Page 281 of 827 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381781 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    I have a gut feeling that "Jay Garrick" isn't Jay and is really Zoom ala Return of Barry Allen except instead of Eobard Thawne pretending to be Barry in the comic, it's TVverse Zoom pretending to be Jay Garrick. I have nothing concrete to go on with this, just a hunch based on the mixing and mashing of Wally-lore-isms with TV-Barry and TV-Eobard in Season 1.
    That is so much an exact copy of season one where the villain pretended to be a friend, and even teaches Barry how to be a better Flash... I just don't see it happening. If it does turn out to be the case, I may be out then. It is so much more interesting for this to be the real Jay Garrick, helping Barry to find and beat his own nemesis in Zoom.

I think the bigger reveal is for Zoom to be revealed as someone we know only from Earth2.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm not sure, wouldn't that just be doing pretty much the exact same thing that they did with Wells in season 1, not sure they'd repeat themselves so soon.
    They're doing a Zoom again as a Big Bad, so they're already repeating themselves. Wells borrowed elements from both Zooms as I'm sure TV-Zoom will as well, maybe even the N52 other Reverse Flash as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    If it does turn out to be the case, I may be out then.
    Same. I'm surprised by how much I've enjoyed Arrow and Flash up till now. Neither show is groundbreaking or anything, but I've been way more entertained than I expected from the Green Lantern movie writers/producers. I keep expecting it to not last and they're true talents to eventually shine through.
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 10-10-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    They're doing a Zoom again as a Big Bad, so they're already repeating themselves. Wells borrowed elements from both Zooms as I'm sure TV-Zoom will as well, maybe even the N52 other Reverse Flash as well.
    They're getting away with it because they never called Thawne Prof. Zoom. He was just "Reverse Flash". I bet Zoom's look will be different too, in order to set them apart.

Time travel, particularly stories involving going back in time and changing the past, are a blatant impossibility. Not because time travel isn't possible. Because we don't know what is impossible now that will be possible in the future.

No, the truth of time travel is this... If you could travel backwards in time, and your goal was to kill Hitler before he came to power. Well, that is the blatant impossibility. You see, even though you haven't yet gone back in time in your experience, you have already been back in time, in the time that you were meaning to visit. So you have already been in the past and tried to kill Hitler. The problem is, something kept you from being able to do so. So while you think that you can go back in time and kill Hitler, the truth of the matter is that you have already been there and you failed to kill Hitler, you just haven't yet gotten to the point in your linear experience where you were able to make the attempt. But when you do, you will fail.
    Or you could be successful in killing Hitler and then end up creating an alternate timeline where (depending on how you got back there) you could either stay and live in this new timeline or return to your present where nothing has changed.

That is so much an exact copy of season one where the villain pretended to be a friend, and even teaches Barry how to be a better Flash... I just don't see it happening. If it does turn out to be the case, I may be out then. It is so much more interesting for this to be the real Jay Garrick, helping Barry to find and beat his own nemesis in Zoom.

I think the bigger reveal is for Zoom to be revealed as someone we know only from Earth2.
    Zoom could be an alternate version of Barry himself.

Zoom could be just about anyone...(if you think about it - he could be from an alternate universe - we don't know what world he's originally coming from).

I wonder if he's hunting Flashes of all universes. Or could he originally be from Jay's universe? Perhaps even from Barry's universe? (although his timeline has already been altered by RF and him). I wonder if Zoom knows all this.

Could that be the reason why he's interested in Barry?

Is Barry the true source of Speed force (for all Flashes in all the Universes?).

Anyways, who's playing him (physically?). Or is he just a model (I know that they developed one for Flash; maybe they modified it and are using it for Zoom, so no need for an actual human, at least for now).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

I didn't understand berry's dad's decision to leave town after he got out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    I didn't understand berry's dad's decision to leave town after he got out of jail.
    Yeah that wss Nutty. Makes me wonder who raisened him. Lettuce stop and ponder why he made this radish decision.

Astonishing Member

With DadBerry out of jail, there wasn't much for him to do. He would interfere with the Joe, Barry relationship. Got enough Scooby gang already.

BANNED

I was Berry sad when he left, but Im sure we will see him again

I am curious to see where Henry will go from here, and hopefully he won't go too far from Central City (not that it would be much trouble for Barry to make any distance).

Now that I think about it, considering Zoom is sending all these villains after Barry, it stands to reason that at least a few would be told or would decide to go after his biological father to get to him. So maybe Henry leaving now, however much it hurts Barry, might really be for the best .

I wonder if Henry will pop up for sure in the next Trickster episode this season, considering their last meeting and to get those two on-screen together again ?

Mighty Member

I’d like to see the explanation of Meta humans from other Earths. I’m sure they didn’t have a particle accelerator like the one in The Flash that created them.

I think Deathbolt probably came from one of the other 52 Earths since he wasn’t in Central City during the particle accelerator exploded. We never got an explanation of where he got his powers from.

This season may explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    spoilers:
    he combined with stein, flew into the singularity and then seperated to close the singularity and it either killed him or he got sucked up and barry was only able to save stein
    end of spoilers
    Well, this was a most bitter start to Flash's sophomore season. Bad enough that they killed off Eddie; they had to kill off Ron as well?! Hopefully, we'll be able to get him back, even without his Firestorm powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I’d like to see the explanation of Meta humans from other Earths. I’m sure they didn’t have a particle accelerator like the one in The Flash that created them.

I think Deathbolt probably came from one of the other 52 Earths since he wasn’t in Central City during the particle accelerator exploded. We never got an explanation of where he got his powers from.

This season may explain it.
    I don't think you could explain away Deathbolt like that, since it seems all the portals opening up with the AU Metahumans that Zoom is bringing in are tied to the singularity that happened in the season 1 finale and Deathbolt was active quite a bit before that.

Retired

Obviously Robbie Amell has other things on the go, like movies and appearing in THE X-FILES, so that's why they got rid of Ronnie Raymond. It helps that there have been other characters in the comics who have been Firestrom, besides Ronnie. I'm sure if one day Robbie clears his schedulle and can make a commitment to the role, he'll be back in as Ronnie. They wrote it so he could exit, with the door open for his return, yet without writing out Victor Garber at the same time. That seems fair to me.