Page 262 of 827 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 12392
    Incredible Member

This just occurred to me: during their conversation a few episodes back, didn't Eobard say something to Eddie about history having forgotten him? If Eddie were sucked into the timestream by that singularity, that could certainly account for it.

(And he could potentially end up somewhere where medical science could still save his life and he could become Eobard's ancestor, and that would be a similar tale to how Eobar was originally conceived, albeit with Eddie replacing Iris. Wouldn't explain why Eobard disappeared at the end, though.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering all the risks involved, I find it hard to buy that that they all agreed to go through with the plan... especially since it depended on trusting that what Wells said was true. And even if Barry wanted to save his mom, they didn't have to let Wells leave as part of it. The show tried really hard to get the audience on board with Barry fixing his life, but it didn't ring true with me. And the added drama of that scene with Barry's dad didn't ring true either because Barry could have just said that Thawne had already screwed with the timeline and that Barry will become the Flash anyway even if his mom lives (the original timeline).
    I find myself agreeing. Plus, Barry was fresh off of trying to do a deal with Capt. Cold and getting double-crossed and learning that you just flat-out can't trust a supervillain, EVER. Yet he was willing to pin all his hopes and dreams for his whole life on the words of his worst enemy of all?

Meanwhile, here's another question that occurs to me regarding the time travel scheme. How is what they did with the particle accelerator and the speed force also supposed to effect space as well as time? What I mean is if Barry was able to use the process to go back in time to the point of his mom's death, why wouldn't it leave him standing on the spot where the accelerator would one day stand at that time instead of somehow transporting him to his childhood home? Or is it that that is indeed what happened but he just ran from there to the home at super speed?

1. Couldnt eddie have just made a conscious decision to never have kids and acheive the same goal.

2. This episode felt too short

3. Hat off to grant and the rest of the cast on the acting in the finale. Feel like this show is catching the emotion of smallville and the action of arrow.

So do you guys want a young jay garrick or old? Also there were rumors about flash ending up in a reality where smallville took place. Jay garrick exists there as a member of the jsa. Think that rumor has any validity? Would be nice to see rosenbaum and welling as clark and lex one more time for nostalgia. Would have to be an older garrick though

Fearless Defender

I'd go for older than Barry,old enough to imply he's been at the superheroes game for a bit longer than Barry but not an old man, I mean I'd be ok if they used his New52 Earth 2 appearance and costume

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Couldn't Eddie have just.....gotten a vasectomy?

That was the least Jewish Jewish wedding I've ever seen.

Good episode overall
    To be fair, nobody was Jewish except for the rabbi (Stein).

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    All of this could have been solved with a vasectomy, Eddie...
    I'm no doctor, but I think vasectomies can be reversed. Maybe castration.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wait, if Thawne is gone (heh), how did Barry become the Flash?
    The real Wells created the particle accellerator. Hey, that means the real Wells is alive and can be used.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The real Wells created the particle accellerator. Hey, that means the real Wells is alive and can be used.

Sandy Hausler
    It would also mean barrys mom is alive and everything else is fixed but its probaly not. Im sure his mom is still dead. Wells is coming back but iono how. If. Barrys mom is still dead then everything edobard did in the past still happens. Because if he trulely never existed then eddie wouldnt have shot himself. So it al happened as it should

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

A great finale, definitely ranks among the best S1 enders ever seen.

I love that Eddie ends up being the unlikely hero, though in true Eddie fashion, he kind of screws things up, too.

It was compelling to see the different characters' takes on what Barry should do, and they all felt right. Eboard's take was mutual interest, Joe faked his enthusiasm for his surrogate son, and Henry Allen didn't want to erase 'his' Barry at any cost.

I wonder if we'll get to see more of the future Flash from the reality that diverged when Eobard killed Nora.

One thing I've always wondered about with regard to Flashpoint, why does stopping Nora's death go against the natural order when she wasn't supposed to die in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That's not necessarily true. Barry becoming the Flash originally had nothing to do with Thawne. He became the Flash before Thawne came back and killed his mom. If he hadn't, then Thawne wouldn't have had any reason to come back in the first place. Thawne didn't "create" the Flash so much as altered the circumstances of the Flash's creation. Basically, this entire season has been an alternate timeline, diverged from Thawne's original one. So Thawne having never existed could simply reset the timeline back to its original state and restore the Flash's "original" origin (whatever that was).
    Then none of the Rogues exist anymore because without Thawne, there would be no particle accellerator explosion. Even Captain Cold, Heatwave and Golden Glider got their tech from Cisco, who would not have developed in but for his relationship with the Flash.

Sandy Hausler

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It would also mean barrys mom is alive and everything else is fixed but its probaly not. Im sure his mom is still dead. Wells is coming back but iono how. If. Barrys mom is still dead then everything edobard did in the past still happens. Because if he trulely never existed then eddie wouldnt have shot himself. So it al happened as it should
    My only guess is the wormhole at the end is a symptom of the universe trying to correct itself rather than just some disruptive singularity.

It's the only thing that makes sense. If Eobard never exists, Barry becomes Flash later in life since his mom doesn't die in the past. Everyone should have disappeared just as Eobard did because the timeline would have been disrupted going forwards and back because Eobard set off all of the events for the current season.

All-in-all, this was one of my least liked episodes of the season. Everyone seemed to be a lot less intelligent and the story was not handled well at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    One thing I've always wondered about with regard to Flashpoint, why does stopping Nora's death go against the natural order when she wasn't supposed to die in the first place?
    One way to look at it is that when changes are made in the past, the universe accepts that first change as the new natural order and any attempts to correct it oppose that new order.

I judt noticed a shot of Cold, atom and White Canary too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Got a little theory. Without Eobard the time line would have been thrown into chaos since he's the catalyst for almost every event on the show. Eddie being sucked into the singularity is the universe righting itself. Eddie will now become Zoom and possibly cause all sorts of problems for Barry throughout time.
    This was my first guess on what happens to Eddie, the moment he got sucked into that wormhole.

Pretty good finale and cliffhanger.

Very solid S1.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.