me up for the "Grodd looks great" fan club. Interesting how his increased intelligence seems to have led to his learning to walk upright much of the time which leaves his hands free for other things. However I do still hope that in addition to "speaking" telepathically he actually speaks a few words vocally at some point. I think that, like everything else about him so far, it would make him even scarier rather than seeming hokey. Just imagine Cisco and Kaitlyn reacting to it- "He can TALK?!"

One question no one's addressed yet- why did Grodd have Eiling out stealing gold?

And I was sooooo hoping for a scene at some point where someone dumped Wells/Thawne out of his wheelchair, but I think we're well past that now. Oh well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    One question no one's addressed yet- why did Grodd have Eiling out stealing gold?.
    I think he did it to attract the Flash's attention and lead him into the trap.

Incredible Member

I thought Eiling in gold thief mode looked a lot like Deathstroke. And here I was so sure before that Grodd had killed him.

While I'm not on the Iris hate-bus, I do feel that she suffers from what has been a large problem in many of the television dramas of the last several years; that being the inability to give us a female character that is as compelling as the men featured. I'm not exactly sure where the issue stems from though: are there too few women in the writers room to offer up an honest perspective? Since the shows are testosterone driven, are the female characters not held to the same level of importance in the grand scheme by executives? Is it purely a performance thing? Caitlin has use on the show, and with the paper and blogs, Iris too should serve an integral purpose. So where in the mix does it get lost?

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    While I'm not on the Iris hate-bus, I do feel that she suffers from what has been a large problem in many of the television dramas of the last several years; that being the inability to give us a female character that is as compelling as the men featured. I'm not exactly sure where the issue stems from though: are there too few women in the writers room to offer up an honest perspective? Since the shows are testosterone driven, are the female characters not held to the same level of importance in the grand scheme by executives? Is it purely a performance thing? Caitlin has use on the show, and with the paper and blogs, Iris too should serve an integral purpose. So where in the mix does it get lost?
    I think part of the issue with Iris is that because of how she has this built in history with Barry, she has not had room to grow beyond her strange sister/romance role. I feel as though if she were to have been brought in a simply a random yet ambitious reporter then her story would have had more a chance to develop. I also think that an issue with her is that the show suffers from having too many characters and since she is has had the least hands on role with the Flash in terms of his activities, she has been left on the sidelines. In reality the Flash does not need a cop insider (Joe) since he is already on the force, that would remove the defaulted future nemesis (eddie), and he also does not need a team of super scientists helping him to fix every problem with last minuet science because it prevents him from doing anything on his own and actually growing.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

For those of us that still watch Gotham, there hasn't been any hate for Leslie Thompkins.
    Yes, she is an exception. In fact, I added "almost" to my earlier post because of her.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I wonder if Eobard is using reverse psychology on Eddie and he actually does turn out to be famous/successful etc. the reverse -flash is so manipulative to begin with.
    We know Joe becomes Central City Police Chief, we know Barry disappears during his team up with Green Arrow, The Atom, and Hawkgirl against the Reverse Flash, and we know that Gideon can shed some light on Eddie...question is, will she? (or will the writers )

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    And here I was so sure before that Grodd had killed him.
    I thought that, too, and was disappointed at the time.

But having him around and knowing the Secret...that makes things very interesting.